I like Benton size an just looks nasty

6 Devon Witherspoon CB
18 Bijan Robinson RB
49 Henry To’oto’o LB
56 John Michael Schmitz either one would work Steve Avila
82 Keeanu Benton DT
This draft i am working on but Eagles take Robinson every mock

1 Like

I’d carry 4 DTs if one is James Houston but from the interior. 3 DTs plus one interior flamethrower.

Donte Stills

2 Likes

Buggs is definitely not 295 lbs. He left that weight years ago. He is a good example of how players can evolve with their weight but the “listed” weight is based on a different version of themselves. Like when Roy Williams played at 235 lbs but was listed at 215 because that is what he slimmed down to in order to test well. He admitted that he hadn’t played that light since his junior year in high school.

Buggs was under 300 lbs in an effort to win a job as a large edge defender. He has since given up that possibility and knows his role in the NFL is at DT. Buggs is around 315-320 now.

1 Like

Thats why I like Keeanu Benton he can play the NT or the 3 tech Now would i Like Carter sure but he will be gone an Breeze thats a call Lions will make not sure about him

Benton you get later in draft an fill more needs before him…You can get a OG an at least one CB an maybe a LB…

Keeanu Benton as senior he had 4.5 sacks…10 tackles for loss 2 PD his senior year he was just a DT other years was NT 3 years I like him as a big DT Kinda what they hope Brockers was going to be Big Tal man in center or 3 tech

1 Like

I’ve been looking higher in the draft for a DT plug and settling at this point for Mazi Smith at #48, without really liking it. So Jerrod Clark is intriguing. I presume #82 is high for him. If he looks like he belongs at the Senior Bowl, I suppose he could be a target for us at #182 or 193?

Updates from today are starting to leak:

1 Like

He and Brodric Martin have been my two 5th round + targets generally. I think both offer the 2-down run stuffing prowess we need. I think Martin’s more instinctive and offers a little more as an attacker, while Clark is a little stronger (though both are very strong) and plays harder. And that’s not a knock on Martin as much as it is a plus for Clark.

1 Like

Not unnoticed to Holmes! The guy loves pac 12 players

1 Like

Gonna have to do a deeper dive into Terell Smith. You Big 10 watchers should know all about him right? Did he make any impressions?

I pretty much expected a 5th round grade from you on Clark. I was trying to sneak Mekhi Blackmon, CB, USC into #152, but Clark could suit team needs better.

I think the later rounds are the playground for Brad. With our presumed worse drafting position in coming years, I think Brad might bite the bullet this year with free agent spending to supplement his picks in 2024 and onward. And give him more flexibility for later round trades.

Yeah and there’s a ton of CBs even if you wait until the 6th. Carrington Valentine, Kei’trel Clark, Cam Mitchell, Nic Jones, Myles Brooks, D’Shawn Jamison and maybe now Terell Smith. My hope is we take one outside CB early, a slot/nickel early, then another outside guy later. Obviously the draft can get crazy and you have to stay fluid, but I tend to like my mocks better when I’ve done something like that.

1 Like

Apparently one of the better RBs has been Deneric Prince out of Tulsa. His pass-catching and blocking has been especially praised which is good, since it was a bit of a question about his game.

5’11, 217, his running style kinda reminds me of Matt Forte. And if he’s as good a pass-catcher as he’s looked at the Shrine Bowl, that only strengthens the comp.

5 Likes

Day 2?

HBCU Shaq Davis getting some love:

4 Likes

https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/.amp/news/atlanta-falcons-shrine-bowl-practice-marquice-williams-terry-fontenot-scouts

Found a video of Prince feom high school and he looked to be pretty smooth catching the ball. He is 17 yards downfield on this catch…

He looks like an interesting late round guy.

1 Like

@Jman given your love of Torrence I’m surprised you aren’t more in on Atonio Mafi. 6’3, 340, people-mover with a nasty streak, and pretty light on his feet too. Like Torrence I don’t think he’s a great fit for what we like to do but you should definitely give him a look. Much cheaper than Torrence.

2 Likes

Good find, I did look at him on some of the rankings. Haven’t looked at any youtube games or highlights.

But I do know that he was a LG and we are set there. And I do know he played in the Wac-10 … but I guess so did Sewell. Is this guy Somoan too?

I don’t know, just watching Torrence stalemate Carter and dominate the SEC and he’s strictly played RG his entire career. Seems prefect to me.

I hope he’s Larry Allen and if he is I hope we draft him

1 Like

Chiefs drafted more than a few last year……
and they had a huge impact on Sunday.

4 Likes

That draft may be close

I can see
DE
CB RD 1

S and LB and another CB in them mid rds

Late RD RB and another CB could be BPA at that point

2 Likes

FA running backs are about to get squeezed hard

2 Likes