I really thought meaningful football

I really thought meaningful football in January would make this year’s pre-draft process a little easier to deal with.

Nope.

Too dang far away.

7 Likes

Then, they schedule it for the weekend of the Trout, Walleye opening.
Brilliant.
Let’s see, sit on my couch after a long Michigan winter, or go spend time in nature with a shot at some of the tastiest food on the planet?

6 Likes

So I am not the only one who has a countdown app on his phone Lock Screen? I am already planning 2024 draft. Me and a bunch of the boys are coming in for 3-4 days…see family, stay at the MGM, drink, be in Detroit, go eat Detroit food, shoot some guns at the range…I am already counting down to THAT. :joy:

2 Likes

Its the “believe nothing you hear” time of year.

1 Like

Yeah, I love the draft but that is next level. :sob:

@Nate is renting the Greektown penthouse suite. Everyone get the BNL jerseys for 24, get your username on back, flood the draft venue w Denizens!
New Orleans Fans GIF by Detroit Lions

OR

We all spend 23 making Roary costumes and hit the draft as Roary Army!

French Help GIF by Rocket Mortgage

3 Likes

I am showing up. My boy has the hook up at MGM. I share this because I can’t believe it, its bonkers to me, but he gets a 40% discount because he spent 2 million there last year…

I am wondering why I have been paying for lunch when we go out to eat…
Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

3 Likes

we need an investor.

Yeah, where is a bitcoin millionaire when you need one.

2 Likes

Why go to the range, you’re in Detroit.

5 Likes

For the first time in a long time maybe ever I’m ready for the season to start before the draft.

2 Likes

Well, one of my buddies, who is nuts, keeps saying “we are getting ■■■■■■ up and going to jail on this trip”

and I am like, ya let’s not…

1 Like

the hangover GIF

4 Likes

this is LITERALLY what he is envisioning…this is the buddy where everyone else in the group is asking each other “who is drawing the short stick and sharing a room with him???” or “do we just tell him to he is getting his own room by himself?” We are encouraging the “dude, you should totally get a king suite for yourself!”

2 Likes

I mean where else is he going to keep the Tiger he steals from Tyson!?

2 Likes

I can’t believe they didn’t consider that when scheduling. There’s also a corporate tax seminar that weekend and a pie bake-off. Let’s petition to move the draft date.

2 Likes

You’ve obviously never been on a trout stream on opening day.
It’s a little bigger than a pie cook off.
To get an idea, drive through Omer (US23, east of Standish) next weekend…and that’s Suckerfest. Suckers are next to useless.

1 Like

Haha. Looking forward to seeing you there too man

1 Like

I’ve tried embedding one in the past and failed.

1 Like