Interesting Lions narratives in advance of the Super Bowl

Yes, I have no idea how to respond to this post. It has stumped me. I have no access to the internet. I do not watch tv. I don’t even come on here and read threads about stafford and the media in relation to the Detroit Lions. It’s a lot more fun to call a spade a spade and send a Gif then actually put time and effort into rationally entertaining your immature attempts to get under people’s skin. :joy: :grin: :wink:

Exactly. You just stated the real world as being the internet and TV. Sorry buddy that isn’t the real world. Lol.

“ It has stumped me. I have no access to the internet. I do not watch tv. I don’t even come on here and read threads about stafford and the media in relation to the Detroit Lions.”

Let me bring you out one day to the real world and we can grab some popcorn alright ?

You honestly might be the worst troll we have ever had here. I know you think there is a burn in there somewhere…

There is a reason you can’t put together a list. You have built up an enemy in your head.

Just pointing out a simple fact on Stafford is considered being a hater. “Stafford never won a division title while in Detroit.” Response: “OMG you are such a hater! You will be eating crow!” Wait, what?

1 Like

Lol

1 Like

And this is where you lose your argument, why do you have to either love or hate Stafford, why can’t there be some middle ground?..in fact, there’s mostly middle ground.
I’ve said it 100 times, he was a class act here and did a lot for the team and the city…and I think MS deserves a SB ring for putting up with the Lions for so long…but I also am rooting for Burrow, I like him as well…so in the end, I don’t really care who wins, not sure if I’ll even watch the game tbh.

I really don’t think there are that many people that actually hate MS, maybe 1 or 2 on this board…but maybe not even that many.

1 Like

As someone who resides here in SoCal and a big Stafford fan I have be honest and say I am NAUSEATED by this narrative that Stafford was stuck playing in this horrible NFL purgatory, Detroit Michigan.
My perception from local media and fans is that ironically he was both saved by the Rams and the savior of the Rams concurrently, which to me is as usual, is the trash being spewed by the usual click bait con-men/snake oil salesmen lining their pockets on the backs of the gullible, sheep who read the bait, click it, believe it, repeat it.

In reality, the Rams played in the Super Bowl THREE YEARS AGO, and have been a very good team since hiring McVay. In reality the Rams sold their souls to win now, lets not forget, Stafford is not the only superstar added this year (Von Miller, OBJ). In reality Stafford is one VERY poorly thrown DROPPED interception by the 9rs Tart, from being the goat (not the good goat either). In reality Stafford played with some great players and some more than capable teams and he was in fact at times equally culpable for those losses.

So, yeah, I am a huge Stafford fan but this narrative that he’s finally getting what he “deserves” and that the Rams saved him from Detroit is irritating because this Rams organization is what deserves the accolades, Les Snead and Sean McVay are football geniuses and honestly, I’m not so sure a healthy Goff could not have lead this team here if the trade had not happened. So, yes, if Stafford wins the game and the MVP, the ridiculous narrative of him being both saved by the Rams and the Rams savior will in fact become lore and I am STUCK in the middle of the lunacy.

3 Likes

Thank you

Exactly. Preach. @QBHATER90 here’s the closest to real world experience I can help you with for now until we go out and grab popcorn

Can you please read what you quoted carefully and then explain where it says you have to be Stafford hater, or must be if you root for the Bengals?
I have consistently held the exact same position as you. I then went further to say even if you hate Stafford and are only rooting for the Bengals for that reason that is your right to do so, and you should not be ridiculed or criticized for it. Neither should those who root for the Rams solely because they support Stafford.
Mr. Peabody seems to think that saying “You can root for the Bengals if you are a Stafford hater” is an ALL inclusive statement. It is not - it is a statement with conditions. If I said “You can be rich and root for the Bengals” then I am not saying poor or middle income individuals can’t. Nor am i saying “only” rich people can root for the Bengals.
My entire point was we need to show common courtesy and respect to others regardless of their reasons for rooting for a particular team.
People on this board make simple statements ,negative or positive about, Stafford and suddenly they are slappies or haters. And then it escalates. It dominates too many discussions needlessly - this post included. Just be respectful of others - that is all I am saying.

1 Like

You stated this…

There will hundreds of thousands of people rooting for the Bengals or the Rams. Most will not be doing it because of their love or hate for Stafford.

