I would be fine if the Lions don't win a Superbowl

Contrarian take incoming:

Maybe a continued Super Bowl drought will get your pops into triple figures :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m hoping he makes next season brother. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Winning a playoff game or two is SOL expectation. Winning a Superbowl or three is/should be BNL expectation.

5 Likes

Superbowl win, no brainer for me. Most diehard fans, I’d think, would carry those Superbowl memories for life not just for one night.

I don’t think the memory of almost winning one a bunch of times would carry a fond memory. You think Niners fans would trade a SB win for a bunch of years of almost but not quite?

2 Likes

49ers fans don’t know our pain. Sure they’ve been down a bit but when you’re talking three decades of ineptitude it’s basically us and the Browns in recent history.

And in the interest of transparency I’ve got a perpetual meh thing going when it comes to success. Failure I’ll light myself up for endlessly.

So the issue may be with me :man_shrugging:

A classic.

Agree. Would rather have a Super Bowl win to make all the years of suffering worthwhile.

1 Like

Everybody is different of course so there is no right or wrong answer but if the Lions won a Superbowl, the joy of it would last a lot more than one day for me.
After the initial rush of excitement you move on with your life but that’s a memory that will last a lifetime. I don’t think a bunch of good seasons that never ended up with your team winning the ultimate prize would hold near the same feeling IMO.

2 Likes

For me the biggest heartache in losing the CCG was simply having our magical season be one game shorter than I had hoped.

Sounds accurate to me…:joy: just teasing bud.

1 Like

Love ya @CatholicNinja, but the name to me is like Jumbo Shrimp or maybe Fake Reality. The two words were never meant to be next to one another, LOL.

Guilty as charged

Same difference.

Maybe he’ll show some positive regression this year with his pretty ugly draft takes. How bittersweet.

What an absolute loser mentality. Gross. You sound like a lifelong domestic abuse victim.

I just want a Super Bowl so I can finally cross off the last item on my Michigan sports check list.

In my lifetime:

Red wings 4 cup wins 2 cup losses

Tigers 1 World Series win 2 series losses

Pistons 3 championship wins 1 loss

Wolverines 2 national championships

Lions 3 playoff wins….need a championship here people!

I’m enjoying the journey. I’ve enjoyed it since Shelia and her crew took over. Has it been perfect? Nope. But I’ve enjoyed it nonetheless. Lots of great things to come…especially since I feel like we are just at the beginning of this journey.

1 Like

word
big natty lions expectations

good thing it isn’t an either/or scenario…We’re gonna go to a handful & win half of them. I’m a little surprised that so many doubt that…even to the extent that they project the opinion that only a negative opinion could possibly be a “realistic” one.

So wounded by the past - ouch!