How this weekend changed my draft board

So then we are doomed no matter what QB we get? I mean cmon man. I think coaching definitely comes into play but you can’t say you need an elite QB to win. We had that here for a long time and couldn’t do squat with it. You think if Stafford stayed and McVay came here we would be where he is now? That’s ridiculous. Having an elite QB definitely helps but they don’t grow on trees. Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen. That’s it for truly elite QB’s. Brady was in that group but let’s face it he’s on the decline. Burrow could be on his way but has a longer road to go then most will admit. Tannehill is no better than Goff. Stafford is winning with a good coach and a better all around team than probably every other NFL roster. If you’re willing to say those are elite QB’s than so is Murray, Herbert, Dak, Russ, Lamar. I mean the list could go on. By your logic you would’ve considered Goff elite just a couple years ago.

2 Likes

I couldn’t disagree more…. We are 2 bonehead picks away from Tannehill and Jimmy G having 50/50 shots to play each other in the SB…

That Tannehill wasn’t a talent thing, it was embarrassingly bad…

Tell me that if Tannehill beat a Burrow with pass rush and a run game, and Jimmy G beat Rodgers with defense, ST, and a run game…

We’d all be salivating at our process given where Goffs talent ranks with jimmy and Ryan. The Titans had the game.

1 Like

Exactly!! Of course every one wants an elite QB. I just don’t think you reach in the draft to get a lesser prospect. Ask the Giants how that worked out with Daniel Jones.

This is exactly what I think.

Armstrong, McCall, (mobile qb’s with good arms), Rattler,pocket passer with good arm. Eh, cloudy yes, bad…I doubt it.

1 Like

Oh I was talking about the draft class as a whole.

I couldn’t tell you who the 5th best player is right now.

Actually the 5th best player in this draft is likely to change between now and the draft.

And the Lions were 6 kick results and a covid listed player away from 9-8 this season.

Who’s playing football this weekend and who isn’t?

1 Like

There’s no QB worthy of the #2 pick, none…but you are saying if Dorsey signs-off on one then go ahead and take that QB that is not worthy at pick 2. …is that not what you said!!!

1 Like

But that’s your opinion. It’s my opinion too. It’s a lot of people’s opinion this year.

But if it’s not John Dorsey and the FO’s opinion, then what generational talent should keep them from making that pick?

There is literally no proof that a QB from this class could not end up having been worthy of a 2OA selection.

My bad. Let me clarify what your opinion that you stated is. I was pretty vague…

Even going back to last year, Allen drops some pinpoint passes on the move, like just before he’s out of bounds where you’re certain he’s throwing it away. Sick. Rodgers-esque.

1 Like

That’s fine. I mean, it’s a mutual thing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah but no. Tannehill and the titans were not beating the bills or the chiefs in the conference championship.

Jimmy G is not beating either of those teams either. He might not be able to beat the Rams in the NFC Championship game.

Also, i never said it was not possible, I said typically your chances are HIGHER with a guy of the caliber of Allen and Mahomes over Tannehill and Goff…and like i said…you wanna take that chance? Fine, but it’s a gamble…a huge one. It’s the gamble that the rams and jags took and the rams were fortunate to be able to cash in on a better option…it destroyed the jags.

There is literally no proof that any QB in this draft will be better than Goff either.

I don’t think people recognize how incredible Goff’s stats those last 5-6 games with the receivers he had were. Why are we talking about trying to improve on a position that is probably one of the strongest on the team?
Let’s build this team, if in a few years if Goff somehow sucks, then let’s focus on drafting a QB. Without a team around a rookie QB, he’ll probably fail anyways.

5 Likes

Honestly. I do agree with this sentiment. I am perhaps having a knee-jerk reaction after watching the games last night…and the idea is IF willis really is the next lamar or josh allen…then take the chance…otherwise roll with Goff.

1 Like

Again. I am not advocating for taking any of these QBs. I frankly believe Goff is going to win a lot of games here next year and be very successful by our standards.

What I’m saying is that he isn’t like any of these guys, and while your in this position with the pick of any QB in the class, if your QB evaluator Dorsey says a guy is worthy, then you can take him not worrying about passing up on a generational top of draft talent.

1 Like

And then we trade Goff and he goes to another team, takes them deep into the playoffs…and then we wish we had a QB like him.
Yep, sounds familiar.

2 Likes

On an unrelated note, it would be nice to have a return guy like the Rams have.

1 Like

You mean Brandon Powell, who we signed as a UDFA?!?!

Yeah, I wish we had that too.

1 Like

You seem to have this weird obsession with mobile QB’s…and then you posted that you had an epiphany and no longer believed you needed a mobile QB to win…and now it seems you’re back to where you started.

The Scientist GIF by Coldplay

Fields. Projecting obviously.

Dak will be 29 next year as surprising as that may be.

1 Like