How do you all feel about Brock Wright?

I think he’s done ‘some’ good yet I don’t know how I feel about him staying here… :laughing: :melting_face:

Being available is a skill

1 Like

looks like Tarzan-plays like Jane.

Block Right has a role w the team as designated “get lost in the shuffle and pop out late the other way 25+ yards or a TD every time” TE, plus his namesake.

Run him back.

Its Mitchell that has to prove he can be a viable everydown weapon/route runner if SLaP goes down, as the block only jumbo TE is really Skip.

8 Likes

It feels like they’re going to add another low cost vet or late round pick and keep letting these guys battle it out behind LaPorta

Except that’s not the case. Looks like Tarzan-plays like exactly how Dan and Ben want him to. He’d be on my team next year if I were running things.

2 Likes

Brock Wright is a Lion for life. Dan loves players like Brock, he is not a world class athlete, but his work ethic and football smarts makes up for it. He’s not going to cost a lot, but he will earn very cent he makes.

13 Likes

Ben Johnson has the best Y-Hide packages in all of football.

3 Likes

He really has made a few really impactful plays over last 2 years. Not many plays but a few have certainly been key

He is a RFA if they want him will make a offer.

1 Like

The myth is bigger than the reality. He had less than 100 yards receiving last season and 1 TD. He is a below average blocker. That said I would draft Erick All day 3 and keep Wright as the #3.

2 Likes

I’d bang. But wouldn’t like marry him

3 Likes

I like Erick All and Spann Ford day 3

He’s all Wright by me

Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music

2 Likes

2021 - UDFA. Made the practice squad and was called up in week 7. Played 10 games the rest of the way, missing 1 due to Covid. Averaged 30 (48%) snaps on offense per game.

2022 - Played all 17 games, averaging 35 (52%) offensive snaps per game. Saw an uptick in snaps after Hock was traded.

2023 - Played 14 regular season games, missing three because of a hip injury, and 2 playoff games, breaking his arm in the Bucs game. Averaged 30 (43%) snaps on offense per game.

Dan and Brad trust him a lot, you don’t see that much of the field if you’re not someone that can be relied on. He’s one of the quiet success stories of this regime, a significant part of our top 5 run game. He’s not on the field to catch passes (except huge 3rd down conversions) so judging him on that is silly.

For a minimum salary guy he’s as good as you can get. Love me some Brock Wright.

9 Likes

his role right now is to block, that is why there is not gaudy numbers/ stats behind his name.

1 Like

He’s a bonafide threat in the passing game, and teams have to account for him.
Plus, he is a pretty good blocker.

1 Like

he is actually quite athletic……

just a little stiff for the 3-cone….

2 Likes

he typically does the thing

1 Like

He’s got

For a backup TE & ST player and sometimes he makes

2 Likes