Highest Speed Rating in Madden 23

Apparently we are all sleeping on Kalif.

5 Likes

I think Kalif matured as a receiver, last season. I hope it continues.
He is fast. That’s why he’s on returns.

2 Likes

For the record Jamo ended up with the highest speed rating with a 98 on a 11-99 scale. Tyreek Hill is the only receiver with a 99, and Quez Watkins of the Eagles was the only other 98.

4 Likes

So according to his teammates, we can just call Kalif a 97 then? I’ll take it but he’s probably way lower. And shame on Madden for that.

2 Likes

Jamo’s answer was the best!

2 Likes

Jamo is also the highest overall rated rookie WR at a 78, which is pretty good for a rookie at any position. If my memory serves me right, Olave was a 76, and Wilson was either a 76 or 75, and they were the next two highest rated.

2 Likes

I forget who it was but someone in the video but someone in that video said Kerby. I have no problems with any of this. Someone said Swift and he even said it was Kalif.

Also loved it when Mcneill said himself :rofl:

3 Likes

Calvin was an 87 his rookie year. What a testament to how good that guy really was.

3 Likes

Guessing Williams isn’t running with the team much, so not as many dudes picked him. They’ll learn by mid-late season. Loved J-Will’s absolute “knowing” when he says, “that’d be me”

3 Likes

Yes that was funny in a subtle way. He barely even looked up. Take bite, say “me”, keep it moving lol

2 Likes

Another question is why are they all eating in the hallways!? Can we not afford a team cafeteria,

1 Like

I believe the “kitchen / buffet” and cafeteria are separate. Weird I know, but I think they just walk down the hall and boom bunch of tables.

1 Like

For as confident as Jamo is “that be me!”, what’s going on with Chark, who would be happy with two slots below Raymond? Hmmmm.
I didn’t see JWill’s take, he’s always good in front of the camera.

1 Like

And I bet this won’t sit well with Jamo!

J-will will prove to be the best of them, because of “guts” factor. Dude is so relentless and determined. Love that.
Also - LOVE that this is even debatable. Seeing how fast J-will is, and that some of the guys think others are faster than him…wow.

This could get interesting.

Some guys are more confident in themselves, but with self-awareness. The question wasn’t about ‘who is the top rated WR.’ It was about speed specifically. You can be super fast and not a very good receiver. Honestly, 94/96 is very fast in that game no matter what.

He may see himself as a close 2nd to Raymond in speed (at least with Jamo injured), but as the better WR overall. For instance, he gets better separation/runs better routes/has better hands/more complete route tree/etc. I don’t see that as a negative… maybe just self-aware.

Jerry Rice was like that. He knew he wasn’t the fastest. But his game wasn’t about that. It was about insanely precise routes, cutting, getting in/out of breaks, and excellent hands. And he’s probably the best WR in history if you take entire careers into account.

1 Like

Tate, Barry, and others as well. Thing is, J-will IS that fast AND hard AF to bring down. Super-exciting stuff!

1 Like

They’re probably heading to a meeting. Finishing their meal on the way.

I know not every guy can’t have the alpha-dog persona. But Chark’s game IS about speed - not route running, jump balls, or all the other things that go into being a good WR. I don’t know the man that well, and wish him all the best while he’s in Honolulu Blue, but it came off as a little submissive to me. Yeah, Jerry Rice had the talent for humility to work, but I don’t see a good comp with Chark. The only good thing is, once Jamo is back, we really don’t need Chark to be all that, what with ASB, Cephus, and Raymond. Edit: forgot about Reynolds too.

Chark is in a completely different size category than Jamo and Raymond. Chark is bigger than Josh Reynolds.

1 Like