Hypothetical: trade this year and next 1st for…?

What player in this draft would you be ok trading our first and next years first for? Perhaps a edge or a cb? Dallas turner? One of the top cbs?

Too much? Its something out of the rams dna so i could see holmes doing it.

Yup → I think so, but if brother holmes goes that direction, I’ll support it.

2 Likes

MH3, Nabers, Odunze, Caleb. Maybe Bowers (HIGHLY unlikely).

I think it would be a for a sure fire all pro on his first contract. Like Sauce.

1 Like

download (1) (31)

3 Likes

I don’t know about that. The Villain outdrafted his 1st round with his 2nd round last year IMO. It would have to be one of the WRs. No way for me on a QB. I’m good with Hooker (TWSS).

2 Likes

Just trade pick #29 for Pat Surtain so they can get Bo Nix

7 Likes

I do not see a player in the first round worth moving up for. The edges are not that good, CB is deep and the Lions can get a goid player without trading up, and OL is a mix of both. In either case I see the Lions trading back more likely then moving up.

4 Likes

I would move up for Cooper DeJean.

As Dan said, we have entered new territory. We have brought in the kind of players we want to the point that it now becomes an expectation. We need to “feed the beast.” If we do not, it could all come crashing down. The human body “attacks” stuff that is different and doesn’t belong. Cooper belongs and is the expectation. Easy choice.

5 Likes

None

1 Like

We would definitely have to throw in next years first and probably more… but im down

Harrison is the only one I’d make that trade for

1 Like

A big fat zero.

I tend to think about things in a more targeted manner sans absolutes, especially when it comes to the draft. Going all in on one guy has it’s alluring aspects to be sure, however I remember Ricky Williams. I remember KiJana Carter, I remember Ryan Leaf. The list is endless and varied. Head issues, injuries, bad luck, etc. I’m just very cautious about putting your eggs in one basket.

The draft isn’t a total crapshoot, but it’s in kissing cousin range of being so. If I’m spending next years pick, it’s going to be for a proven winner, someone who has already passed the trial by fire and solves a glaring Achilles heel of the team in one stroke with a minimum three years of team control.

Next, I have to have a willing partner. Someone willing to part with a gem for a mediocre return, and is safe enough in their job to sell the ownership and the fans that everything will turn out eventually. That narrows the choices to a new GM or an imbecile with a massive ego. :thinking:

Perhaps, perhaps, one might approach the Patriots about Christian Gonzalez. The Patriots are devoid of talent in so many areas, and one corner, however talented, is unlikely to make a substantial difference for the next couple years. Gonzalez was quite effective prior to suffering a torn labrum in week four. Being that the Lions passed twice on Gonzalez last year, once on a trade down, and once to select Gibbs, it’s questionable how much interest is actually there. Gonzalez would, nonetheless, be a tempting idea. Worth picking up the phone if nothing else.

1 Like

No game wrecker edge or DT. No Sauce or Revis Island. Dont need a QB, and probably not any guy I’d ditch the beans for anyways. Dont need a 1 WR and have a 2 that should break through.

Nobody man. Now, I’ll trade 1.32 in 25 and 1.32 in 26 to move up and take a replacement for Ragnow…

3 Likes

Marvin Harrison.

1 Like

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

2 Likes

Nobody.

A Jared Goff injury has this team drafting top 5 or 10 next year, so I’m not in favor of getting rid of future picks.

I think our roster is so good, we’re a borderline playoff team even with a turd back there

with Goff AND a good backup… we should be good.

*Also loved hearing Goff talk about how much he admired Ben Johnson for sticking around for less money…he values that and is likely to do the same, in order to be surrounded by superior talent, especially across the OL.

1 Like