He's Back! Boyle signed to PS

You could probably put Tim Boyle in that thread too.

3 Likes

For.Sure!

Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

1 Like

He’s back to get the defense ready so they can lead the league in turnovers.

Win-win. See what I did there? :stuck_out_tongue:

Groan.

Lions asked Blough to come back but he chose Vikings… Boyle was still available and they need another arm and he knows the system. I am way better with Boyle as 3rd string than 2nd.

3 Likes

1 Like

That’s where I am as well.

This is a good move. Boyle as 2nd string would’ve been a bad move.

1 Like

Your just upset when its not players you like or want The best kicker won an they may have got Blough but he went an got new spot an thats his right.

Boyle found out not much interest in him an came back . Lions got IMO the best backup that was a FA

They needed another on PS an if his attitude was bad they wouldn’t have signed him. They know what they got an he is on PS where he belongs. He can help team at least for awhile.

Seems they don’t agree with you often the Lion management an staff an if it helps they don’t call me either. :grinning:

Pisssst They’ll probably cut Justin Jackson from the PS so they can keep he is on PS they had a open spot for Boyle i wonder if it was a plan?

1 Like

As much as i understand this move im really hoping to see Holmes do with the QB position what he did with the WR position this offseason.

2 Likes

The 2 biggest goals of this season will be assessing and addressing QB and DT positions.

3 Likes

You can hope.

I am hoping that Goff returns to solid form and he steps up as a winning QB. If not, I will hope as well.

Shocked Oh No GIF by Yêu Lu

I wonder if the staff knew Blough was going to sign with Vikings, if they would have kept him on the active 53 for now and released someone else temporarily.

It always feels like they have a handshake agreement with everyone they releaes that they plan to get them right back on the roster or PS after they move some things around.

With Blough, they let it be known publicly they wanted him on the PS, but it was too late. Wonder if his wife wanted to be in Minnesota over Detroit when offered the choice?

Because he knows the playbook and can work with the second string and help get them ready as well as scrimmage them vs the first team defense.

Knowing the coaches and playbook brings a lot of value we can’t get elsewhere.

3 Likes

That’s what coaches are for. This is a complete waste of a spot. I suppose he could show them how to throw interceptions or fumble the ball away at critical points. If that’s what we’re looking to teach? Pro football talk has him rated as the 30th best backup QB. That’s the guy you wanna keep?

Coaches can run the second string offense and scrimmages?

Come on man - think about what your saying.

That means they think he deserves to be a backup QB in the NFL.

I get you do not like him but your taking about a PS level QB here. This is not a bad signing and he can bring value in practice and film study. I’ll take it.

3 Likes

I’m not saying don’t have a quarterback on the practice squad. I’m saying don’t have Tim Boyle, 27 year old Tim Boyle, who has accomplished nothing in his career except failure, on the practice team. Any of the other 31 teams could’ve had him for an additional hundred thousand dollars on their practice squad this year. None chose to pick him up, or none that we know of. So I could make the argument that he is 90th or worse, on the list of back ups. I want guys who have a chance to be developed into capable NFL players. I just don’t see Boyle is ever being that, so to me, this is a waste of position.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.