Hutch @ 1OA

Give me Hutch, Olave, MLB, CB, SS

I’m sticking with Big V one more year. Saving 4M after dead cap does little to allow us to add another average or above 16 game starter.

Goedert just got 15M per. Golladay got 18M. If Olave becomes our McLaurin, Hutch becomes our TJ Watt, and we get a guy like D Lloyd we immediately shape up.

If we have average players already. No resasonto cut them to save little money, and burn a pick to hopefully get a comparable replacement.

Aka- cut Big V, save 4M sign a guy of Ammendola caliber in FA or Shelton for the 4-5M we get, draft a guy we hope is J Jackson.

Aren’t we better off with Big V and a 3rd Ed CB, WR, or SS?

2 Likes

I can’t quite get a grasp on Hutch. I know he has a high motor…but is that Jared DeVries/ Kyle Vanden Bosh motor?? Or is it Jared Allen/ JJ Watt/TJ Watt/ Bosa Brothers motor?? He has been compared to Nick and Joey by one draft expert

3 Likes

I’m a big Hutch fan but not at #1 overall. Hutch & Hamilton are your trade down targets as I think both will be as good as Thibodeaux (better IMO).

3 Likes

Evan Brown may give Big V a run for his money after Rags is back next year. Brown has been solid and much more mobile than Big V.

I am in the Derek Stingley Jr camp. I think he is a shut down CB. That’s harder to find than pass rushers…unless you’re Von Miller in his prime.

Stingley just seems he will make more of an impact than KT or Hutch. And Hutch…I like more than KT. Stingley as a freshman…already displayed outstanding awareness…technique…and ball skills. Some Lions fans may not like it because Okudah was just selected, but Stingley is a DUDE.

I think we can find some edge players later. Very hard to find a TOP FLIGHT CB though.

I’d bring back Tracy Walker…and look at a safety like Dax Hill late in round 1.

If McNiel and Levi have a good offseason and live up to expectations, with Romeo and Julian, we should be ok.

This is again a matter of preference for good cover guys over pass rushers or vice versa.

1 Like

Evan Brown went from a “who?” to a surprise in a heartbeat when he finally got to play. I think Ragnow is better suited to move to guard than Brown if V gets released.

1 Like

Where are we taking hutch? At 1 overall? That would be a reach. Perhaps as a trade down. I like Hutch, but I don’t like him enough to say he is a cornerstone changer for this rebuild. In a trade down Kyle Hamilton would be the better pick. If we stayed at 1 and you want to go DE it’s Tibs. His work ethic is a concern but he is a baller and worthy of the top pick especially given the weakness of this draft at qb. I wish will Anderson could come out now. He would be the consensus number 1 in this coming draft.

2 Likes

Thibs doesn’t have the production for me at # 1 he seems alot of hype that don’t translate to production on the field. Seems to play when he wants. I think I would rather have Hamilton just not at one. And Hutch is ok to but not at one either. The pass rusher I’m hoping for is Michigans other pass rusher David Ojabo. Maybe with the Rams pick.

6 Likes

Watch the games over. Ojabo is a college pass rusher. He’s just a blitz machine.

Bitch is doubled at the point of attack and straight beats his guy or guys. Based on play call, zona o is often unblocked. It’s a frank clark speed or bull rush, that’s it. Not that I wouldn’t take that, but he’s not hutch.

Allen? Watt? Bosa? Devries?

He’s more athletic than Joey bosa. He’s bigger than Nick. Basically is a an athlete or try hard white guy? Add in Tj Watt, Kerrigan, etc

I’d say Myles Garret, Julius Peppers, Joey Bosa, and maybe Mario Williams might be the only DE prospects I believe are better in 20 years.

2 Likes

He was as a freshman. If someone gets '19 Stingley then total home run. But it’s been a bit since he’s been dominant. And the injury.

Kyle Hamilton after a move down is my preference. But I’m open minded. We should be able to get a good edge and safety prospect out of our first four picks. I do hope we do that unless a free agent solution is found prior.

2 Likes

I’m a HUGE Hutchinson fan, I just don’t know if I’d do it first overall. Trade down? Absolutely!!! He’s a complete DE.

I firmly believe he will blow up the combine with his numbers. He’s a legit 6’6, he’ll weigh 265 or 270, he’ll have a great bench and broad jump. My 40 guess will be low to mid 4.6. He’s legit. I think I just talked myself into taking him 1st overall :thinking: screw it :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Yup. He’s a 8-14 sack guy who works his ass off, is a leader of men, and not not plays the run, but diagnoses it. He’s in position on WR screens that DEs rarely are.

That mental capacity will translate to the next lev every bit as much as what should be elite measurables.

Nobody has a clue if Thibz will measure, run, lift or jump as well as hutch. His on field tape this year is nowhere near as good.

If their numbers were switched would there even be a discussion?

5 Likes

Hutch even looks like he could gain some LBs by adding some muscle on as well too.

Thibs actually has more defined muscle. If Hutch got more rocked.up…he will.be a very good.pro.

I still favor Stingley though haha

Basically the year that there is no clear #1OA, the Lions are stuck with hoping they take the best DE available…sounds about right…especially when they actually could use a hot, new, NFL ready QB for their future more than anything…sound about right again.

2 Likes

I havent watched much of Hamilton but I do see he ha highly ranked by media outlets.

I will have to take a look. I just feel a guy that can erase an opposing teams number 1 WR is of utmost importance. Or at least hang with them.

disappointing for me too, man. Feels like there is no clear pick worthy of it.
Just like our 3rd Okudah’s year. Nobody appears to be worthy.

2 Likes

Hutchinson’s lack of athleticism is alarming for a number 1 overall pick. I just think Stingley and Hamilton are the clear better players. And the Lions need to take the best overall players.

Lack of athleticism, nevermind not worth the outrage

3 Likes

Has the opinion on Hutchinson changed after the OSU game? Went up against a really good tackle and showed out. I am no scout so just wondering… and it will be interesting to see how the media boards all rank players after the combine, etc…

Well, how do you slot KT and AH against Chase Young?

I think Hutchinson as a 1oa is fine and can fill that OLB position for us, add a safety and another ILB and watch the growth happen. Offense is a whole other issue this offseason

1 Like