I predict 7 plus wins in 2021

It’s not pointless to ask where 7 wins come from on our schedule. That’s not pointless at all.

I asked you where the 7 wins come from, and you listed the teams which you think we’re better than. Now, how many of those teams do we play, and are there 7 wins there?

I’ve been shouting into the void for a while about Kalif Raymond who I see as someone who can add significantly to the WR room with a protected Goff hitting him deep and on slants like Tannehill did for the Titans. This is his year. So I say…

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

@Lyonfan1 is claiming that Stafford actually isn’t that much better than Goff because the last offer we would’ve taken was Stafford and a 2 for a 1, which he has no clue if that was an actual offer or not.

@Lyonfan1 if you have any kind of link to that offer, I’d love to see it.

And also, you do realize that when teams get multiple trade offers for a player, it doesn’t mean the player is worth the worst offer, he’s worth the best offer?

I have absolutely no idea how you have that line of thinking.

1 Like

Goff has had more success than Stafford in the NFL.
More Pro Bowls, division titles, playoff wins, SB appearance.
You can’t argue that.
You may think Stafford is better than Goff, but he hasn’t had as much success.

So by those measures, Cam Newton, Jimmy Garoppolo, Nick Foles, Alex Smith, and Joe Flacco are all better than Stafford.

Now ask yourself. Are they better than Stafford?

So much better, that the other team would give us 2 1st round picks to give us a better player like that?

Goff played on better teams, with better coaching. We all know that…it’s really a weak point.

Here is the beauty of this debate. The dudes just switched places…let’s see what happens.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

You are super hung up by McVay’s desire to rid himself of Stafford.
But yeah…those guys have all had more success than Stafford in the NFL.

And I said successful…not better.
Please read my post again.

And here comes the excuses.
I will bet every thing I own that Matt Stafford and the Rams will not be playing in the SB
Peace out.
See you in September.

1 Like

Listen, I know it must suck that facts don’t fit your narrative sometimes and you really just want to be able to say whatever you want without considering the actual facts, but facts do matter and they aren’t excuses.

Like I said, you are fun. :wink:

I think it is sad that people do not understand what facts are.
The facts are that Stafford has never won a playoff game, is 16 games under .500 in his career, never won a division title, and has made 1 Pro Bowl in 12 years.
THOSE ARE FACTS.
The excuses that you keep throwing out there are opinions.
Please learn the difference.

Don’t you think we should wait for the schedule release.

For instance. Let’s say we go to soldier field early. If so I think a sweep is possible. Let’s say we get the 49ers at home early with Lance as a starter and he’s still working out the kinks.

Also, how is our run defense going to be bc if we can defend the run well I think all of those AFC N games can be battles. None of those passing games terrify me.

So it’s my opinion that Sean McVay is a better Head Coach than Matt Patricia, Jim Caldwell, and Jim Schwartz? It’s my opinion that the rams defense (ranked number 1) last year was better than the lion’s defense (ranked 32)?

Since 2017 when McVay took over as the ram’s head coach Goff has had:

The 11th ranked run game
The 12th ranked defense.

At that same time Matthew Stafford has had:

The 23rd ranked run game.
The 23rd ranked defense.

Everything you said about Goff’s accomplishments and the Ram team’s success is a fact. But so is what I said. Stafford has played on much worse teams than Goff. It isn’t an excuse. You are heaping Ram’s success of the division titles and the super bowl appearances on Goff’s shoulders when it is a team accomplishment. I like Goff and hope he can be the future but stop with this narrative about Stafford. Pro Bowls are not always a good indicator of a player’s prowess. Look no further than the 2011 season when Stafford threw for 5k 40 plus TDS and lead the Lions to their first 10 win season in years and the playoffs. It is disingenuous to act like playing for McVay and the Rams haven’t had a positive impact on Goff as much as playing for the Lions has had a negative one for Stafford. It is all going to be put to rest this year because they switched positions. Stafford will get those pro bowls and division titles that you mentioned. Then there won’t be anything to argue about… :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Goff’s coaches, Stafford’s coaches, and NFL evaluators share my opinion.

Yes, I may think that…and I do

Goff played in better teams because the QB wasn’t a choke artist.

Ohhhh. That’s what happened. :wink:
Cuz you said so, right? “Facts”
Choke artist with most come from behinds in NFL - gotcha

Why not use 2018 when Goff had 20th D and Stafford 16th?

Amazingly Goff and his 20th ranked D went to SB, and Stafford and his 16th?

Is it possible he’s the worst QB in NFL history?

I mean which other QB held a team captive for 12 years with literally no hope of winning?

I would argue that Zach Wilson is now in that seat for the Jets… I wonder if they will let him go 6-11 for 12 years with no playoff wins… a bad organization who sucks in the draft. They probably will spend resources to support Wilson but will it work?

Choke artist with most come from behind attempts by far!

1 Like

Stafford was clearly his best in the 4th quarter when a herculean effort was required. Was he a choke artist early in games? Did he struggle early and if so why? Did the lions try to run early and when that didn’t work they fell behind and he had to pass to come back?

For what it’s worth. Goff played in a ton of shootouts in college and quite a few in 2017-2018 and he was good in those for sure. He was never the reason to my recollection that either the Cal Bears or Rams lost.
Even last year Goff was not playing well against the Bills in the 1st half down 26 points and the Rams came roaring back behind Goff and it was a bogus PI call that allowed the Bills to win.

2 Likes

Yup. Pretty sure I said SINCE 2017. So 2018’s numbers were included. You really want to do this? I have that info right here.

Goff had the number 2 offense, number 5 passing game and the number 3 run game. Where have I said Goff is a bum? Where have I said I don’t want Goff as my qb. Simply saying he played on BETTER TEAMS. Stafford sucked in 2018. I suppose talking about the philosophy change under MP is a cop out so better not bring that up.

Do we want to talk about the 2017 Lions offense? Ya know the one that was 7th overall, 6th in passing, 32nd in rushing and 21st in defense?

2019 if you are going only on numbers was a good year for Goff but everyone talks like he sucked:

offense 11
passing 4
Rushing 26
Defense 17

1 Like