How about Baker Mayfield to the Lions? - ProFootballTalk

Good one…things seem to get to your emotions too. :smile:

How did he get so many commercials without being any good!? He must have an amazing agent.

1 Like

Sorry, but I think there is room for all all types of Lions fans. You don’t need to be positive and drink Kool-Aid all day to be a ‘True Lions fan’. This team has sucked for 70 years. There are a lot of fans that have followed this team their entire lives and rarely seen a competitive team fielded. Just because they aren’t positive, doesn’t mean they aren’t ‘real fans’.

5 Likes

Baker just isn’t accurate enough. Period. He’s a good guy, awful commercials, a little charisma. But if you can’t consistently throw the ball to open receivers, you’re not going to be around long in this league. He can’t consistently throw the ball to open receivers. So…

4 Likes

Okay, your right. But it doesn’t mean they are good fans. A married man is a married man regardless of how he acts but if he is critical and his always bagging in his wife then he is an asshole. So yeah, there are asshole fans….they are still fans….and they are also still assholes. It’s a little different here bc it’s a message board. But in real life if you were always hanging out w the one friend who was always hating on the team and blasting them, you would grow tired of it or maybe you wouldn’t bc you do it as well…who knows……case in point…in my own life…can’t stand watching lions w my dad. He is an asshole lions fan. The man can record a game bc he yells at it live….know the lions win by 42 points…look it up it happened once……and STILL yell at the recording……I just wanna chill and watch the game. Asshole fans are good dudes……and they care a lot about the team…….almost too much bc they have become bitter and jaded (reminds me shout out to my dude @JadedLionsFan) about the crappiness of the team. If I ever get like that I’ll stop watching the lions……bc I don’t need it hurting my soul or zest for life…….

@BigNatty i feel like I’m channeling my inner baldness. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

True Lions fans cycle between Kool Aid and Rage.

Hourly.

10 Likes

That’s how I am with my dad. Lions games and Michigan/Michigan State games (he supports both). His entire mentality is screwed up when he watches those teams. Every football play is supposed to be a touchdown for the offense or be a tackle for loss for the defense. Anything short of that gets yelled at. Watching basketball every shot has to go in. Every miss gets yelled at for being a stupid shot the guy knew he wasn’t going to make. Every play on defense should result in a missed shot.

I watch a lot of sports with my dad, but if its Lions/UM/MSU he’s a different person that suddenly doesn’t understand the game.

I think for this analogy to apply, the wife would need to be a fat, lazy POS who cheats on him and can’t be relied on for anything other than disappointing him. In other words every bad word he says about her is 100% true and warranted.

3 Likes

LOL - Hilariousness, my bro! Well done!

LOL
Buncha tortured, PTSD, Trauma-bonding, loyal-ass, bipolar MF’rz!

3 Likes

Sums up my fanhood very well!

4 Likes

So here is the thing. I figured someone might take the analogy to that extent. It doesn’t matter. What matters is the person. You can’t control her and her actions. She can be a horrible person but it doesn’t mean you Have to be a horrible person to her. If you decide to take that path then you are choosing to be an asshole. Life is about choices and how we choose to carry ourselves……every choice defines who we are.

And I’ll say this about my dad. I wish I had more time to watch games w him, not bc he is fun to watch them with bc he is not……but bc he is declining rapidly into Alzheimer’s and can’t tract the games anymore. I regret not sucking it up and watching more game w him. Lucky son of a gun thinks we won the super bowl this year……why? Well because his last memory that is intact is stafford in Detroit. He knows stafford won. Super bowl so ergo…the lions won the super bowl……my man is so proud of his lions this offseason……my cousin threatened to tell him the truth and I threatened to break his nose……I swear I’m nice in person……don’t you dare take that from my dad. :man_facepalming:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I guess im just a asshole who is just negative. Again no one knows who i am outside the message besides a few people who know im not what some are saying. But in the end i love everyone. Even if i disagree with you life is short

2 Likes

Sending love to the fam, brother.

No one is talking to you. Talking about the concept of negative fans in general.

No one called the the “asshole” fan a loser. They are good dudes. Again, no one is talking to you.

No one was talking to you directly….

Have a good night.

That maybe true but it started with one post about me. Have a good night. Oh just lost my grandma to that disease. :cry:

Florio he knows Lions are on right track maybe not fast as some fans want but doing it right way an now he wants to Screw Lions NO! NO! NO! to Mayfield

2 Likes

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Florio is an idiot.

Mayfield carries an 18.8m cap hit. The Lions are pretty much up against the cap as it is with the rest of what they have going to their draft class. If the Lions move Goff this season, they free up 650k and eat 30.5m in dead cap. Even if Mayfield was a good QB, there is no way the Lions could make this work. Goff is the Lions QB this year. Full stop.

1 Like

Sucks, buddy. Sending love to you and gramz.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

If Goff’s $15M roster bonus became due and payable, trading him this season is virtually impossible. They would’ve had to do a deal before that. And, quite frankly, with teams like Washington allegedly calling “every team in the league” about available QBs, one has to think the Lions were one of those teams. If the Lions wanted to trade Goff, it would’ve already happened.

Suffice to say, Holmes and Campbell want to see whether Goff can repeat his success at the end of the season with a healthy OL, more weapons at WR, and a more creative play caller.

3 Likes