Hooker struggles in OTA

Miss You Wow GIF by EsZ  Giphy World
“Ya Know It’s Hard Out here for a Pimp…When your tryin ta get the money for the Rent…With The Cadillac and gas money spent–will cause a whole lotta bitches jumpin ship !”

1 Like

I wouldn’t expect Hooker to do everything Goff does. If Goff were to get injured, you play to Hooker’s strengths. He’s very accurate and throws a good deep ball. The thing with Detroit though is you don’t have to play off script and create something out of nothing. Goff has never been good at playing out of structure and he doesn’t have to here. Hooker will get that same benefit of not playing out of structure.

If Goff gets hurt week one I bet Sudfeld gets the nod because he knows the offense better

If Hooker does play I think we go to Cooter-ball, max protect every snap in shotgun and run a hi-low RPO

1 Like

I don’t see Sudfeld playing. That’s media talk.

Goff knows how to read defenses correctly and determine what he is seeing then turning his back to the field and making the play.

He has years of experience that Hooker doesn’t. It appears that Hooker is making progress but still has a ways to go.

3 Likes

Rt now, Sudfeld plays before Hooker.
Come game one it’s 50/50 who is the backup.

Sounds like Hooker is a bust. Wasted pick

1 Like

Obviously, anyone who struggles in their first training camp can only be a bust.

/s

TNutZz always wanna argue… :laughing: No one said anything about a rule, but teams don’t pick QB’s in the 2nd or 3rd round to be back-ups. They’re picked to be the future starters, or that’s the hope.

I’d have to look but was it a “list” of 2nd, and 3rd rounders? And it’s because Brady was never a sure bet to come back. They were looking for his future replacement.

Not 2nd or 3rd round picks. Goff has proven to be durable. No one is wasting a 2nd/3rd rounder in hopes they’ll get a 2nd/3rd rounder in the future in a trade. He’s not getting traded if he’s worth a 1st. He’d be the starter. Also, you’re using the word “developmental” which means he’s not a back-up because he’s not ready to play. He would be a future player. This proves my point. Was he drafted to be a future back-up? Weird.

A better back-up? How was Hendon a better back-up? Teddy retired after he was drafted. And which one is it? Back-up, or developmental? As of right now he isn’t even a back-up. Chances are they’re going to have 3 QB’s because he isn’t ready.

Sorry TNutzz… you lose again. Like, I’m asking a legit question and wanting to know other peoples opinions. So how about just giving your thoughts instead of throwing a sarcastic hissy fit? Why u always trying to fight someone :laughing:

Then they shouldn’t hope. It’s been over a decade since a decent QB (Russell Wilson) was selected in the 3rd round:

• Desmond Ridder
  • Malik Willis
  • Matt Corral
  • Kellen Mond
  • Davis Mills
  • Will Grier
  • Mason Rudolph
  • Davis Webb
  • CJ Beathard
  • Jacoby Brissett
  • Cody Kessler
  • Garrett Grayson
  • Sean Mannion
  • Mike Glennon

HH is indeed a developmental backup. Developmental, in that he has tremendous upside, but required time to heal from injury and to learn this offense. Backup, because Goff is locked in and at his peak… and because you shouldn’t expect a 3rd rounder to be anything more than that.

2 Likes

Google it

Not mutually exclusive. Also Teddy made it known before the draft that he was retiring

This is gibberish

I’m not the one who pulled this post out of the archives. Also, apparently they do. And the Lions just did. And here’s a revelation - A QB can both be drafted to be a backup and potentially a future starter

Is this irony day?

1 Like

Hookers sometimes struggle. It just happens

2 Likes