If you could trade for one position to put us over the top?

Aaron donald easily

3 Likes

This. The outside guys can just contain/collapse the pocket.

I would say a DE. We need to get more sacks.

That’s reminiscent of the Pat Swilling deal.

No thanks.

Arron Donald but it never will happen . Von miller would be my pick and might become available in the next couple weeks .

1 Like

Pretty redundant, but I have to go with a stud DE that dominates. Not one that gets paid close to 20 million and doesn’t get sacks. It seems like we would have blown the Chiefs out if we had a difference maker on either end. A stud MLB would be 2nd and an elite WR would be #3 on my list.

Welcome to the board.

See, I cringe at the idea of “elite”. We’ve had Suh, Megatron, and Stafford sucking up cap space and never did shit.
Our receivers catch the ball.
I do like the idea of Von Miller, at the right price.

JJ Watt

I’m changing my vote. After watching the KC game, we absolutely would dominate if we had an absolute stud OFFICIAL!

No calls on PI, unnecessary roughness calls that never happened, disproportionate holding calls in our favor…YEAH!!!

4 Likes

I actually want to add that I wouldn’t be against a high end RB. No offense to KJ, but I’m still just not seeing it. Sure, he had some solid yardage against an awful run stopping team, but overall, nothing stands out to me with him. If 2 of our lineman are graded out to be top run blockers in the NFL, then why is he struggling to get 3 ypc? It’s like he doesn’t have that 2nd level or something. His longest carry in 75 attempts is for 14 yards.

Left tackle. End of conversation. Don’t overthink it.

1 Like

If we could steal Trent Williams away from Washington I’d be pretty happy. Given the situation he’s in and his age, I think the compensation would be on the low side. Trent will also spend time at LG so there’s some versatility there.

There are a lot of teams that would outbid us for Williams, the Browns and Texans to name two. Washington should move him, but they’re playing hardball. He’d probably fetch a 2nd rounder.

MP’s scheme is built on man-to-man cover skills—give me Ramsey.

He’s young, already among the best at his position, will continue to get better, and plays with passion & physicality on the field. He covers A LOT of ground, lays the lumber, and would add some confidence and attitude to our D.

We need as many good cover guys as we can get. Ramsey’s the best of the bunch.

Problem is the price tag.

3 Likes

0 sacks against Mahomes.

1 position to upgrade? Edge.

Kennard and Flowers have been getting pressure, but I’m looking for that 16+ sack guy.

He’d make more of a difference than improving any other 1 position. We have the back end and scheme to make the QB already a bit hesitant, you speed him up and now he’ll make mistakes. INTs will go up.

Just like Belichick, Patricia values pressure over sacks.

I don’t see DET making a big move, especially one that requires heavy draft capital. I’d love a Von Miller addition, but the Lions rarely even field 2 edge rushers at the same time, they flex guys depending on the situation. Miller would add talent for sure, but for the cost where does he fit? This is not a base 4-3 D. Hand is the guy they’re missing.

1 Like

The big names are going to be too expensive.

An under the radar trade would be for DE-OLB Carl Lawson, who had 8.5 sacks in 2017 as a rookie, but suffered an ACL tear in 2018 and only played 7 games. The Lions would be taking a flyer on a rehab project with potential and some demonstrated pass rush ability. He’s still young, relatively inexpensive, and under contract through 2020.