Hockey season!

There is nothing like college hockey… I remember getting tickets to the holiday/winter tournament (forgetting the name of it right now) but it was a tournament around Christmas time that had UM, MSU, Saulte st. Marie, western… bunch of teams. Anyway and the games were all at Joe Louis and you could just go in and watch an entire day of hockey and pick your seat. So much fun!

UM games were a blast to go to when I was there.

Random story, during the 2004 lockout they had a game at Yost arena and a bunch of NHL players including Sergei Fedorov played in it. I forget who all was in it, but that was really cool to see.

Anyway, yes to college hockey!

1 Like

Agreed, and I think we start to see it this year with the Wings.

Last night reminded me of a Lions game actually, in regards to this year. They played hard, they played gritty, they played fast… and then they got gut punched in the end…

It gave me confidence both the wings and lions are on the same trajectory, albeit the wings being a year or two ahead of the lions in terms of rebuild.

1 Like

Agree not a cool head thing to do but can you blame him either? Blashill said as much today. Looks like Larkin got injured again, just came back from injury… it was a cheap shot hit from behind that should’ve been called and wasn’t and he got mad, turned around and popped him. Yeah you have to have a cool head but when that stuff isn’t called and the players are left to police themselves, it creates this scenario. The NHL does nothing to help it either…

I find it ironic Larkin is both now injured and suspended and the other guy is in the clear. Frustrating situation on a number of levels

After just a game and a half its readily apparent the overall skill level of the team has markedly increased…

2 Likes

Great win

I, for one, would love to see another site, even a subset of the Den, where Den Members and Puck Nuts could chat about all things Hockey…Would be great fun, especially for those like myself, who played the game for many years, in the US & Canada. Wings Rink or Winged Wheel…Just a thought

5 Likes

So…

Do the Red Wings currently have more wins than the Lions will get this year?

I think there’s a good chance.

1 Like

Break up the Wings!

Yzerman with the Cup

In Steve we Trust…Luucas Raaaymond nets his 1st !!!..Team is off to a good start.

2 Likes

Raymond and Seider are atop the rookie board for points. I’m very happy that both are up now and playing at such a high level so early in their careers.

Also, Greiss is holding down the fort extremely well. Gotta have good goaltending to support this young and emerging team. One thing I always appreciate is hard work and energy. This team has a ton of energy and compete level. Good stuff.

Very entertaining to watch.

I’ve been watching this rebuild since Yzerman came on board and it’s remarkable to see this team come out of the gates like they have. I’m going to enjoy game by game seeing this team grow together.

5 Likes

Not impressed with the wings new goalie at all.

Just in … Lucas Raymond and Mo Seider are pretty good.

1 Like

Now we need Larkin to step it up.

2 Likes

Sigh…it was nice to be the Yankees of the NHL for a decade…the last decade has been very very ugly. Nice to see some of the young guys start to play up to their talent level…hasn’y happened with a lot of teh guys the last 5-7 years.

That tournament was the GLI - Great Lakes Invitational.

1 Like

Big MO nets his 1st Career Goal Sat nite!!..Wins Game in OT 4-3 against Buff Nov 6 …What a way to score your 1st Goal of your NHL Career! Game Winner !!..He’s currently 2nd in NHL Rookie scoring - 1 Goal, 9 Assists, behind only fellow Red Wing Rookie - Lucas Raymond, who has 5 Goals, 8 Assists thru Nov 6.

3 Likes

Was a great shot by Seider… so exciting to see 2 rookies looking like studs.

Seider made a defensive play that caught my eye as well… because he physically overmatched a forward… knocked him off the puck with sheer size and strength… and because of the dominance… was able to just move along with the puck in 1 smooth motion and start the breakout. Plays like that are so underrated… and make me hopeful he can become our version of Hedman.

Hopefully Zadina can develop into a sniper and Velleno can be a great 2 way center… and we get back to some great hockey in Detroit.

2 Likes

2 more wins without a loss would mean .500… that’s a Victory in Detroit!

1 Like

Ahhh that’s right thank you!

Stevie Y WILL bring The Cup back to Detroit! Liking this young team!

1 Like