If stuck at 6 Wilson or Murphy if both are there?

I know Atkins and Jarrett both have 32 inch arms which is why I wasn’t as worried about that with Karl Brooks. I believe Javon Hargrave has 32 inch arms as well.

There was a list in the combine thread of every DT with arms his length or shorter and it was a very ugly list. I didn’t recognize a single name.

1 Like

Zerlein says John Randle
whoa

Yeah I mean I hope we’re not the ones drafting him in the first round. Still think he’s an end of day 2 pick for me despite the obvious athleticism.

1 Like

Here’s the list:

big t rex GIF

Well, honestly I could see a scenario where Romeo comes back and starts opposite Hutch a great majority of the time. Because he’s solid against the run and has put up double digit sacks. Capital IF he comes back to 2021 form.

I just see higher ceiling in the top 3 EDGE rushers this year, so if I do take one of those guys, it’s an easy 1 for 1 for me with Romeo. Maybe not immediately, but by seasons end you expect snap to snap the guy you put that top 5 investment in, is a more dynamic player.

I see you man! Always like to hear guys put out there a QB they think are worthy of dropping a high first rounder on. I’m like this. If it’s me, I’m going balls out right now. With my thought process, I’m bringing in a couple impact FA’s if I can and I know it’s expensive as heck. Just do it and install an elite player at ONE position so you can deploy draft assets “more” based on talent and less based on a hole. Ramsey for me is a good example. Go get that guy, then at 18 maybe you don’t have to take that 4th best outside CB. You take Branch and put THAT guy as your new Will Harris role because you’ve got a top flight CB on the top WR outside.

But IF, we are not going to invest in a bit more splurging to increase the pace of making this a championship team, THEN heck, why NOT QB? If you actually are open to that, then personally I think Young/Stroud/Levis are worth 6OA.

1 Like

But somebodies going to take him. I think a team like ours sandwiched between say Hutch and McNeil, with Houston shading wide. Man, I’m not worried about short arms. He is going to out quick one to one matchups and also play a lot of cleanup turning would be 8 yard runs, into 4 yard runs. I like his change of direction and explosion. I like that he was coached by Pat Narduzzi. I remember when folks out there were worried about a certain UM EDGE guy with short arms. The guy with super long levers went 1OA. What happens in a redraft? Juuuust sayin…

2 Likes

I’d probably vote for neither.

1 Like

Good luck getting in a 3 point stance!!

Ramsey might be too steep a bill to pay Between what they want and what he wants in a new deal, but I wouldn’t mind Dean. I might consider go get devante David or edmunds MLB….I like branch a lot at 18. I honestly think young goes to the Texans…….Levis reminds me of Paxton lynch…….but if I’m wrong I’ll be happily wrong.

2 Likes

What do the Rams want? I haven’t seen any reporting on that.

1 Like

Agree with all of this

2 Likes

Wilson or Van Ness

Van ness at 6? White would be a better option….you love van ness alright.

1 Like

Rumored to be the 6OA, Vikings 2nd rd’er and a conditional next year. And Ramsey wants a new deal fully guaranteed 75 million dollars. And he is known to demand a new deal or threaten to hold out a year or two into new deals……so the real fear could be they sign him and a year from now or so or two he demands more and holds out or makes life insufferable.

Plus there is a rumor that they aren’t wanting to reward a player outside their culture w a big time deal before they start rewarding their guys. Someone like Ramsey could make it about himself.

2 Likes

Rumored by who?

They’re not getting anywhere close to that.

3 Likes

I do…. He will have 7 sacks as a rookie

People in LA, People in Detroit. Rap sheet just said he WILL get traded before FA and it will be for at least a first.