Inside the Den 2023 Ep. 1

This is kind of a rabbit hole for me

Are we going to be able to track what winning is actually worth ?

The Lions brand and team one of lowest valued nfl franchises

Yet its historical place is an un tapped asset … thanksgiving , original franchise , forgotten greatness , historical city … there’s a lot to work with

But they were valued at 30 or 32 but if selling …
there’s a loyal fanbase that sold out barely winning
Can’t imagine the value of that type of fanbase if it’s actually winning.

1 Like

Stuff gets me so emotional lol. Can’t wait for the season to start!!!

1 Like

I have been saying for a long time the lions issues were based in leadership. They not only didnt have it but when they had players show leadership they called them problem players and got rid of them asap! It sends a bad message when other players see that only the quiet stars are allowed to stay. Its why their best players retired early. There was no “team” installed in the team.

1 Like

They should let Penei announce the pick!!!

1 Like

You want to change the culture, win some games.

Rod Wood spoke of that in this morning’s freep.
Losing was breeding losing for years, he was part of it in the Patricia/Quinn hire(yes he said that). The biggest imperative was a culture change, tearing it completely down and DC and BH were on the same page from the day RW introduced them to each other.
Starting to change, working on winning breeding wins, started to see the change last season. Now, have to build on it. There is higher expectations, accountability hasn’t changed, growing.

2 Likes

Sort of a problem he made but we’re here now and I like it

1 Like

Richardson is this years Malik Willis. TV talent evaluators will have him mocked in the top 5…but when the talent evaluators that are paid by NFL franchises for their decisions get on the clock in April, the truth is revealed.

I LOVE Caldwell …but he ain’t Campbell.
Yup → it’s true that Holmes would have helped Jim a ton too, very true.
Campbell is the best I’ve ever seen at what he does.

Y E S

They really are. Also true → the ppl the front offices are brining it in are making it easy for them. Just turn on a camera & tell them to be themselves.
SO good!
Loving the whole thing!

In hindsight
Mayhew Caldwell imo might’ve been a good pro unit
While BQ wanted Patricia from jump so was never going to work well for Caldwell

With these special players on team now
Brad is really going to have to show his worth by keeping as many as possible when they’ll be pushing for all top 5 players at premium positions

Kirby
Rodrigo
Houston
Hutch
Jonah
Sewell
Amon
Goff

And that’s not full list yet

1 Like

F__K YES! I didn’t want it to end! Will there be more? Hook it to my veins.

1 Like

Playoff wins!!! Give us playoff wins!

1 Like

I don’t understand these emotions I’m feeling and the things that I find myself saying…like…

1. Lion’s ownership (Sheila) is excellent!
  2. Ford-Hamp, Wood, Spielman and Disner picked Brad and Dan when NEITHER was an obvious choice to ANYBODY!
  3. I’m…what is this word…proud? Yeah, that’s it I’M F’ing PROUD of this team!

“We found out before the game that we couldn’t make the playoffs and then clobbered Green Bay,” SFH

You could tell she LOVED saying the word Clobber in regards to the Pack.

3 Likes

PS., seeing this video, I just realized HOW real, this culture change piece is.

THAT’S why they’re finally making headway on repairing the riff with Calvin.

She’s rebuilding the brand. This is F’ing huge!

That’s 3 games in a row we have beat the Packers now!! I call that a winning streak!

Pass the koolaid!! We were 5-1 in the division last year, and it should have been 6-0 if we don’t blow the 1 game late vs the Vikes.

New Kings of the North!!

1 Like

TOTALLY different energy in the entire franchise.

People used to make fun of me for me whenever I’d mention it (completely ignoring the fact that all of the coaches and most of the players were talking about it).

The entire energy of this franchise is different. From Sheila to the water boys, & especially the warrior energy of the players.

Committed, Focused, strong, Disciplined, aggressive energy.

Warriors on a mission.
Growing not only as players…as men.

2 Likes

All this Detroit Lions love lately…won’t be long and everyone will hate us.

Can’t wait for that day

2 Likes

Haha! Yup! Once they realize the “Cinderella story” is really an “Ogre under the bridge” story… bridge to the SB!

1 Like

The water boy is intense!!

Adam Sandler Water GIF by Death Wish Coffee

The ‘they aren’t dicks’ energy goes a long ways too in repairing the rifts