I'm thinking the Lions should pass on defense

That’s why I’d prefer Skoronski.
If that means we have to settle for Charbonnet or Gibbs, so be it. I expect both to be above average.

3 Likes

More productive than Tibby Dough as well in his 2 final years.

4 Likes

Dude, stop already. I understand why you like Wilson. I don’t hate him. You don’t know what opinion means. And I gave you extra context. Top DL/Edge get double digit sacks. Anderson, as I said I think is the only worthy top 10 defensive talent. Research includes watching tape, seeing what draft analyst’s say. Travon Walker is a very good example. He went #1 based on potential alone. Because last year was the same thing. It was a weak class. Tyree fits that exact mold for me. High ceiling, great length, size, etc. Which is POTENTIAL.Is that enough context for you? We’re talking top 6 value here.

Listen United Nations GIF by INTO ACTION

3 Likes

I have to add also that I think we are fine at DE/Edge at the moment. Romeo just came back. Harris is still under contract. Paschel did a very good job when he got healthy. Then there’s Houston who was lights out.

2 Likes

Nick Bosa?… nope.
JJ Watt? …. nope.
TJ Watt… barely
Joey Bosa… once
Cam Jordan… nope
Brian Burns… nope
Myles Garrett… barely
Khalil Mack… barely… in the MAC!

4 Likes

In this offense you can get the same production from Gibbs, McIntosh, Bigsby, Spears, Johnson, Tucker, Evans, Achane. The NFL KNOWS this. All of those guys could get you 1300-1500 yards rushing in this offense. Bijan is so good, but the gap between him and these dudes is tiny…

2 Likes

I actually watched Will Anderson’s sacks and he was literally unblocked for almost half of them

3 Likes

I love Bijan but multiple backs in this class are going to out produce him

2 Likes

Animated GIF

I agree with that. Another major factor for a RB is who drafts you. RB’s would be pumped to be drafted by the Lions for example, we got a legit O-line.

4 Likes

Well, as @Air2theThrown has already alluded to, the Lions are a lot more bullish on their defense as is this moment in time than anyone in the fan or media world are, so who knows what the Lions do in the first…

1 Like

I was on the Bijan train for a little bit, but I’m back to waiting on that position until the second or third. whatever they want to do. BPA is how this thing seems to be heading.

I’m Tyree Wilson at 6 right now and open to whatever they want next.

1 Like

pump you up

1 Like

If we wanted a RB and a G in the first round I would not be upset if we took Skoronski at 6 and Bijan at 18. There is a lot that has to play out before draft day.

Then FAU , Campbell, and Phillips/Ricks ?

No DT in that scenario

Tyree Wilson is six months older than Travon Walker

and he still has more sacks… :smile::smile::smile:

5 Likes

I guess but if you’re comparing their age 21 seasons the numbers are close and then when you factor in what Georgia asks it’s DL to do.

I’d rather have Walker than Wilson. I’m probably in the minority in thinking that but I happen to think Walker’s upside is absurd. Even more so than Wildon. I don’t think Wilson is anywhere near the run jump athlete that Walker is.

Prefer Gibbs. I honestly don’t want charbonnet at all.

4 Likes