Is Holmes playing smartest guy in the room?

& it always will be w/these guys.

2 Likes

I blocked that troll right after he said Arnold panics…lol

We don’t know and 2024 will reveal a lot, but…it appears to me that Davis will be one and done–and a big chunk in the compensatory pick game for 2026.

1 Like

Its possible the trade happened and he walked in the door and said ya im not doing yall any favors and i want 17 million a year and holmes was like ya no.

4 Likes

Either Holmes or Davis said that there had been discussions on an extension before/during the trade.

I’d have a hard time believing that Holmes would give up a 3rd rounder for a one year rental.

1 Like

Agreed. Its all speculation…but they did talk to him about his contract and to this point they have not. There was a rumor that Davis was not thrilled to be traded to Detroit.

It was Davis that said there had been discussions about his contract/extension. It also sounded like he was caught off guard by the trade and maybe not happy.

2 Likes

He’s a pro. Either he gets over it or he’s not here next year. We could definitely nab a 3rd or 4th as a comp pick.

5 Likes

You have to have teams willing to trade. I have no problem with what Holmes did

1 Like

If Brad is entering the compensatory pick phase that I think is part of his long range planning, then you have to balance the one year rental equation with perhaps a 4th round comp pick in 2026.

No guarantees that happens, especially if Davis gets a significant injury this year. We’ll see.

1 Like

Im glad we went the way we did in the draft. Personally, i would think it foolish to just assume we were good after davis robertson and say one college corner. I was reading alot of bucs writers and they were talking about his recent injury history and think there is merit to the caution. Definitely going to help but personally i am more excited about the two rookies and robertson.

2 Likes

The Sutton situation was a blessing imo. It literally force Holmes to address the position. The draft is probably different had Sutton remained on roster

2 Likes

I dont think so. Sutton was BAD once they switched to man coverage schemes. Brad and Dan have been asking AG to be patient as they first focused on the offense and rebuilding Goff. The defense wasnt going to get fixed over night. Yes we need DE help but AG has been chomping at the bit for corners. Branch was a start and now we got the 2 young pups. AG’s defense is going to be nasty this year.

3 Likes

They gave up 2 picks in the 5th round for Martin.
A 3rd rounder (likely late 3rd)… for Manu.
And basically gave up a 4th in 2025 to get Vaki.

Wow.

Big deals. 🫨🫨🫨

1 Like

If any of those 3 hit. What if all 3 hit? Great coaching and grewt athletes are a lethal combination. Martin is so so, but he is HUUUUUUUUUGE…surely his floor is higher then say a benito jones type.

1 Like

To be fair, the Lions haven’t gone to the SB yet. Let’s start counting SB wins when we have one.

That’s not how Big Natty’s mind works. To him we’re the two-time defending champs. It’s an infectious way of seeing things.

4 Likes

We had a great year last year and we have a core that should be competitive. But we have yet to win a Super Bowl so people have a right to question Holmes until they win a Super Bowl. To me we have more Projects then we should on this roster. 2 projects taken in back to back drafts for 3rd round pick is questionable.

53 man roster with 1 project I get it we now have 2 major projects on this roster. To be honest have a better chance to fail then to hit.

Just call us Big Man Project U!

1 Like

I will have exactly the same amount of faith I have had since I first saw Dan…we have multiple SBs…they’re not quite done deal in today’s reality…but it is a total forgone conclusion.

My faith is strong, and I’m guessing at least 2 for these guys, but probably more like 4 or 5

3 Likes