Is anybody worth #6

Imagine the WR room when JSN gets more playing time than his old teammate Jamo who left because JSN moved ahead of him on the depth chart.

3 Likes

I’d imagine that would be a pretty enticing pitch to Jamo to get his ass on the practice field.

“You got replaced by this guy because you didn’t work hard, and if you don’t figure it out and work hard, you’re going to get replaced by him again.”

2 Likes

I think, from what we have read about him that he would demand a trade. immature is as immature does.

My top 10 targets for whole first round. Whether its at 6, 18, or anywhere else.

No order
1. Anderson
2. Wilson
3. Richardson
4. Stroud
5. Branch
6. Kancey
7. Jaxon Smith-Njiba
8. Skoronski
9. Torrence
10. Robinson

Brian Branch is starting to rise fast for me. Especially if we plan on playing 3 safties. Like Gardner-Johnson he can play a variety of roles.
He also is a sure of a tackler as they come.

I don’t think we draft an outside corner early, probably late rounds to compete for the number 5 spot.

My preferences, in order:

QB (Young, Stroud, AR or Levis)
Anderson, if he checks non-turd box
Paris Johnson
Wilson
Skoronski
Gonzalez
JSN
Johnston
Spoon
Branch

Have concluded Carter is too turdy. If Brad thinks otherwise, he’s #2.

Some people overthink it to the point that they would rather get “better value” on a lesser player than risk being perceived as not getting “good value” on a better player.

7 Likes

If the top 5 doesn’t go well and Anderson and Wilson are gone. I would heavily consider Branch.

Versatile, phenomenal tackler, good ball skills. I think he could have a big role here.

We would have to draft some fatties later on in the draft.

1 Like

I think he’d be a great pick for us at 18, now that we’ve shored up outside CB and let Elliot go. We did resign Will Harris, but I’d be totally fine making him the backup to Branch. Another guy like Schmitz, with amazing tape, but didn’t win the underwear olympics so foolish team may pass on him and let him fall right to us.

1 Like

Jimmy Carter News GIF by Mic

1 Like

Branch at 6 just seems like a massive reach.

3 Likes

1 Like

I understand where you are coming from. Nickel is such an important position now and a really good one is hard to find though.

2 Likes

I find it difficult to complain about #6….
when I expected something like #26….

But Carolina and Mayfield can still eff off….

Reaction Middle Finger GIF

3 Likes

I worry that Bama makes Branch look better than he actually is. He’s not that big, he’s not that fast. He makes lots of tackles but lots of guys do that. If he played for Iowa, would we be talking about him as a 1st rounder?

OSU tunnel vision…
stop motion wtf GIF by Colin Raff

Indeed. Just wait and watch. He’s a different breed of monster.

1 Like

Ah yes so I spend basically the last 2 years bashing every player that comes from Ohio State except Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave and now that I want us to take one I have “OSU tunnel vision”.

They basically played different positions at Ohio State, right? Jamo was never playing the slot. I think Wilson and Olave were the two guys blocking him.

Garrett Wilson played slot. They moved Garrett Wilson outside and JSN to the slot instead of keeping Wilson in the slot and elevating Jamo outside…

1 Like

Even then it would have been a Wilson vs. Jamo competition right? Jamo was never playing the slot.