In the pantheon of bad mock picks for the Lions, this is worst yet

I think Kool-Aid won our Den Mock for that same reason that politicians routinely plaster their names everywhere possible for people to see. If you see a name enough times, it’s familiar and safe–and Kool-Aid was the choice of many pundits in their mock drafts, so… Echo, echo, echo

1 Like

I haven’t seen that one yet. Was it on the Ringer draft show?

No, PFF

I feel fairly confident that we’d grab Newton in that scenario. He just seems like an us guy. Although perhaps I’m just confirming my own bias :man_shrugging:

Thx. Will listen to it soon.

1 Like

If I had to bet I’d put money on Newton too, though I think we’ll like Latu as well. The guy is a football junkie. But without knowing anything about his medicals, hard to predict how we’ll feel about him or where he’ll land overall. If he makes it to 29, odds are pretty good he’s scared off some teams.

Is your bias in layers?..bias ply possibly!!!

It’s why I woild have been in favor of drafting JSN last year too. Remember what nightmares three elite a lot guys have teams with Peyton throwing to them in Denver? Thomas, Decker and Welker were unguardable in that offense

And Jamo stretching the field and LaPorta in fhe deep seam

1 Like

One thing I found interesting in that PFF video was that as they picked Jackson Powers-Johnson for us at #29, they suggested that he fell a little bit because of medical info at the combine. They were never explicit about what that was…

I’ve heard rumblings of a medical issue as well, all the way back at the Senior Bowl. Very few details about it though.

I thought of Latu when listening to Holmes interview in another thread and the topic of injury, availability, and “it’s the NFL” injuries happen in a 17 game season, was discussed.

I think injury is one of the many ways Brad looks to find value. Injured guys can typically be had at something of a discount, like Jamo (who definitely would have gone top ten if he’d run). Latu’s another guy who would certainly be much higher if it wasn’t for the injury.

1 Like

Like Brad said in his interview. They’re not taking a guy they don’t like as much because he wasn’t injured over a guy they’re excited about with an injury history. They all play football - injuries are going to happen.

PFF has McConkey at the No. 32 overall, so arguably, it wouldn’t be a reach at No. 29.

But the pick wouldn’t excite me. Then again, I don’t want a WR in Rd 1.

1 Like

WR6 according to PFF and officially measured under 6’ at the combine? PASS

1 Like

2 Likes

I tried to look up last year so I could follow up with Puka’s ranking, but he wasn’t even in their final 200

I hear ya.
But lions dont need another small speedy WR. They need an X outside 6’+ WR

1 Like

I keep hearing this, but I just don’t buy it. They haven’t had this for 3 years and the offense has been cooking. Does it add to the offense, sure, but I don’t know that I’d call it a ‘need’. Just get me a guy who can get open for JG and catch the ball reliably.

1 Like