If the Rams earn the No. 2 overall pick, trade down possibilities emerge

The information you present is definitely relevant. I believe the trade that is being spoken of is based on an interview with the owner of Carolina stating he wants a QB and will pay what is necessary to get one. So despite having a new staff, if the owner gets involved, anything is possible.

That said, Anderson or not, if I can drop back 4 spots and get 2 future firsts + 2 - 3rds, I’m all over it. Football is a team sport and those additional picks would certainly help raise the talent level of the team if you hit on them.

2 Likes

We need elite D talent. Not sure I want to trade out of 2…but if it includes a 2nd and a 2024 1st and we still can snag Breese or the #2 DE at 6?

Tough call.

Im still with -Broad Strokes

Outside FA Payne DT and Edmunds ILB (Cap 15m yr 1)
Resign Own FA Brown and Swaggy (cap 8m yr 1)
Anderson 1.2 and Ringo/Porter Jr Rd 1.13
2nd round get us a RB, and a TE
Let Holmes do his magic at S OG, WR and LB depth Rd 3-6.
Filler Depth FAs

Cuts to Harris and Vaitai, no resign on Anzalone and AO., Will Harris, Chark, Bryant and Board

Elliott, Buggs back reasonable depth, Mike Hughes same, Skip, Justin Jackson too. Nelson probably

3 Likes

The Office Superstore GIF by NBC

2 Likes

That trade was for 2023 #2

Detroit receives:

2023 #6 & #88
2024 Carolina 1st & 3rd
2025 Carolina 1st

If we need help on defense that spreads some high quality help out over a couple years.

1 Like

Ill trade down as long as we get their 1st round pick and 3rd this year. Getting next year 1st sets us up for caleb Williams. Trade that 3rd to move up

1 Like

Saw this video from draft guru Glynn Morgan of NBC Sports Chicago, where he suggests, if the Bears hold the #2 overall pick, what the Bears should get in trade from Seattle (to move up two spots) or Detroit (to move up one spot). He has labeled himself a “draft guru” so he knows what he is talking about . . . take it to the bank.

Hell GIF by Steve Harvey TV

4 Likes

While I would Love to get that package there doesn’t seem to be much history of comparable trades for that level of picks for moving down.

Now if they were trading for Russell Wilson on the other hand…

hanna barbera lol GIF

If Carolina is offering that type of package to move up to #2 they could EASILY use that same package to move up to #1. Houston would happily take that package and be a in GREAT position on their rebuild with all the draft capital they already received from the Watson trade.

Especially if during the draft process they fall in love with say Will Levis over Young and CJ.

1 Like

Also a lot will depend on how Campbell finishes out 2022. If we faulted down the final stretch of this season he could very well be on the hot seat going into next season. And with that said would he be in agreement with Brad passing on a stud that would help in 2023 for future draft capital he may not be around to reap the benefits of.

The first one to 13 points might win.

Only one thing to say about that:

2 Likes

To paraphrase what obama said about biden: Don’t underestimate Wilsons ability to f*** things up.

3 Likes

I believe they are basing it on the grand slam the Rams got from Washington.

In 2012, the Washington Commanders traded Nos. 6 and 39 in 2012, a first-round pick in 2013 and another in 2014 to the then-St. Louis Rams to move up to No. 2 and take Baylor QB Robert Griffin III.

3 Likes

Yep. I dunno if NFL GMs saw that as peak pick pocketing, as they haven’t done that since. Tough to match up exact scenarios…

2 Likes

I don’t want to go down to 6 unless I get a fleecing. If we’re going to get one of Anderson or Carter then It’s going to take a lot for me to be excited about moving down. Maybe not RGIII but perhaps like the Eagles Wentz deal. Young, Carter and Anderson and then a decent gap is how I see it.

3 Likes

Agreed, at a minimum I’d be looking for an additional pick this year, (Carolina has a pair of 2nd rounders and a pair of 4th rounders) and a 2024 1st.

2 Likes

:rofl:…self-proclaimed guru must assume that Brad Holmes is clueless

2 Likes

All he needs to do is go back to the last time a team traded up from 3 to 2 to draft a QB, his very own Bears to jump up for Trubisky. They traded the Nos. 3, 67 and 111 picks, as well as a 2018 third-round pick. That’s quite a bit different from what he’s proposing.

2 Likes

Yeah I get that but fans, when much these trades, often times forget that teams trade for very different reasons. That’s why often times it seems that some teams get way too much in a trade and other teams don’t get enough. I thought the Lions fleeced the Browns in 2004 to move down one spot. We all thought the same for the Vikings this past draft. But the Vikings, it seems, just wanted a collection of 2nd and 3rd round picks to draft depth and potential there to add what they felt was already a playoff roster. It’s worked so far for them but it seemed crazy to most of us on this board. Now looking at what that guy from NBC Chicago is mocking I would be absolutely furious if the Lions did that trade. We don’t have the Bills or the Chiefs roster. I do not want them giving up three first round picks and two 2nd round picks to move up one spot. This roster still has a lot of holes

1 Like