Is Holmes playing smartest guy in the room?

Oh, me too. I just feel the consensus seems to be that LT is harder to get than RT…Sewell is the best RT in the league…but he’s also the best LT…I guarantee it. Best OL in NFL history (for real)…the guy barely has pubic hair…cat still had baby fat when we drafted him, and not even full muscular maturity. Ridiculous freak of nature and a fantastic human being to go with it.

3 Likes

Toad Totes GIF by chuber channel

It reminds me of the Goff/Hooker debate. We know Goff is a really good QB but maybe Hooker could be better. But like Brad said, it’s easier to get worse than better. Anyway, I would want to see some extended Sewell time at LT before I’d draft a RT to replace Decker. And if that never happens, I would play it safe and draft the LT to replace Decker. Who is not retiring any time soon BTW.

I"m with you on that - which is part of the reason I think Manu is soooo low risk. I think T-Deck will get another contract with us and win a couple of SBs her too.

Manu will be SO ready by the time he is needed.

2 Likes

They just drafted Decker’s replacement. I believe that. You’re right there’s no rush, which is perfect. And he’ll be groomed as a starter in part by his Polynesian brother from another mother Sewell.

1 Like

Interesting

I know HSVlion would have killed a man if they drafted Bullard.

Hall im a bit surprised but maybe character issues were overzealous then?

Tez in the 4th i would have been okay if, but his senior bowl lives rent free in my head, it was quite bad

I see the same thing that I always see with Holmes.

Selective aggression.

He has an appetite for risk for sure but tends to be rather gun shy about handing out massive draft capital to move up
or give out massive long term money to outsiders.

If our “chips to the center of the table moves” involve 3rd rounders then that’s actually considerable restraint relative to most GMs.

9 Likes

Loved hearing him tell how Sewell is his role model already in his interview. Seems SO “best case scenario” to me.

2 Likes

Sit there and wait your turn so you can take a guy you like.

Or

Move up and take a guy you love.

The answer seems simple to me.

4 Likes

His targeting of specific players is why we are what we are as a team, right now.

1 Like

I thought Sewell looked real good last year at LT when Decker was out. It was only 2 games though. But he looked like a natural. His rookie year he did struggle a bit though. Surprisingly has 10 starts at left tackle already in his career. Decker has missed some time.

2 Likes

Yup - he’s a natural at smashing humans…God made him for this.

2 Likes

Drawing a blank on who JPJ is . . .

OL or C prospect, think the last J was Jackson can’t recall the rest…

2 Likes

Yep… like you said wait until he hits puberty. He’s barely legal drinking age. I see @socko point though… maybe we just keep him at right tackle. He’s already the best one in the nfl.

Ie: good lord kewsi, what are you doing?

He wants to give picks away.

Jackson Powers-Johnson

2 Likes

Dane implied the same thing about JPj after night one. That he loved the tape but was unsurprised he slid bc he had way too many character inquiries come back as negative :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Only things I know.

1. TA wasn’t going to make our pick.
  2. We were unfortunately targeting a player that we were also short at and other teams knew it.
  3. BH has earned the right to do what he wants.
  4. We can’t judge any of this until we see how the players turn out. I love the late picks for value.

One of the things I didn’t see in my scrolling is this …

In the presser BH says that when he got up in the morning he decided he wanted to go after these two specific players. Not mentioned here is the fact BH them say he came into the facility and found MCDC and told him what he was wanting to do. And the our HC responded with the fact he wanted the same two players…,

So this wasn’t just homes…. This was an agreed upon move by a GM and HC who were in mutual agreement….

It was a collaboration….

And I’m fine with it

4 Likes