Hip drop tackle banned

https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1772275064995479659?s=20

Absolute ■■■■■■■ bullshit.

Who’s ready for tackling to be banned by 2030?

1 Like

Tickling Will Ferrell GIF by filmeditor

Just in time to ■■■■ the lions in 2024

1 Like

Considering the Lions outstanding rushing attack. Rules that make it harder to tackle Monty and Gibbs might actually help us. Still hate it though

How exactly do you tackle from behind now? Loop the arms around the legs? Grab his jersey and wait for help?

1 Like
1 Like

When the Ball carrier is behind you… no need to pursue. Just blow him a kiss and watch him run…

Academy Awards Film GIF by CBS

1 Like

Thats why lions should draft weapons and oline. Get ahead of the curve

1 Like

Hey! Wanna see more knee and ankle injuries from guys diving at legs! Here ya go!

6 Likes

I’m on board with it. This tackle on Andrews is a GREAT example why it got banned.

1 Like

I get that a lot of people hate to see the game continue to become softer and softer.

I remember I hated it when they implemented the defenseless WR rules. I remember I hated it when they implemented the horse collar tackle rule. I remember I hated it when they implemented the all of tackling the QB rules. Etc.

In the end, I don’t miss a single one of those hits. On the contrary, I feel like the game is still great to watch and the players are staying healthier/having longer careers. I think the rules are working to improve the players’ lives after their NFL careers as well. Because of this, I think I’ve become convinced that these changes are actually an improvement for the game despite my initial reactions. I think the hip drop tackle rule will fall into that category as well over time.

I don’t love that they are enforcing this through fines in addition to penalties though. Penalty? Sure. Fines? Not the biggest fan of that enforecement strategy (And this goes for the penalties listed above as well).

PS - If I’m a defensive player in the NFL I’d be telling my agent that I want a “team pays all fines up to $X dollars” clause in my contract.

Shoulder Shrug Idk GIF by MOODMAN

3 Likes

I was just going to say, Kerby’s about to have a booming “tackling” consulting gig.

1 Like

This part I’m not seeing. Feels like ACL and achilles tears are at an all time high. Not sure of supporting data on that or where to find it.

1 Like

This dude is dirty…Rams…Vikings fans.

angry kirby GIF

1 Like

I think the Achilles may be about the players simply getting too big and fast for their tendons :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

94% of Achilles injuries are non contact. League has zero control over whether a players Achilles heel is there… Achilles heel

I’ll let myself out.

3 Likes

Fair. I did say ACL tears first though. Kerby knocking them out all day…everyday. :wink:

I just don’t see how defensive players are suppose to tackle anymore. That’s my frustration. Several nfl players have said they have gone too far. I agree with them.

2 Likes

That’s also fair. ACLs are like 80-20 caused by CONTACT.

1 Like

I honestly want someone in the league office to come out and say how a defender is supposed to tackle a guy from behind. I want to see how they want them to do it.

3 Likes