If stuck at 6 Wilson or Murphy if both are there?

I like Van Ness better than White, by a fair margin…

Wilson
Van Ness
Adebawore
White

I do like all of them though.

Hard pass, that’s way too much IMO

1 Like

At least a first? Maybe. I’ll be beyond shocked if they get a top ten pick.

I wouldn’t pay #18 and his new deal wants

2 Likes

The rumor was also coming from a place where they weren’t necessarily aggressively trying to get rid of him, they are fine going into 2023 w him. So they are demanding the moon and kinda sticking w it apparently. I would hope we don’t do it at that price.

Can confirm they want at minimum 6, plus other draft capital. Sorry that is too much. Plus the new contract, yeah will pass

Do you carpool with Les Snead or something?

He’s piping McVay’s wife, he’s got insider info!

4 Likes

I wish, hell i would settle for piping Goffs woman

2 Likes

Settle!? haha you’d be in heaven

2 Likes

The more I read and rewatch games, I think they like playing Alim as the 3T in a rotation and are probably looking for a 1T, they want to control the line of scrimmage. if we can shave 20-30 lbs off Alim, I think he’ll be much more explosive, but still big/versatile enough to take on double teams when necessary. That said I think we can also use another 3T to platoon with Alim, maybe Benton?

2 Likes

I’m hoping they aren’t so sore that we are going to be using what would have been their 6OA pick, and they high ball us to sabotage us. That said, due to the large contract and we did see it with Goff, they didn’t get much in comp. Stafford of course was the comp but anyway. Can’t do 6. Would really hate to do 18. Would I swap 18 for 36? That’s the deal to be had I think. I’m sure the Rams would love to move into that range of player and it gives us a badly needed extra pick, as Ramsey gives you that starter for what 18 would have been. Maybe end up with something like this…

Wilson EDGE
Trade nets Ramsey CB
2a. Forbes CB
2b. Campbell LB
2c. Schmidt RG

2 Likes

I think Wilson will be a top 5 pick. In your scenario Gonzalez or Witherspoon would be our pick. I would not be surprised if Bresee and Kancey were not selected in the first 2 rounds. There is just too much other talent available.

In that scenario, I go Gonzales. Hes competent and tested off the charts at the combine.

1 Like

He sure did didn’t he. I had him at CB1, but was considering him mostly after a slight trade down to gather an extra starting bean. But yeah, he blew it up and looked great in all phases. I’m a big vertical guy. I’m a believer in what elite explosion tells me about these athletes. When you are tall, long and can jump over 40 inches, well you can cover a lot of area at the catch point. I still think we can trade down a little and still get him as other players, QB and EDGE will be rated higher.

I’d be good with Gonzo up there, but I’d still like to get Ramsey. If I get my TD, maybe we could snag Branch who to me is a total BH pick too. That would totally remake our secondary, our weakest defensive link. Ramsey and Gonzo outside, Branch in that Will Harris role as Slot/3rd Safety that can also play outside or deep Safety if necessary. Then Walker and Kirby, with Eliot brought back as a key reserve if he’s willing to do it. Our guys counted on as starters last year move to depth, improving the whole group.

1 Like

You do know that arm length is considered the single most important measurable for defensive linemen for determining success dont you?

Gonzales. at 6

White at 18

Don’t ignore him at 18 he is fast big can move inside or Edge

Most are ignoring him because of Media hype. Keion White 6’ 5’’ 285 lbs 34’’ arm 10 1/8’’ Hand
30 reps weights Vertical Jump 34’’ Broad Jump 9’ 9’’

He is monster on the edge an can move inside at his size Lions will be lucky if he is there at 18.

He will show more at pro day he is very fast for 285 pounds

1 Like

I like White because it looks like he has the frame to carry another 15 or 20 lbs easy. Just watching him this year he plays with good functional strength and balance. I was surprised by his closing speed to make a play. I thought it was all just natural strength but for him to put up 30 reps it means this dude is not afraid of a weight room.

So if you are 5’8 123 with long arms you predict a Pro Bowl career as an NFL Olineman?? I think not.

That’s for DE and OT right? I feel like it doesn’t matter nearly as much inside at Guard or DT