I’m starting to think new HC should be

people are going to the extreme in this loss. Patricia couldn’t know that Decker was going to block about as affectively as an open door . I’m ticked that once we had a commanding lead, the coaching staff decided to relax AGAIN like the game was already won
only to let our opponents come back. NOW we have seen this BS many times before so WHY this still goes on? that is what REALLY ticks me off . Decker is a very close second !
I am no freaking out calling for heads yet OR thinking new HC either, there is many games ahead.

2 Likes

The players were playing their asses off. The coaches blew it!
I’m not calling for anyone to get fired yet, but, yesterday pissed me all the way off!
They’re not going to deflect and get away with it.
Yesterday was one big, massive, “Awe shit”!

Not even close - sounds like you are the one throwing stuff against a wall .

Ok fine. Ownership is great. Do we have to wait till next year (year 63) to see the results? Or does the rebuild take 75 years? This is the problem with the Lions and their fan base. We accept failure and excuse failure all the time. 1 meaningful win in 62 years, but its not the coach, GM or owners fault. Just bad luck. Oh wait, it was Jim Bob Cooter’s fault, right? The same guy that “resurrected Stafford’s career”, became the biggest scapegoat when the team took a dump last year. Not the owner. Not the GM. Not the head coach. Not the QB. It was the offensive coordinator. Lol.

What incentive does the ownership have to win, when the fans are their biggest apologists? This fanbase always over rates it’s own personnel. “Martha is doing a good job”, “Quinn has rebuilt the roster”, “Stafford is a franchise QB”, yet we’ve won zero big games, just finished 6-10 (with the help of goalpost) and just tied with the 2018 doormat of the NFL, who started a midget rookie in his first ever game, has the worst offensive line and was missing their secondary.

That’s a straw man argument- I never said ownership ia great or I think BQ is great
I said ownership is not garbage not even close . It doesn’t have to be an absolute. If you said somthing more reasonable like Martha had a decent plan and it didn’t pan out or I feel like x would do a better job that would sound better to my ears . I chimed in because you said the Fords are garbage .

1 Like

And like clockwork, here comes this boring response.

Well, I stand by that. The Ford’s are garbage when it comes to running the Lions. The proof is in the pudding. Every hire was bad. How do you get 1 real win in 62 years and not be considered garbage? The one era where the team was sort of competitive was a result of being awful and having a once in a millennium RB fall in your lap because Green Bay drafted Mandarich instead of Barry. Barry kept the team basically .500 during his career and that was the pinnacle of the Ford’s ownership.

60+ years. Not 1 good GM. Not 1 head coach with a winning record (Ok Moeller was 4-3). Not 1 head coach went on to ever become a head coach in the NFL again. Sounds like hot, juicy garbage to me. I’d like someone to tell me something the owners actually did right.

I do think WCF was a little complacent about fielding a losing team. But Martha seems to have been fairly proactive in trying to make positive change. Plus she allowed actual cheerleaders back.

I wouldn’t pin this blame on her. I don’t see what a change in ownership would do other than probably lose us the thanksgiving game

1 Like

That might be a good point on Thanksgiving…I wouldn’t like that

I’d sacrifice cheerleaders and the Thanksgiving game, for a semi-respectable product. Nothing defines apathy quite like holding on to a holiday tradition of getting ass-packed on national TV after you are already eliminated from playoff contention, which causes turkey and gravy to be up chucked all over the dinner table. Great times.

We’ve won 4 out of our last 5 Thankgiving games with a combined score of 158 to 84.

This can’t be true, they lost the last 2 T-day games.

This is how I feel too. I think Martha is doing her best.

WCF was terrible. When they renewed Millen’s contract I was beyond done with him as an owner. I think they are good people, and treat players well, etc, but as far as winning goes, WCF did not care. The Lions were his play toy and something to do on Sunday afternoons.

We don’t have enough of a body of evidence to judge our new owner though.

1 Like

I think we have plenty to grade her on. She hired a rookie president and GM. She then allowed the GM to hire a rookie coach. She also extended the GM after he accomplished zero. Very similar to WCF.

Also, a little tidbit, the Lions are the 2nd least valuable NFL team. Only the Bills are worth less. Just another fact that shows how “good” of a job she’s done.

She’s owned the team for like 5 or 6 years, I believe, so she’s not a “new owner” by any means. It’s not like she came in and bought the team either. Her husband was ailing for a long time and the team was going to her when he passed. It’s not like she was blindsided. It was a long standing succession plan that was set up YEARS in advance. So many excuses with this fan base.

Sorry, we’ve only won 4 out of the last 6. Feel better?

So we are going to say Martha is dumb for hiring people with the same qualifications as many other teams are hiring? But they are “smart” when they do it, but she’s dumb when she does the same damn thing? Is that really your argument?

Mike Leach wouldn’t be boring, Wes.

If we were to hire him maybe our mascot could change to a dark closet with Craig James’ kid locked inside of it.

Strawyest of all Strawman arguments there. I’ve told you, other teams can do whatever they want because they have actually accomplished things in this league. If they want to take chances, let them. What they do seems to work for the most part, because they have competent owners with direction and goals. Their owners give a shit about winning and not just ripping off the fans while employing cheap horrible GMs and coaches for 6 straight decades.

The Lions haven’t achieved a single thing in over 25 years. They’ve been rebuilding for most of 60 years and are still awful to this very moment, yet you make excuses for them. She’s a terrible owner who hasn’t brought anything here. She made a seamless transition from her idiot husband and continued the futility right up to this day. Things like what happened on the field late Sunday are a reflection of their ownership. The term SOL is directly connected to that disconnected family because things like what happened Sunday were not at all surprising to the fan base. There’s never been any accountability. She actually gave Quinn an extension after accomplishing zero and his early draft picks are looking worse every day.

How about we judge her on the success of the franchise she owns. Zero success. 31st most valuable. Team trending downward. Coaching staff looks clueless. GM looks in over his head. Just collapsed against the worst team in the NFL and a team with a rookie coach and QB.

First, I think we’re having this discussion way too early. Wait until the season is over, or at least until we know the Lions cannot even reach .500, then we can talk about the next HC and maybe the next GM. If Patricia can get this team to 8-7-1 or better then I think he should get another year.

Second, what happened under WCF is over. I don’t see the franchise under Martha as the SOL, the culture and attitude are quite different from the old days. I don’t get the sense of players going through the motions, for one thing if you do that then you’re costing yourself big money when your current contract is up.

Third, the 1st 6 games on the Lions schedule are brutal, although the Arizona game should have been a win. I doubt the other teams in the North will lose to the Cards, so the Lions are going to have to make it up with an unexpected win to counter the unexpected loss. Possible? Yes. Will they do it? At this stage, watching our OTs get beat handily, it’s tough to be optimistic about it. But this is where coaches earn their money, they’ve gotta figure out someway to avoid the sacks and forced fumbles and give Stafford the time to get the ball away. AND, Stafford has to have the pocket presence to get the ball away before he gets hit. And on top of that, they’ve gotta get the running game un-tracked. A piece of cake, right?

With all do respect, I think Miami is hands down the worst team in the League😁