I’m just saying that not even the haters really “hate” Matt.

Totally agree with you.

I stopped reading at about post 68 with the back and forth blah blah blah that’s been going on for months…

I just wanted to chime in and laugh at those who hated on Stafford the entire way. It went from…

Stafford won’t make a difference, he’s been a loser his entire career.

(Stafford starts off hot) they aren’t playing anybody, have only beaten 1 team with a winning record (Brady’s Bucs).

(Mid-season point) haters would be surprised if the Rams even made the playoffs. Their schedule gets tough and many were predicting the rams to finish 8-9/9-8.

(Rams finish strong, but Stafford struggles down the stretch with turnovers). Stafford is proving he is who he is! And he might finally win a playoff game, but he can’t take them to the super bowl.

(Rams beat the Bucs) and the excuses poor in. Stafford got lucky! A blown coverage down field leads to a “lucky” throw to Cooper Kupp and a rams win. Let’s not mention Stafford teammates turning the ball over 4 times, attempting to gift the game to the bucs. Stafford didn’t flinch, he won the game with :42 seconds left. That’s what he does.

(Rams beat the 49ers) Tartt dropped the ball! Stafford again gets lucky to win the game. Uhhh…rams were down 10 headed into the 4th. Tartt drops an Int with 9+ minutes to go…game over if he catches it. Lol in what world is an INT down 3 with 9 minutes to go game over? Even if they nurse the clock down to 2 minutes, kick a FG, the rams still have a shot to win the game with a game ending drive. Point is, the rams are almost certain to still have a game winning opportunity. The “INT” is far from game over. Not even mentioning the Offensive POY dropping a crossing route wide open that he walks in. And a bum WR wide open in the end zone dropping another potential TD. But that all doesn’t matter, TARTT!!!

(Stafford should’ve made it to the SB, he’s on an All-Star team). This is my favorite. I don’t even need to elaborate on this one.

The Stafford haters are never wrong. They’ve just moved the goal posts as many times as it takes. Eventually they will be correct, right? And a I told you so will come. Winning the SB won’t even change it. It’s honestly pathetic.

He did everything he set out to do aside from winning the SB…In year #1. He has silenced the haters period. He might even do it again before it’s all said and done. What will the excuses be then???

WTF?
You’re messed up man

1 Like

Name these people

I am still waiting on the list of names. It shouldn’t be hard.

No Worries Waiting GIF

Everything I stated hasn’t been said? Then you just showed up to the board. How many times has the TARTT drop been mentioned just in this thread alone?

You want me to put in work, finding past threads and comments that you already know exist countless times. I’m not doing that for you. You can write the narrative all you want that there aren’t a sh*tload of Stafford haters here all you want. It doesn’t bother me one bit that you live in your own bubble.

Your game might work in junior high …

That’s alot of words to say that you can’t do it because you have been yelling at clouds the entire time. Have a nice day.

You are mad at an army of fictional people. It is what it is.

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

1 Like

But Detroit IS and has been NFL purgatory, and well before Stafford ever stepped foot in the NFL. Ask Barry. Or Calvin. Or any number of careers who have ended here. Other players have even referred to us as purgatory, so it isn’t just fans. Sure, let’s hope that changes, but you can’t really debate the past.

Rams were ■■■■■■ before Stafford joined. McVay’s offense had been found out. He knew it, which is why he went and got a QB that “didn’t need training wheels” (NFL.com has a great breakdown on this).

You mean the one they got into because of the worst non-call in league history?

Speaking of cherry-picking plays as evidence …

Here we go again: can we please start taking bets on how people who bring up this stupid non-INT will refuse to acknowledge the MULTIPLE dropped touchdown passes in that game? Or the fact his team tried giving the game away to Tom Brady, before Matt made one of the great throws in post-season history? Goff doesn’t make that throw because he’s not talented enough. Full stop.

I’ve asked others who love bringing up Tartt to also talk about the dropped TD passes. They’ve all gone silent. What say you?

Agree, but no one is debating this.

Thanks for the laugh.

I’m sorry that facts continue to torture you, but it is what it is.

I’d rather be stuck in the middle of lunacy if it means a Super Bowl win than in purgatory with a franchise that, at least to date, has refused to even try. Maybe some day the Lions will try lunacy …

1 Like