If there’s change

I agree that it’s not easy, but turning your frustration on Lions fans for being frustrated with ownership is… I’m sorry, completely absurd. Anybody who still gives enough of a crap about this team to even post about it deserves a friggin medal.

What I’ve seen here, for the most part, is people who were OK with the way the Lions handled the last GM search, OK with Caldwell being let go so the GM could pursue his own vision for building a winner, and deeply, deeply disappointed with the results. As they should be. And this is the place to vent those frustrations.

Ownership may get a pass for the last GM search, but they absolutely don’t get a pass for keeping this regime in place for this year when it was totally obvious they’d failed, nor do they get any benefit of the doubt whatsoever for 60 years of consistently awful decisions.

There are plenty of things to bitch about, not sure why you’re trying to make a case about how inconsistent fans are–again, fans of a team that has given no one any reason to pay attention for decades.

1 Like

FYI - Very few coaches get a second chance right away. But it may shock you that Schwartz had turned down HC interviews with the NYG and the Titans. He did interviewed for ARZ. But he’s decided he’d much rather be a DC for a while and hasn’t been taking interviews.

Yet the ford’s have done what fans have ask for with almost every hire. And lols your playing fans are inocent and have a right to bitch, fans got exactly what they ask for with Patricia and Quinn. Was the grass greener ? Lols
And they also tell others fans that seen what was coming from the beginning they were not true fans and didn’t know football because they didn’t believe. And I think blaming ownership for doing what you ask for is absurd.

Ya know, normally I think you and I look at things here the same way, at least recently, but this is a pretty sad argument. Effectively yelling, “This is what you asked for, losers!” isn’t just wildly inaccurate, it sounds genuinely off-kilter. Like you’re upset and depressed and just lashing out at whoever you can–in this case, the tiny handful of people who still even care about this dumpster fire of a team after 60 years of losing.

All I can say is, don’t let the Lions break you, man! You’ve made it this far, hang in there!*

*EDIT:
Hang in there with your sanity, I mean. I wouldn’t tell you to hang on rooting for or caring about this team, there’s really no objective reason for anyone to do that at all.

1 Like

No rem I agree with you on alot , maybe I’m just not getting my point, I’m not mad at fans. Just think fans get what they ask for then hate it and blames everyone else . Going from caldwell who was winning to Patricia was a really bad move that most fans pounded the drum for. We need to Watch out for what we ask for I guess.

1 Like

We ask for wins! :joy:

They don’t have to cow tow to fans if they know how to win.

1 Like

Lol it is ironic. Maybe even rac… I’m new here so I’ll chill :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

You are right that many of us thought that Caldwell needed to go. I did. It was not because I wanted Patricia who had a .370 win percentage, I wanted a Patricia who had a .630 win percentage. That is what we thought we were getting. Caldwell was a leader of men, but not so good with adjusting game plans, time-outs, etc…in game coaching cost us games. On paper, Patricia, the rocket scientist, should be able to adapt, game-plan, etc. etc. Who knew that he couldn’t lead an addict to his next drug fix.

Now we have a dumpster fire but who knew? But it wasn’t wrong to want a change. Caldwell was not getting us to a SB.

The mistake is now letting this go on for way too long.

5 Likes

I dunno, I think fans want to root for a team that’s worth rooting for. They want to see a team they can get excited about following for deep playoff runs. So by that standard, fans haven’t gotten what they’ve asked for in a very, very, very (very) long time.

We can argue about how the Lions ought to get there, and whether this or that decision is likely to get us closer. But that’s all we can do–hope that eventually somebody figures it out while we’re arguing.

For the record, I’ve had the conversation with multiple people on this board that we really can’t fault the Fords for the way they handled the GM search last time around–it was indeed handled the way many of us have been clamoring for it to be handled for years. Just didn’t work out. That doesn’t mean you forget about all the other reasons the Fords are terrible owners (starting with, for example, the decision to bring them back this season, wasting another year on our rebuild while passing up a shot at legit franchise QBs at the top of the draft).

In all honesty, I think people here are willing to give Sheila a chance. Though her first decision was so bad (not getting rid of Quinntricia last year), she’s already dug herself a pretty big hole IMO.

4 Likes

This should be stickied.

1 Like

what did the Fords do besides spend money !? Sure asf wasn’t get experienced, knowledgeable people IN the front office or to LEAD this team to wins !? OUR staff could not build our LINES correctly , WE were the first team in NFL HISTORY to go 0-16. we’ve had almost 30 HC’s…not one bowl. yeah I can refine the stadium to if I’m a billionaire. otherwise no Ford has done the team favors.

1 Like

We had Keven colbert we just let him go too

How about instead of “doing what we ask for,” they put the right people in place for once? (For twice, actually; they had Kevin Colbert here and stupidly let him walk to build champions in Pittsburgh.)

Why on Earth would you put the responsibility for putting the right people in charge – and getting rid of the wrong people, promptly, to allow for that – on fans?

2 Likes

I’m not trying to put it on fans , just pointing out fans were ok with most of the hires.

1 Like

People say that alot and its just a joke. But I agree with @Tcmouse on this one. People literally didn’t like his face.

1 Like

A face only a momma would love?

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:hammer: it!

1 Like

wasn’t his face it was more to the fact he was doing ignorant things while head coach , and got canned for it. Patricia & Quinn should get axed no excuses as well.

I think most fans don’t give af, but in here, in this echo chamber, we have opinions that we voice so loudly it seems like the fans give more of af than they do.

Actually a good description of social media on the whole, now that I think about it.

Yeah he did stupid stuff like win games, he had some game management issues at times. But you can get better with experience. You want stupid let’s just put 10 players on the field with devon cook running the ball. Our run defense is so good we decide to spot them a guy by only putting 10 on the field on certain plays. This is what like 3 times in 2 games.

1 Like