Higbee torn ACL

The cries of Kerby being a dirty player are gonna get louder.

Ugh that sucks. I don’t like seeing injuries no matter which team is playing.

11 Likes

Wòoooooooooooooooooo

I mean…

Sorry Matt Leblanc GIF

Wow- someone needs to tell Kerby to not really bite kneecaps. Those were clean hits, happens on almost every play.

1 Like

I mean these plays are tough… they are also 100% within the rules until further notice. Not sure what i expect a 200lb db to do against a 240-260 lb te

3 Likes

Kerby is not a good tackler. I would much rather see him going in with a shoulder but the intent to wrap him up. This is true of a lot of DBs, They just launch to make a hit instead of wrapping up. If I was the Vikings or the Rams I would not be happy with Kerby. In fairness to Kerby it was a legal hit and it stopped the ball carrier.

4 Likes

Unless you want two-hand touch football…unfortunately this is real football.

The risks are the risks.

High school kids take the risk every day.

No one says a thing when a D-2 Tight end gets his knee blown out.

1 Like

Kirby does go low and I bet he will soon enough start getting penalties for it. I’ve seen him do it last year too. But as of now it sucks if your the other team but it is a legal hit.

2 Likes

Clearly, no offense to you…

You have not played football.

1 Like

I mean, where should he tackle him?

Can’t go high, that’s head and neck. That guy would knock him over at shoulders. Maybe you can try to wrap the waist, but it all happens so fast.

I hate to see guys injured, even on other teams. But unless you want flag football, they will have to be allowed to tackle in more than one way…

3 Likes

He should be aiming for the ribs, but he’s concussed himself so much already that he’s going for a softer target.

1 Like

Until Goodell says otherwise. It’s coming.

Didn’t the same thing happen to Hockenson against us?

League is going to continue to change, no hits to the head, above the shoulders, which is understandable and correct. Now, just a matter of time before they outlaw this type hit.

Flag football is coming, already in the Olympics

Next year it will be tickel football. Smaller players tend to hit lower.

1 Like

yeah issue is the league wants DB’s to hit in the legs, hitting in the chest or head is a Flag

i do think Kerby has put some pretty narly hits up this season (and i will admit, its his second acl hes torn this season, he did also kill Hockenson)

but where else is he supposed to tackle.

Awful for him. Kirby also went low BUT…Matt threw the ball high and be bobbled it. Kirby went low but that is a BIG guy. Hard to blame Kirby.

Hock’s play to me is on the Vikes coaches. They run patterns parallel to the LOS and a big guy like Hock is tough to bring down coming at you full steam. Is Kirby supposed to take on a guy he is giving up 40+ pounds too high?

Skol to the Soul

@MinneSloter

Kirby Joseph = Tonya Harding at this point

rofl

1. It was bad timing and bad luck. If Joseph hits him a split second earlier or later, that leg isn’t planted and he’s fine.

2. The league is very soon going to do something to eliminate those low hits.

1 Like

Seems like the NFLPA stepped in the last time we’d seen a rash of low tackles like these. (When the league made the higher shots illegal.)

1 Like