Im tired of coaching losing games

I understand the sentiment but I really disagree. Leaving 20 seconds on the clock shouldn’t have lost the team the game. Taking a shot there gives them a chance to win in regulation. We know how it worked out, but how about not giving up 30 yard pass plays when the other team needs a 30 yard pass play.

1 Like

Exactly!!!
How about asking why Glenn can’t call defensive plays that doesn’t allow a damn 36 yard pass play to Diggs with under a min left

1 Like

Yup

Yup

Nope → that’s why it was a close game, and where we win…it’s why we almost got them. ppl think of a HC as “just coaching”…fundamentals, X’s and O’s, in game adjustments, clock management…he gives them the eye of the tiger, and I feel like most here underestimate what giving them the eye of the tiger does for a team.

Jamal’s fumble
Bryant’s roughing penalty that basically gave them 7, instead of 3
Missed FG

…lots to blame.
Those are my big 3
some just wanna blame who they wanna blame
Goff had 2 really bad ones at a very inopportune time too.

Bottom line…we took them into deep water and almost drown them, but they were a bigger animal that barely escaped the death roll. :wink:

the time management at the end of the first half was a real problem we had the opportunity to clear a lot of time there and didn’t do giving the Bills the time needed to get that FG that being said I like this coaching staff and I really like the direction of this team as a fan for over 60 years I feel we’re in the right direction for a change

Well put.

I think the void between Allen and Goff is far smaller than many others.

You believe we have one of the best coaches in y r league.

Imagine if Goff and DC had more than 60% of the OL, 60% of the DL, and 50% of the secondary intact?

I’ve come around on DC… I hope you will on Goff- it’s amazing how we nit pick a single read or throw, and ignore Allen completing 1, but almost 2 passes to Analzone.

1 Like

This seems to be just as good as a place as any to drop this…

Should he stay or should he go?
  • Fire Dan Campbell!!!
  • More Kneecaps!!!

0 voters

1 Like

I don’t see anyone ignoring Allen’s success or failure. I see guys talking about Detroit.
That said, if I could trade goff for Allen…HELL YES…IMMEDIATELY. I’d have him in town before the ink on the contract dries.

I don’t like the end of the game but the coaches overall did a hell of a job against a team with more talent than us. We turned the game into a brawl and they landed the last punch. I don’t have an issue. The Lions played great today.

The Bills are a better team and this Lions team went toe-to-toe with ‘em.

I know each team has injuries. But when you start with a talent deficit with the top teams losing starting guards, a starting CB and so on sure don’t help. And F excuses. This club had the lead late. Credit to the staff and players. The Lions are becoming a very tough out.

@kalspa its pretty easy to me. A better question would be if we feel our team is more competitive watching the games this season.

My answer would be an overwhelming yes. Dan gets to stay and see how the season finishes up in my opinion.

We just gave Buffalo a nightmare they thanked their lucky stars to come out with that win, and did NOT want any more of THIS Detroit Lions team busted up and incomplete as it was!

they won by damn good luck not because they were a far superior team .

2 Likes

If you can’t gain a yard you shouldn’t win at all

I think they do have a more talented roster, we just have better coaching.

The talent discrepancy is MASSIVE, while the coaching discrepancy is big, but not as big as the talent discrepancy

Best football games I have seen this year were…
Detroit vs Philly (likely SB team from NFC)
and
Detroit vs Buffalo (SB team from AFC, if they stay healthy)

Great time to be a Lions fan.
Det vs Philly in Conference finals next year!!!

not massively concerned about the coaching yet, we already won more games this season than last , with more winnable games to go…7/8 wins -not out of the question.

Good game plan. Good play calls. Generally good, absolutely.

I disagreed with how they handled the end of the 1st half but understand Campbell’s mentality. He wanted to be ultra aggressive against a really good team - fair enough, I’ll never complain about that.

The end of the 2nd half was bad though. You can’t say anyone who would have played that differently “doesn’t understand the game”.

If you’re going to be ultra aggressive all game, why let up on the last drive? They kicked that fg from 51 yds with 2 TO’s in their pocket. No way they should end the game with those TO’s in their pocket.

The Chark ball on 3rd/1 was nearly identical to the Josh Reynolds play a few weeks back. I don’t love it, but again I’m not going to nitpick that call. I do like the mentality behind it.

The problem was that they just let the clock bleed out on themselves prior to that.

Rich Eisen knows a thing or two about football…i think he nails it here. Id love to see anyone here suggest Rich “doesn’t understand the game”.

I don’t think the coaching was “bad” overall yesterday - not at all - but saying the game was handled properly at the end is definitely debatable.

Just a few things i still think they can clean up and do better so this team wins these games rather than blowing them.

I think they can do it.

2 Likes

100%.

Anyone saying otherwise is wrong here.

This is football 101 stuff. They didn’t manage the end of the game well at all on offense or defense.

Really good otherwise though. Was a great game and I’m excited to see the lions start to win these ones. I think they will once they clean up a few more things and continue to improve.

2 Likes

So we should have called time outs and left Josh Allen and the Bills what? . . . A full minute for the last drive instead of 23 seconds? That would have been better?

Eisen is saying we need to call time outs to preserve time, but not to leave Allen time on the clock? Maybe he had a little too much Thanksgiving cheer.

I tried to explain that in the game thread and Dan explained it in the post gane. They were trykng to thread the needle time wise. Leave yourself enough to operate but don’t give Josh too much. Very tricky tp do.

2 Likes

I didn’t see Chark’s potential catch on that 3rd and 1 as a game winning catch. Perhaps it could’ve led to a win in regulation. But Chark only had a step on the CB.

1 Like

My only real coaching complaint was not letting the clock run down to the two-minute warning from the 2:32 with a full play clock. It would have burn another 32 seconds off the clock, and given Buffalo less time on their final possession, because odds were they were going to get the ball back… the less time the better.

2 Likes

They couldn’t have known that when they called the play. Regardless, with a reception it gives them the ball with 30 seconds down around the 10 yard line.

Goff missed the pass. Shrug.

MjrLeeChaotic

3m

They were sitting on their own 28 yard line.

2 Likes