How about Baker Mayfield to the Lions? - ProFootballTalk

I don’t see how Baker is any better than Goff.

Smart money would be to draft a qb. Having a qb on a cheap rookie contract would open up cap space in the future.

If someone paid me that much money(for doing commercials) I’d spend some time being terrible, too. Hell, I’ve done it for free many times.
Sometimes I’M the one that pays for my terrible behavior.

1 Like

Can you write out the rules for being a proper Lions fan? I dont want anyone to disappoint you.

2 Likes

So you’re calling us a bunch of women?

1 Like

Critical people aren’t necessarily assholes. Give me criticism I can learn from rather than indifference. Or even insincere praise.

Not good enough for the Browns to win , but send him to Detroit. Goff is better then Mayfield. Guess if your avg player at best Detroit is a good landing spot.

The irony of being a disappointing fan, for a team that always disappoints its fans. Its like a fork lift picking up an actual crate of forks.

2 Likes

They did the same thing with Quinntrica most won’t admit it. But same shit you were not a good fan if you didn’t like every move. I don’t see how saying the same shit with every hire then turn out to be wrong about that hire over and over again is being a good fan.

1 Like

Yote you said the same thing with Rod Marnelli.

“They” were of the belief that when the Lions got outside input when putting the last staff in place that they should be given a chance. It didn’t take long for that honey moon to be over. For this staff there were calls very early on for everyone to be fired. Now we have the opposite, people who were calling for them all to be fired deciding that it’s OK to give them a chance.

1 Like

I think the assholes are the guys that are wrong with every hire yet pound there chest listing to me I’m know how to be a great fan.

1 Like

John Wayne’s quote applies to this article:

Life is hard……it’s even harder when you’re stupid.

2 Likes

Who called for them to be fired ? when you start out losing 10 straight looking like you couldn’t beat a college team. You gonna get some negativity. When you start looking like a NFL team people start believing more. Most I see are in a wait and see stage there just not lapping up every move like some.

Nate had a thread early on calling for the staff to be fired and it had legs.

But that’s not everyone that’s negative, and let’s face it Dan made some pretty questionable calls there. I mean it was a real shit show to start.

I’d rather have Goff than Mayfield but personally I think that both are better then given crimedit for. Mayfield played through a lot last year. I think 2020 is more his true level of play. Goff’s upside is much higher though.

1 Like

florio is pissed because he already has a baker mayfield and he wants someone else to get one.

That wasn’t the point. This was the point, “For this staff there were calls very early on for everyone to be fired. Now we have the opposite, people who were calling for them all to be fired deciding that it’s OK to give them a chance.” People flipped on their very early takes, just like people flipped on their very early takes with the previous staff. And I don’t know anyone who supported “every move”, esp in the draft. What we have now is people bagging on this staff that can say who they want but not how to get there. We are in fact using the cap AND kicking the can down the road to free up additional money right now. The staff has a shit load of signings that cost us little to nothing to move on from if they find a better option but are covering the bases in the meantime. So while the talent level of this guy or that guy may not be what you would like, if we can find better options don’t be surprised to see us move on. Have we overpaid anyone? Is this team better than the one we started last season with if we didn’t even have a draft?

Well, let’s see. Who did we pick up along the way? Both Reynolds, Riley Patterson at kicker who if we had when we played Cleveland we likely walk with a win, Addition by subtraction of having DC take over the OC calls.

They had to shit can how many bad contracts and are still doing it. What EXACTLY are their “bad moves”? How EXACTLY do you sign guys who don’t want to come here? There’s legitimate criticism and concern and there is also people who just bitch to be bitching.

2 Likes

I’m going to miss those Progressive commercials though.

There’s a difference between seeing a coaching staff improve and flipping your view in 10 games, then hanging on every move for 2 years watching them gut the team of talent telling fans they not fans if they couldn’t see the vision. Going in to the third even. And they were way more of these guys then the few your talking about.