Hutch @ 1OA

Well…I feel it is easier to find a good EDGE player versus a shutdown corner or ridiculously athletic safety in this day of football. Combine that with the NFL OL allowing to grab jerseys and hold, and its only called when the ref feels like it?

Yeah…

Also…i dont see Hutchinson as the better player over Stingley or Hamilton. Thibs…still gotta look at more. But In my opinion it is much harder to find top CB and Safety help than it is to generate pressure on the QB.

That is unless we are talking Myles Garrett, Von Miller in prime type guys.

Stingley will have the predraft workouts, etc. To show himself…I believe.

Winovich also has 8.5 sacks one year…how has that translated?

I wasn’t even overly on board the hutchinson band wagon but one what does winovich have to do with him? Two I think he has had an okay career so far as a former 3rd round pick, and 3/4 hutchinson is 3 inches and about 20lbs larger in current expectations. Just seems like a different conversation

Is 8.5 sacks the same as 13 (with the season not even over yet)?

How do Chase and Aiden compare as players, other than wearing a Michigan jersey and being white? They aren’t really that great of a comparison. Chase is about 4 inches shorter, with short arms, and less explosion, and lighter. Hutch had a 6.5 3 cone at the Michigan pro day so expect that sort of number at the combine along with a mid 30s vert and a 4.6ish 40 at 6’5" 265. The guy is a ridiculous athlete, especially for his size.

5 Likes

He could be referring to Chase Young, not Chase Winovich??

I really just look at ability and not stats

Anyone can make a splash play, ya know?

I really dont wanna go round and round…

I think Hutchinson will be a good pro. But I do think there are better players than him in the draft.

Rtk referenced winovich

1 Like

Aidan has 1-3 Games left to further cement and/or improve his draft Stock (Baring Injury)…More sacks? Though that measurement isn’t the Be All & End All…

Hutchinson, IMO, is leading for the 1st overall right now. I think he would have to have a bad combine at this point or Thibs would have to destroy him at the combine. Which is very unlikely. I actually expect Hutchinson to outdo him at the combine. Hutch is an impressive athlete.

3 Likes

But Someone earlier, who shall not be named, appeared to imply Chase Young as the proper comparison between Thibs/Aidan, as a proper measurement yardstick, IMO…I could be wrong. Not worth arguing at this point. Wouldn’t make sense to compare Winovich with Thibs/Aidan at all, IMO.

Chase Young, has a torn ACL, out for the season, as well. He may never reach his potential.He hasn’t done it, so far, in his early career, either…Will he come back as flexible and bendy, as before the injury?..TBD

I was just speaking to why the winovich conversation was being had

Pisses me off that none of the top picks are bald dudes too.

1 Like

I understand. No Harm - No Foul, as Chick would say…lol.

You gotta thing about Bald Dudes, that’s for sure. I go back to Otis Sistrunk (DT - Raiders), as my fav bald dude !!!..lol.

1 Like

There was disappointment expressed about the top of this draft, comparing it to the Okudah draft. If we were picking 2nd and landing Chase Young, we’d all have been thrilled at draft time vs the gnashing of teeth that was seen for having drafted Okudah.

Well, here we are, picking 1st. How do the guys we’re talking here (KT and AH) stack up to who we thought Chase Young was that year?

Thibodeaux is >= Young, isn’t he? Now we’re adding Hutch to the conversation. If there’s 2 premier Edge rushers, then this draft is already better than our Okudah draft.

1 Like

I also think our young CBs have for the most part played pretty well. Especially considering we have zero pass rush

Biggest need: DE

With all due respect…if we are drafting off need…we would be drafting a QB 1oa…right?

I dont know…It just seems to be VERY hard to find a shutdown CB with great ball skills like that of Stingley… or freak Safety these days. And all teams want one.

I really think we need to just take the BPA.

Yes, but when picking 1OA, you hope for a QB, for the most part…especially if you are a QB needy team. No Manning, no Herbert, no Josh Allen…DAMN IT!

It’s one thing to get a badass DL at 3, it’s quite another if you are picking 1OA. For #1, I’d hope for something like Suh.

1 Like

The Lions just took a DB with 3OA didn’t they?

Let’s just let things play out a bit longer please.