Highlights from day 1 of Shrine Bowl practice

I would love nothing more then for him to “f&ck the opponents sh!t up and make them feel like sh!t.”

2 Likes

Ojormo is interesting and I had my eye on him next to Coburn. He plays with a lot of power and I noticed him and Coburn played with good leverage, but I was really unsure on if he would bring any pass rush to the NFL and what his role would be.

I’ve been drafting Clark quite a bit late in the simulators because he aligns really well with what we could use, but I’ve only really been able to check out one game of his.

Absolutely nothing, other than the fact he declared.

Yep. He may hust be THE fit IMO. I do think he’ll really move up BC of the dearth of stud run defending NTs in this draft.

Yeah he probably rises, but I definitely think there’s a cap to how high he can go. He’s pretty athletic for his size but he’s definitely a 2-down run-stuffer. We could really use one of those and I do expect us to start rotating a lot anyway, so he’d be great for us. But I’d be pretty surprised if he rose any higher than say the mid-late 3rd.

2 Likes

We’re on the same page. I think he rises to the tail end of day 2.

Personally I’d rather have him than Benton. At least given our needs.

1 Like

I like them both about the same.

My preference is needs based. I think Clark offers a lot more in the run game.

He does but I think Benton is pretty good there too, maybe 70% of Clark, and much better against the pass. For me it kinda comes out to be a wash. But it depends what we’re after. If we also add an attacking 3t like Kancey or Oromo, then Clark is the guy I’d want. If we just add one guy, then I may lean towards Benton.

I just think a war daddy nose that can two gap even against doubles fundamentally changes our defense. I’d argue that it does so even more so than a stud pass rushing 3T. Though not as much as competent cornerback play of course :joy:

2 Likes

It depends on how good the pass rushing 3t is though. I assume you’d take Aaron Donald over pretty much any NT?

1 Like

Sure. Or Jalen Carter for that matter. I’d take Klancey over Clark even. But in terms of checking of boxes a wardaddy nose and competent coverage are the two things we need to have a competent (top 12-18) defense IMO.

Yeah we could certainly use one, I wouldn’t complain.

The secondary is a mess. If I posted one of my drsft simulations people would make fun of me for how many DBs I take.

1 Like

It’s hard not to take Garrett Williams at that 2b spot even after nabbing one in the first. Then there’s Kei’Trel Clark, Carrington Valentine, Mekhi Garner, Myles Brooks, Nic Jones screaming value late. I’m with you.

3 Likes

He’s a good football player. I’m fine with the ACL so either round 2 pick is fine with me.

Just so everyone is on the same page, Moro Ojomo is definitely a Brad Holmes type guy. First, he’s Nigerian. Brad loves Nigerians! And they do come with a certain background and work ethic. But to bring everyone up to speed, Moro Ojomo also comes with a mature and professional mindset straight out of college. He was involved in a local controversy for publicly calling out his teammates and the program culture that valued NIL deals, drinking and chasing pussy over doing what it took to win games and get big NFL contracts.

He will never be a star. But he has enough going for him to say he is going to be a 3 contract type player in the NFL. He will put in the work. He will hold himself that the guys around him accountable. And he will be where he is supposed to be on any given play.

1 Like

I know what cut who is second DLman you letting go to add two?

We have some are like clones to what your talking about as rookies draft picks?
We have a 3 of Moro Ojomo , Texas (RS Senior | 6-3, 284) on roster now well one would need to be resigned.

Buggs at 6’3" 295 an Jones 6’1" 318 Now Buggs is a UFA but Jones is on roster an will be if Lions want Him ERFA Oh an we have another who spent last season on PS Taylor 6’1" 295

Just pointing out we have similar an the rookies have year with team. Keeanu Benton 6’4" 315 like him bigger an can work with McNeil as NT or one move to 3 side

I am taking two for sure an depends on who else is there i have taken 3