Hockenson showing his true colors

I like Hock. Own one of his Jerseys too. He is a solid player.

Problem for me is I would never draft a TE that high or pay one a salary like his.

The ROI on that investment is a bad one and I stated this much from the beginning. The fact the Lions have made this mistake multiple times is very frustrating to me and if Holmes takes M. Mayer with his first pick next spring (like mocks are projecting) I’m going to lose my shit and all faith I have in him as a GM.

6 Likes

Surely they know better.

1 Like

I thought there was no way Quinn would make the same mistake that got Mayhew fired. But he did.

I firmly believe that choice lead to both of them being fired.

Don’t do it Brad!

3 Likes

separate conversation my man
Least fav teams in order

1. Pack
  2. Cowbosy
  3. Bears
  4. Vikings.

I’d love to see them all have losing record every year.
Has nothing to do with wanting to bat good teams…that’s a separate conversation.

1 Like

I get that. That is kinda a siffeeent category
Lions could still need to bear other great nfc afc teams then to help make it legendary.

I wonder how much of it was DC and how much of it was Brad Holmes? Either way, I am fine with it. He wasn’t doing much for us, and our other TE have been doing as good or better to pick up the slack.

2 Likes

+100000

1 Like

I agree, but the firing was all about Patricia. Couldn’t let him make a third HC decision.
His drafting was good on the whole. If he’d taken the other unproven Patriot, Mike Vrabel, he’d still be here.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.