Interesting Lions narratives in advance of the Super Bowl

That’s what u said. Sigh. Come on not gonna elaborate on how someone would interpret that

Yes as someone who lives in the Bay Area, I would not identify Northern California with a (San Francisco) next to it

Sigh

Good for you buddy. Appreciate your opinion on the topic. As someone who was born and raised in the City of San Francisco, that is how I decided I would identify where I was from in my take to @SoCal_LionFan. If he was confused by want I meant, he can message me about it and I can clarify. Anything else you want to critique?

@QBHATER90 I guess you still don’t see what I mean. Whatever.

I get it. I don’t care……there is a difference.
Cat Toy Cats GIF by Little White Dog Co

I’ve never lived in California but have been in SF long ago

Seems like it’s in the upper half of the state …
:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sure you do buddy

posters get so pissy and have this much venom BECAUSE of the 12 years of whining and complaining about Stafford…12 years of back and fourth disputes . This continues EVEN whien Stafford is on The LA Rams…there is STILL the arguing over him. I don’t give a shit who people root for or today …which team or QB they root for. It changes NOTHING ! I expect years of more bitching about Stafford…if he loses today. BUT I WILL ENJOY THIS GAME -and The Game Thread .

3 Likes

Well, you did bring his post to my attention……don’t want me to talk, then don’t @ me……it’s a simple process……

1 Like

@QBHATER90 Sigh buddy i was giving you the real world experience by sharing his post with u. Come on just take it till we go grab popcorn. I know you’re super eager. Just wait.

Sounds like a plan. I’ll buy the beers….

2 Likes

I figured this deserved another go…

south park beat a dead horse GIF

The Simpsons GIF

HA, this is pure comedy Nate, although the arrogance cause me to throw up in my mouth a little bit. Fucking hilarious, you spout off a bunch of bull shit conjecture as though its fact and then double down by actually stating that your response/conjecture was fact “I’m sorry that facts continue to torture you, but it is what it is”. I’m still searching for the “facts” in your reply.

Here are a few actual FACTS, Stafford’s stats vs Goff’s stats for his super bowl year. Early similar and hardly those that required “training wheels”.

Matthew Stafford 601 404 67.2 4,886 8.1 41 6.8 17 2.8 79t 30 243 102.9

Jared Goff 561 364 64.9 4,688 8.4 32 5.7 12 2.1 70t 33 223 101.1

Ironic that you chastise me for “cherry picking evidence” but then you so confidently do the same by stating “You mean the one they got into because of the worst non-call in league history?” If we use your own argument, not one single play changes a game, right?

Finally, there’s this:

“I’d rather be stuck in the middle of lunacy if it means a Super Bowl win than in purgatory with a franchise that, at least to date, has refused to even try”, I mean, this is pure idiocy, to proclaim they haven’t even tried? Yeah, sure, they are so dumb that they have intentionally not tried to field a winning team because why would they want to increase the value of their asset, right? They don’t need the money, right? Jesus man, and you run the Lions Fan website? Who needs enemies?

I will say this on that topic, yes the Lions have been in perpetual purgatory (if it were an actual place) but let face it, its not without trying. I’m not sure if you’ve noticed there are a shit ton of billionaires who own pro sports teams who don’t have a clue how to build championship teams. The NFL is littered with owners who inherited their teams and the family business. I’d lean more toward the fact that they just do not posses the skill set to built a winning sports franchise and probably would not be billionaires if not for their inheritance. I’d put the Ford family at or near the top of this list for sure.

Peace!

I’m not Nate.
I think you replied this to the wrong post.
You want @Nate

1 Like

I cannot dispute any rebuttal you made, all valid, well articulated points and lets face it, you’re probably more right than I was. That still doesn’t change the fact that while yes, the team he formerly played for was as poorly a manged pro sports franchise that there is, I was simply expressing my own thoughts on just how overplayed (to me) the narrative of him finally getting what he deserved was. I mean, I rooted for Stafford and was ecstatic they won but being in the middle of this was at the same time nauseating and it obviously increased after their win.

Not sure if this is a real good analogy but it kind of reminds me of a douchie radio host (Brady Quinn) extolling the brilliance of Stafford a few season back because he had lead the Lions to another 4th quarter come from behind wins and how the Lions would be even worse without him (obviously). I thought to myself, I’m pretty sure Stafford had just a tiny bit to do with the Lions being behind to begin with so why was it always everyone else’s fault when they lost but only Stafford was the reason for the win? I just cant for the life of me buy into these bullshit narratives that he somehow got screwed by the Lions but now finally is getting his due.

1 Like

I’m with the people that think the LYONS would be infinitely worse off without. Stafford

Without that come from behind badassery, we are number one draft pick every year.

Stafford is the same freaking guy he’s always been, he’s just in different surroundings now.

Too handsome
Too smart
Too talented
To go unnoticed his entire career.

1 Like

I love that a few bizarre episodes earlier you accused me of the one using conjecture.

A fact is Matt winning more playoff games in his first year outside of Detroit than the Lions have ever won in the modern era. Dwell on that.

A fact is Matt winning a Super Bowl in his first year outside of Detroit. The Lions have never sniffed a Super Bowl.

A fact is the Lions winning 3 games in their first year without Matt, and fans getting excited about draft picks literally during training camp.

A fact is the Rams being SB favorites again in 2022 specifically because Matt is the QB.

A fact is the Lions having less of a shot, at least according to Vegas, than the Jaguars of winning the Super Bowl.

Conjecture is virtually everything you posted, with few, if any exceptions.

The Lions wasted Matt like they did Barry and Calvin before him. And if you read weasel’s latest, as I linked above, sources — along with reality — back up the claim that until this year no one was at the wheel.

There’s a lot of words to describe that, among them, not ■■■■■■■ trying.

2 Likes

Stafford for sure had his hand in the lions losses. He is the quarterback. He has his hands on the ball more then any other player. I am not overlooking his part in the lack of success fit the lions. But I am saying 1 legit decent football team in 12 years is GM Malpractice. 2014 was it. The other playoff teams were extremely flawed and we as fans were excited bc we were winning, it’s a rare thing for us, but they weren’t true contenders. I’m fine w saying stafford should have done more in 2014, I’m also fine w saying joe Lombardi sucked as OC in 2014. I’m also okay with saying the refs screwed the lions in the Dallas game. All three things can be true at the same time. I believe Lombardi and the refs are more to blame but I’m not dying in that hill. Stafford’s career in Detroit to me is summarized in all those games we watched him lead the team to score under 2 min only to have his defense give up the winning score. Qb’s shouldn’t have to play perfect, he knew he had to in order to win. You mix a gunslinger w that reality and you are going to have losses that fall on him. We can’t sit here and say bottom 5 defense and bottom 5 run game for 12 years and say “gee, the biggest issue is stafford” or even a top 15 issue. I read a crazy stat that Brady is like 5-2 in games where he has 2 or more ints in the playoffs. The SB was a great example of a game where stafford didn’t have to be perfect and his team won. That a good team. In Detroit he couldn’t do that.

1 Like

This post doesn’t make any sense. Are you trying to say we are not going to win the Super Bowl next year? If so, clearly you are incorrect. We will definitely win it all “next year.”

1 Like

10 next year. Maybe SB the year after?

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.