Interesting Lions narratives in advance of the Super Bowl

Not at all
Your tactic is juvenile

1 Like

Fucking hilarious the guy even stated he’s a huge stafford supporter yet you get so defensive. The guy is simply stating what he’s noticing. He’s giving an opinion. U know?

Not even bother reading but so funnay

2 Likes

Northern Cali (San Francisco) vs Socal…i like it.

It is nauseating. But there is some truth to the conversation.

Very True.

You are not wrong. It seems like good teams like to attract good players. Most successful franchises have star players. Legit superstars. Tampa had Brady, Brown, Evans, Suh and David just name a few. I wouldn’t necessarily call it selling their soul. I would call it going against the norm and trusting your group to go out and find success with the middle to late round picks as they have been doing and realizing that picks are not as valuable as actual proven star talent.

Going to nit pick here. If you want to play this game then we can also say that the game shouldn’t have even been in that situation at all because Ben Skowronek dropped that dime 50 yard td in his hands for the rams earlier. We do not know for sure that the Niners would have scored with the ball on the 50. I mean, did you see how things went for Jimmy G in the 4th qt. If you really push back and insist that the Niners would have won as a result of that int then I will ask do you think that the Lions would have won their game vs the Cowboys in 2014 had the refs not picked up the flag? Most people who say don’t blame the refs in that scenario say there was still too much time on the clock to know how the game would have played out…and they are right.

I mean, yes, 2012-13 seasons were bad for him. Period. 2014 was weird was is Joe Lombardi? was it stafford, was it a combination? It was a bad year and Stafford should have done more in the playoff game vs Dallas. I would really say he had more then capable teams. He had decent average teams at best. 2011 was a good passing offense and a way below run game a eh defense. You could argue okay, but they literally got Flynn is seahawk contract by allowing to go off with Rodgers on the bench. Stafford did enough to win vs the saints that year…the defense gave up 40 plus points and nearly 200 yards rushing and over 400 yards passing. The seattle playoff game is strange because he was hurt. That team was a 3 win team without his comebacks. 9-4 he gets injured winless after he gets hurt. The thing to also remember is the lions were never expected to win a playoff game in any of their 3 playoff appearances. They have always been seen as an inferior team. You can say the 2014 number 2 overall defense but they were in the mid 20’s against the pass. Joe Burrow has shown me something and I am willing to say he has done what we wished stafford could do…but there has also been a committment to the run game and they their defensive FA signings have worked out and they really committed to putting 3 elite wr’s around him in Boyd, Chase and Higgins. Our efforts always seemed to fizzle best, leashoure, Young and the Oklahoma wr whose name escapes me.

Semantics. I love seeing him get this opportunity after all the years of people making silly arguments that he wasn’t a winner, was missing the it factor, wasn’t tough enough, smart enough or wasn’t a leader. Stafford has always been an elite talent who has played elite consistently in portions of his career. The elite talents just got to get to the right situation. Coaching, Philosophy and teammates matter when it comes to winning it all.

@SchemeTheDream posted a thread that I believe would say otherwise. And the narrative since they arrived 2 weeks ago has been that yes, a perfect team can take Goff…but they needed someone who can go win it for them. So you think Goff beats Brady with 30 seconds to go? Agree to disagree. I like Goff, know the family marin county and all, I really have no reason to not root for the guy. He is a good dude. He has great touch and I hope we win a lot of games. Maybe he gets them back here maybe he doesn’t. The point is…the rams said we want stafford because we know he can get us to this point…and here we are…they called their shot. He called his shot and 12 months later they are exactly where they said they would be…that’s ballsy.

again credit @SchemeTheDream for this link:

Matthew Stafford over Jared Goff: Will Los Angeles Rams’ QB gamble pay off with Lombardi Trophy? (nfl.com)

I am sorry but you have me confused with someone who gives a damn about what your opinion is on any of these topics. And again, you expose your lack of awareness with every message you direct towards me. :innocent: :rofl: :wink:

1 Like

What that thing about biting the hand that feeds you?

1 Like

Defense!!! Dun dun !!! Defense!!

So hilarious. The guy made such a harmless post and gets so much backlash

1 Like

Wait… did you really identify Northern California as (San Francisco)

As a Bay Area native… ok that’s all I read but wanted to comment.

OK.

I agree ONE BILLION. Lets face it, the NFL is a business, teams have owners, some owners are business people while others inherited their respective teams. The Fords are pseudo business people in that they are the offspring of what many consider to be one of the greatest businessmen in history but exactly how much experience do they actually have leading and managing billion dollar corporations like most NFL owners. There are plenty of others similar to the Fords, the Raiders Mark Davis, not an experienced businessman. The Chiefs ownership is similar to the Lions, the founder was a billionaire oilman, now the family runs the team and their are many more like these mentioned above. There are also plenty of teams whose ownership are current businessmen and even some with very recently created wealth, Dolphins Ross is an established and current businessman as is, Jeffrey Lurie, Zygy Wilf, Shad Khan, Stephen Bisciotti etc.

Guess what? All want their teams to do well, some out of the love of the sport, the competition and some are driven to build value in the business and lets face it some are better at owning an NFL team than others but its not because they are horrible owners its because they make horrible choices on whom they have running their teams. The Fords like so many others have made some really bad choices and its shown by the on field product but there are just as many owners who are currently running billion dollar businesses who cant seem to make a decent choice to lead their teams. Take a look at the Dolphins and Jags, both have two very successful owners who are also currently running their companies and both have made many miserable choices to run their teams.

To me, personally attacking the Fords is the thought process of a simpleton, yes, they have made bad choices but its not as though they are doing it purposely. Just look around the NFL, there are many in the same boat as the Fords. I just hope, time after time that this time they got it right, just like the Rams did with Les Snead and McVay.

2 Likes

@Nate :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
thor GIF

i said I’m from San Francisco.
simon cowell facepalm GIF

@SoCal_LionFan

great posts fyi…forgot to say that in my original to you.

That’s what u said. Sigh. Come on not gonna elaborate on how someone would interpret that

Yes as someone who lives in the Bay Area, I would not identify Northern California with a (San Francisco) next to it

Sigh

Good for you buddy. Appreciate your opinion on the topic. As someone who was born and raised in the City of San Francisco, that is how I decided I would identify where I was from in my take to @SoCal_LionFan. If he was confused by want I meant, he can message me about it and I can clarify. Anything else you want to critique?

@QBHATER90 I guess you still don’t see what I mean. Whatever.

I get it. I don’t care……there is a difference.
Cat Toy Cats GIF by Little White Dog Co

I’ve never lived in California but have been in SF long ago

Seems like it’s in the upper half of the state …
:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sure you do buddy

posters get so pissy and have this much venom BECAUSE of the 12 years of whining and complaining about Stafford…12 years of back and fourth disputes . This continues EVEN whien Stafford is on The LA Rams…there is STILL the arguing over him. I don’t give a shit who people root for or today …which team or QB they root for. It changes NOTHING ! I expect years of more bitching about Stafford…if he loses today. BUT I WILL ENJOY THIS GAME -and The Game Thread .

3 Likes

Well, you did bring his post to my attention……don’t want me to talk, then don’t @ me……it’s a simple process……

1 Like

@QBHATER90 Sigh buddy i was giving you the real world experience by sharing his post with u. Come on just take it till we go grab popcorn. I know you’re super eager. Just wait.