(Saved: $6,551,805)
  4. Released Charles Harris
    (Saved: $4,011,665)
  5. Released Logan Stenberg
    (Saved: $1,010,000)
  6. Released Quintez Cephus
2 Likes

I think this means Stenberg and Cephus go through the waiver wire, while the first four are free to negotiate with any team under new contract conditions. I wonder if we will try to sign Big V or ROkwara back under a better deal.

Wait did we actually do this or is this just an idea?

3 Likes

Not sure we’re he got this from but I can’t find anything to back it up. Anyone else find anything

2 Likes

If they release Romeo, I’ll be convinced that pick #6 will be a D Edge

3 Likes

No I can’t find anything either.

2 Likes

Headline edited for clarity unless actual cuts can be confirmed.

5 Likes

I think it’s just an idea, but the OP gives no context… so it invites all these questions.

4 Likes

There are two threads with the same OP

1 Like
  1. Released Romeo Okwara
    (Saved: $7,500,000)
  2. Released Michael Brockers
    (Saved: $10,000,000)
  3. Released Halapoulivaati Vaitai
    (Saved: $6,551,805)
  4. Released Charles Harris
    (Saved: $4,011,665)
  5. Released Logan Stenberg
  6. Released Quintez Cephus

There’s no sense in releasing Cepheus and Stenberg to save that small amount

9 Likes

Time to move on from Cephus and Stenberg I agree

Brockers should be cut as soon as possible.

Big V, what happened to all that hooplah about not replacing a player because he was injured ???
Or does that only apply to Tracey Walker and not Big V and Romeo.

I can see us allocating salary to signing bonus for Romeo & Big V in order to keep them and have cap savings.

Charles Harris is a good player just doesn’t fit here in our 4-3. I’d like to trade him if possible for a 6th-7th …is it possible?

4 Likes

It will cover cost of the two 6 rd picks an leave a little change

They will be later cuts . I like Cepheus an would be pleased if he makes it an stays healthy. Stenberg has had many chances an really has not won a back up spot either.

3 Likes

\i would like Big V back if healthy an rework his deal . I took him off for now to just show Cap can be found an this is without reworking other deals. I never said if injured i have said all along if healthy an rework his deal i am for keeping him.

As far as Romeo I want better like bigger maybe Wilson in draft. We have a IMO better version of him in Houston. That goes for Harris also. Walker will have to proof he is healthy also . I am not cutting because of injury unless they fail medical. I just want at DE bigger an longer At Safety I have always liked Walker but he still has to be fit.

2 Likes

There fixed

I agree with all those cuts. Cutting Cephus and Stenburg may only save two million combined but we don’t have to replace them.

We were bringing players off the street to play infront of Stenburg and Cephus is always injured anyway.

Like others I would like Romeo back on a better deal.

2 Likes

Vaitai is the 9th highest paid OG in the league… That needs to be adjusted IMO. In other news, Laken ■■■■■■■ Tomlinson is making over $13 million per year??? Yikes…

2 Likes

Unless their roster spots can be used on actual “players”.
There’s zero point in paying people that you know can’t play or can’t stay available.

4 Likes

We can’t release Cepheus. We would really miss all the training camp stories telling us how great he looks and what amazing chemistry he has with Goff. Then we get to see him make some baller catches in at least three preseason games before going on IR again

8 Likes

If this is what we need to do to acquire more handsome players, I’m all in.
The trade of HOch sure helped.

1 Like