In the pantheon of bad mock picks for the Lions, this is worst yet

But we had Josh Reynolds :man_shrugging:

But Reynolds is a Z?

The only real X receivers weā€™ve had since Brad has came in have been Tyrell Williams and Chark (and Cephus lol)

To me thatā€™s an X profile

BC of Goffā€™s strengths weā€™re a misfit for a sideline merchant. What we do lack is a guy who can bully ball a DB. Josh could to an extent. Maybe DJP can.

To me when people clamor for an X they are not clamoring for a split end. They are instead looking for a certain profile. A guy that can just physically own Cam Sutton types of corners.

2 Likes

Getting ā€œradio playā€ for artists works in a similar fashion. A personā€™s early view of a particular song is generally how they really feel about it. When a song is played alot and begins to ā€œgrow on you,ā€ thatā€™s just familiarity kicking in.

Exactly i dont need Calvin out there. Just a 6ā€™+ WR thats a good route runner than can handle 1 on 1s. Quick guys like St, Raymond and Williams are great.
Take the sideline and own it.

And yes thats what Reynolds and even Chark was good at. Lions only have the speedy guys on the roster.

And i dont see Green Developing into anything

1 Like

I stand by my Legette comp of AJ Brown. He is a ruffian out there and can absolutely fly.

2 Likes

Impossible to tell for sure, but assuming Latuā€™s medicals are sound, manā€¦I just donā€™t see how Brad could pass on bookending Latu w Hutch. It would be so difficult for opponents to deal with. And yet, thereā€™s no real way of predicting whether Brad prefers heat off the edge w Latu or juice up the middle w Johnny Newton. Would be a heck of a fortunate dilemma.

1 Like

I think weā€™re pretty happy about our Edge situation. I get that many on here or not but thatā€™s just my impression. I could of course be mistaken. We have no for sure playable interior DL depth currently.

2 Likes

Ive seen more and more mocks having him going top 14. They aint moving up that high.

I agree. Our conjecture wasnā€™t that those two guys will be there to choose from as much as it was centered around the Den Mock where Newton and Latu were both available at 29 but bypassed for a higher perceived need at CB, Kool Aid McKinstry

1 Like

Can he play guard?

Give me all the slot receivers with Ben Johnson at the helm and lets see what he can do

I believe he can. You will hear others say heā€™s too tall, but pad level is one of his strengths. He has a preternatural gift for staying low, and no one in the class has a better anchor. Heā€™s also a plus athlete who can cover that spot on the left side, which is harder to find imo.

1 Like

I would be happy to draft Mims but I would not be trying to convert him into an OG. I think we could get him plenty of playing time as an extra OT and playing RT so Sewell can move around as well. There is a good chance Decker does not play every game without an injury. For 1 year Iā€™d rather leave Glasgow at LG rather than a giant 6ā€™ 7 rookie that has never played there. I say work him in gradually at RT If he catches on and shows he can handle more Ben will find more playing time for him.

Itā€™s not as pressing with Glasgow and Zeitler but I still believe Glasgow can be upgraded at LG, especially athletically (he wasnā€™t great there last year). Fautanu would be another good option for that reason.

Mimsā€™s move to OG would only be temporary, he would still be our backup/swing tackle and perhaps play there in 6OL looks. As well as our future at RT (when Penei moves over). I would tell him if he wants to get on the field, his best chance is to beat out Glasgow. I know heā€™s tall but again, his pad level is excellent, he stays low, his anchorā€™s essentially unmovable. I see no reason why he couldnā€™t excel inside.

Bringing back the Run n Shoot.

I guess I feel better than most. I think Levi really started coming on as reliable depth, especially as the season went on. I also think there is a good chance Martin plays 15% of the snaps this year. You also have Cominsky and Paschal playing inside quite a bit.

1 Like

I understand your intent and there is no doubt in my mind that Fautanu could step in day 1 and play LG at a higher level than anyone on our roster. There is also no doubt in my mind that he will not be available when we pick at 29. Mims on the other hand has played very little football and is still learning to play OT and has not played OG at all. The only reason Mims might even be a possibility at 29 is because he has not played enough games.

Yeah I get it, and I would still do it. I think Mims would be top 5 if he stayed in college another year, you donā€™t get a lot of chances to draft guys like that at the end of the first. Add his talent then figure it out (which for me would see him at LG)