Im tired of coaching losing games

And the red zone TO :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I posted this in another thread. Pretty sure Chark is clearing out space for the ball to go to St. Brown.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1595881027532386305?s=46&t=wc6jLuU_XnagfeMglKFUzw

How is it that every time the Lions win itā€™s because of the players? When they lose, itā€™s the coaches. I didnā€™t love the 3rd and 1 call but why are people crushing the HC for a call supposedly made by the offensive coordinator? .

4 Likes

The play was the right oneā€¦we had three options open and two that could have resulted in TDā€™S if ball placed better. That is more on Goff then it is the coaches.

If we convert that I can guarantee everyone would be LOVING the aggressiveness of the call. Just me two pennies

1 Like

Time and game management is awful, but I also understand most fans donā€™t necessarily follow along with that kind of stuff

1 Like

[quote=ā€œLuke, post:47, topic:18766ā€]
Time and game management is awful, but I also understand most fans donā€™t necessarily follow along with that kind of stuff
[/quote] Just like most fans think they know more then they do.

I thought that too.
Maybe they didnā€™t want to risk a big return???..idk.
But yes, kick it to the 5 yard line or squib kick a line drive and make the clock run.

Bro you seem super triggered. Itā€™s thanksgiving and the lions are better than anyone could have reasonably expected given how the season started. Letā€™s eat some Turkey and chill a bit

5 Likes

Talk about not understanding the game.

2 Likes

Yeah, you canā€™t overlook that. How does anyone look at this team and not appreciate the accomplishments of the day?

2 Likes

Our staff out-coached their staff if you look at the talent levels of these two teams. Wake up.

5 Likes

I think we can appreciate what youā€™re saying, while also acknowledging the lack of time and game management. Both things can exist. He can have the right leadership and energy while still needing to improve on game management. Itā€™s ok for both to exist

BJ is clearly still learning OTJ.

You guys all know Iā€™ve been calling for Danā€™s head most the season. But Iā€™ve been happy with them the last few games. He definitely needs to work on time management, but they are putting our players in position to win and penalties are way down.

Thereā€™s still buy-in from the players and when this team gets more talent itā€™s going to not just punch other teams in the mouth but itā€™s gonna ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  win while punching other teams in the mouth

3 Likes

I agree with this. I still think AG has to go, but at least Iā€™m not ready to fire Campbell any longer

2 Likes

Very well coached game in general.
if ppl are ā€œtired of coaching losing games,ā€ then arguably stop watching football. Itā€™s debatable that every game has at least one loss that is a result of. a coach (by this standard).

Sure, there may be a few calls you donā€™t like
Sure, some of them may come at untimely moments.
look at all the misdirection, motion,

Our ;boys called a good game today. There were some calls I iddā€™t like.

generally spekkmg, well-called game today.

3 Likes

Honestly I am not down after this game.

1. We have a coach who seems to be a great motivator but is learning. It will be important to see if this improves as he gains experience.

2. We have a quarterback who is good but makes 1-2 terrible plays a game.

3. We are terribly under talented relative to the Bills and took our game to the wire.

Left the game with a ā€œdamn itā€ instead of asking to pour the rest of the vodka in the blue koolaid.

Well in truth I did that anyway, but it was after the game was over instead of during.

2 Likes

Just curiousā€¦.

A) Most would take the Bills D vs the Lions D straight up going into today right?

B) Most would take Allen over Goff right?

C) Most would take Bills staff over the Lions straight up right?

Assuming allā€¦. Or even just 2 are correctā€¦ the. How can we be pissed about a last second FG loss?

If Northwestern loses to Ohio State by 3, they arenā€™t trying to fire the coach or QBā€¦. Goff has a 93 rating and was at least as good as Allen today.

J Will fumble? 29 yard missed FG? Tons of injuries, and still in it?

How about appreciating our guys giving us a game to enjoy today, vs taking the 31-10 loss we all knew was possible.

If we are only 3 points worse than the Bills without Paschal, Okudah, both guards, both backup guards, Jamo, etcā€¦. Then we could be a top 5-6 team to start next year.

Thus why I donā€™t want to bet on the next Zach Wilson.

5 Likes

Really great post. Happy thanksgiving brother

I mean what really is the worst case scenario here? Lose out and have two picks that may be top 5? Win 2 or 3 having shown progress over last year but fell short of more recent expectations after the 3 game winstreak, still have likely a top 5 and a top 15 pick. Win 4-6 and be borderline playoff? Those really are the options right, i dont see a truly negative outcome when we are talking the future of tgjs organization.