Hutch @ 1OA

The real Chase Young so far in the NFL…or the possibility of who he might become?

1 Like

Definitely that one… the one we thought he would be (except for those of us who preferred Okudah to begin with).

I’m just the wrong guy to ask, bro. Most of you cats watch more NCAA than I do. I truthfully haven’t see much of young either. I use my eyes and ears more than my mouth, when you guys are talking draft. You are MY resource. :wink:
Appreciate you wanting my opinion, but I’m definitely the learner in this case.

Just from what I know, I feel Chase may be the best of the 3, but I admit I’m pretty clueless

1 Like

I just dont see a first overall pick in this video…

I see a player that is on the Trey Hendrickson level…

A good player…not great.

I am going to rewatch OSU game too.

I dont see elite explosiveness. I dont see great change of direction. I don’t see great speed to power. Its ok…but not enough for the NFL. I see a gritty player that wins with motor and toughness.

Penn State OT actually did a nice job on Hutchinson

1 Like

I have my issues with Chase. However, he uplifts the humans around him. Is that enough for you to know…and like him? :wink:

1 Like

Well, as Wes alluded to, as a PROSPECT he very well might be higher. What we’ve seen in the league, though, we’re definitely going to be expecting more from whomever we pick.

2 Likes

We would be throwing TVs against the wall the cursing the GMs name. :rofl:

2 Likes

The numbers suggest that he is a pretty good athlete was my only point. When you look at the metrics like 40 time, short shuttle, 3 cone, and his splits they are pretty impressive at his size. Do I think there are better athletes? Sure, but not sure that lack of adequate athleticism is a fair point of contention

Just to be clear…we don’t have a single metric on him until he gets to the combine. There is a reason why the 2021 draft class will go down as the fastest in history.

2 Likes

We do just not unbiased metrics so fair enough they could be inflated and likely are to a degree

Aidan is supposedly is gonna test really well…according to Bruce Feldmans “freak list”…but it’s all speculation. However…some guys test well but it doesnt necessarily translate to the field. Aidan doesnt really display great athleticism on film in my opinion.

Stingley and Hamilton are the better players to me…and i hope the Lions better not fudge up another top pick.

If taking a corner or safety at 1OA is better in your mind than you must really dislike hutchinson and thibs potentials to be an above average rush linebacker

1 Like

100% agree. I am all in onHutch at 1OA.

How does Stingley’s tape look this year, or last?

By what standards did he do a nice job on Hutchinson? He did have 3 sacks and a forced fumble no, saw it on film there and they weren’t coverage sacks.

I’d be happy with Hutch or Thibs. Leaning Hutch though

Barring a trade down that’s the only choice. Unless we want to take another OT. which doesn’t make much sense

2 Likes

Think of how many draft picks we could get out of trading Decker and Sewell!

3 Likes

He has 13 sacks. More than any player in Michigan history in a single season. How is that not translating his athleticism on the field?

2 Likes

Here is all you need to know about Stingley

He is a shutdown CB with fantastic ball skills. He actually looks for the ball and knows when to do it.

You want us to take a corner that didn’t play this year with the first overall pick? I mean that could work out. But it sounds like something that probably isn’t going to happen.

1 Like