I would be fine if the Lions don't win a Superbowl

I mean, my statement is only partially true. The reason I’m saying this is because football isn’t going anywhere, and for the first time (in my 30 years of watching the Lions) I am so happy with this team. Them being legitimately competitive is what makes me happy. I would never exchange long term success to a 1 year only SB. Only one team can win, and how many have? Like, if the Lions lose in a wild card game next season, I’d be okay. Knowing that every year they bring fun, exciting, competitive football, compete for a division titles, and compete for a SB.

2 Likes

“You serious, Clark?”

1 Like

Are you also a fan of the Washington Generals?

1 Like

forget that, I want to see them win one…wouldn’t care if they never win one again as long as they got one.

1 Like

The point isn’t to just be competitive. The point is to win it all. Plenty of fanbases are frustrated because they’re competitive year in and year out and don’t win it all. Ask Bills fans if they’re content.

3 Likes

We deserve to be a dynasty for the next 10-15 years

4 Likes

I used to say I would be happy for them to just be good and make the playoffs now and again.

But after last season, give me Super Bowl Championship or bust. That was an awesome ride. Not to mention I hate myself for feeling like I get to eat at the adult table. Like I was less than before but now I am in the cool guy club. There is a different vibe and energy when you are good and winning Divisions. It is more than a respect thing.

I want to see the Lions win it all. My dad saw it with Bobby Layne. I would also very much like to see it. I have seen the Wings, Pistons and Tigers all win. But nothing would be like the Lions bringing one home.

2 Likes

Agree 100%
I always figured the town would go bezerk if the Lions ever won it all and that was confirmed just watching the two playoff games in Detroit.

Then the away game take overs by Lion’s fans, I was at the Tampa game, was so much fun to watch/be part of.

1 Like

Love you, man…but still wish you’d stop smoking crack.
Lions will win at least one playoff game for the next 15 years, more often than not in the NFCCC game…& sometimes in the super bowl.

1 Like

I feel this is an equally crack-pipe statement.

The Lions are here to stay, my brothers.

I somewhat agree with the OP.

Let’s say the two options were:

1:) win the Super Bowl next year but then go another 30 years without a playoff win

2:) win 25 playoff games over the next 30 years but never win a SB

Give me the second. I want a good entertainment product more than anything. I’ve seen my teams win titles seven times. I care about those titles for one night.

2 Likes

What is the use of competing if it isn’t to be the champion?

This season and the second half of last season have been super fun to watch, but getting a Super Bowl win is the ultimate goal, we have to get one first before getting complacent.

2 Likes

I would take the second also…but my prediction is more than one playoff win/year on average, with a few…possibly a handful of SB appearances. 3 with 2 wins? 5 with 2 wins? 5 with 3? 7 with 4, anyone?

1 Like

As long as everybody has fun, that’s the real “championship”

Rainbow Magic GIF by alimacdoodle

1 Like

A ninja would never say shit like this, Catholic or not.

I’m taking the first. Not even a question for me. Different strokes for different folks.
Coming in first is everything. Coming in second through 32nd sucks.

But both scenarios aren’t great. To me, its comparing 1-29 to 0-30.
I’m with @BigNatty … give me something like 8-22 instead.

3 Likes

I’d take the Super bowl win

It’s like getting laid. Would you rather have sex with 20 women and never climax or one woman and nut so hard you’re asleep before you can roll off?

2 Likes

Play To Win New York Jets GIF

Call me crazy all you want… I’ll take the super bowl championship next year. And not just for me. For all the long time Lions fans who don’t have many years left…like my father who is 83. Get the dude a super bowl.

To go another 30 years without winning one would be serious pain IMO. Like being a Bills fan. Win a ton of playoff games but never win the super bowl… ouch.

1 Like