Is anybody worth #6

The Vikings got the best WR in football @ pick #22 of the 1st round a few years back in Justin Jefferson. Both Reagor and Ruggs were drafted before Jefferson.

Elite talent is in every draft, just gotta pick the right dudes.

10 Likes

Gonzalez still the pick IMO.

As the draft approaches it is harder and harder to get him. At the end of the season you could pick him up in early 2nd. Then it became impossible to get him at #18. Now he’s often gone before #6 (with Carter dropping).

I don’t see any red flags. Tall/fast CB that seems like a good kid. Good family. I think he would fit right in with Sewell & Hutchinson.

9 Likes

The only knock I’ve heard on Gonzalez is he doesn’t get after the action aggressively in some instances in comparison to some of his peers in this class. Yes, he seems to be a high quality propect.

1 Like

I am getting excited about the draft too!!!

erection GIF

3 Likes

Matt Millen has entered the chat

1 Like

Yes taking WRs back to back years guarentees Brad Holmes is just another Matt Millen.

Get a load of this guy…

4 Likes

Gonzales is a legit top 10 talent at a position of need. That’s who I’m expecting and it would not make me ecstatic like Hutch but then I thought the Jags were taking Hutch for sure, I even picked Travon Walker in the contest I was so sure that any sane team would take Hutch. But that wonderful guy in Jacksonville, still need to send him a Christmas card every year.

The only guy who could do that for me this year is Bryce. And that my friends, is dreaming just a little too hard. Expecting him to go to Carolina, but he definitely won’t make it to 6.

2 Likes

Is he? He just seems like a kid. Needs to grow up a bit.

I remember when Warren Sapp dropped because of a drug test I believe.

Randy Miss dropped as well.

Aaron Donald went 13th I think?

Ray Lewis was 20 something.

Rodrigo went in the 6th! Lol just had to throw that in there.

There were 16 wrs taken before Amon Ra.

The one thing I know is that BH seems to be pretty good at this.

10 Likes

That’s how I’d label him.

1 Like

I like a pinch of Diva in my big play guys.

Amon-Ra is perfect for the chain mover. So is JSN. But the take the top off guy having some swag isn’t the worst thing. Trey Palmer has a pinch of diva to him. Still want him.

4 Likes

Christian Gonzalas

2 Likes

I’ve hated six since this draft season began. Its no-man’s land to me. But the only time I’ve felt different in the last like five years was the 2021 class with Penei. You knew we were getting a stud that year because there were so many talented guys.

If we draft Jalen Carter and it works out, we’ll hit the jackpot. But man, that is why Holmes gets paid that money. The character stuff is beyond me. I remember I wanted Malik McDowell not too long ago and he gets drafted, does crazy stupid shit and now he’s lucky to be in the league. I also think Seattle might pass on Carter because of that too.

2 Likes

I can’t say I hate 6. In fact I’m thrilled to have it. So many of us expected this pick to be 27-32 and instead of celebrating we are fussing over prospects that are all a notch above where that pick was projected to be.

I’d take Carter or Young instantly if either fell. I am a believer in Goff but you don’t pass on Young if he falls.

Carter has legit question marks and I believe it was @socko who made the nick fairly comparison and I 100% see that.

However, I expect both to be gone and Gonzales to be the pick.

Then I’m expecting lineman with next two picks

2 Likes

I think Seattle takes whatever edge that Arizona don’t take. Pete Carroll just likes the edge guys. They just signed the DT Reed. I see the 3 QBs Anderson and Tyree gone when we pick. I think we take Carter . I see no other options unless somebody wants to trade up for Levis and we know that never happens.

1 Like

I’m not sure I agree….

For just a sec…. Let’s remember that a high percentage of top 10 QBs bust, and pretend teams aren’t dying to draft the next Baker, Darnold or Wilson…. I know that 3, and likely 4 will go, but let’s pretend…

Stroud
Young
Anderson
Murphy
T Wilson
Carter
Skoronski
P Johnson
C Gonzalez
JSN
Bijan

Other than not trusting Young’s size or Carter at all… that’s a pretty talented group…

People are getting too caught up in mock drafts and perceived value of where guys should go. Would you rather pick 7? Or 15? Take the player you think will help your team the most and remember that 26 teams would rather be where we are picking.

6 Likes

Well if we are not getting Carter I would ask those 26 other teams what they would give up to have that number 6 pick? I would love a trade down. There is a ton of talent for early day 3 picks and we don’t have any.

2 Likes

Ha that’s funny! I think we’re good. Worst case scenario though could happen. We’re out on Carter due to failing the turd test and he tumbles out of the top 6. Anderson and Wilson go, who now are the only defenders in this class worth a top 6 pick. Young, Stroud and Richardson go top 5 with the QB needy moving into those positions.

So that’s it. This is the worst case scenario for us. We still sitting there with Will Levis and despite the haters, when Dane Brugler says NFL teams are high on him, I believe it. The drop from Levis to the next guy, I believe it’s Hooker, but regardless, it’s a loonnggg way to him. There will be a team who will make a move to get 6 from us so they can take him. So beans are your “as bad as it gets” situation in my determination. The meat of this draft if you aren’t rolling the dice at QB is like 9-38. If we can add another player in that area you get a guy who will play a lot of high level snaps for you.

What I “think” will happen, is that QB hungry teams will get even more aggressive once FA shakes out and Wilson will fall to us. Though this IMO is not the “perfect” scenario, and Wilson is not the “perfect” prospect, he’s worth 6 in this draft. No one that fits a need for us is, unless you go QB if one of the top 4 is there. If Holmes decides that’s the swing to take, I’m good with it. I’d prefer not however. Just move Romeo on, and stack the dollars for a late offseason acquisition. That’s the room for Wilson and we are looking great at EDGE. With guys like Cominsky, Paschel and Hutch that can all play outside in creating different looks across the front. Then you have our flamethrowers lining up outside of guys like that with the likes of Wilson, Houston, JOk and Harris.

So it’s Wilson, TD, QB or take the chance on Carter. Not a “bad” choice in the bunch IMO. I know QB wouldn’t be popular, but also wouldn’t be a bad choice from a building the team perspective.

2 Likes

That’s fair enough. I tend to be overly critical until I fall in love. I just haven’t fallen in love with too many this year. AR, Nolan Smith, Jalen Carter (character aside) are a few…