I can’t help but question the big contract given to Jameson Williams. From day one, I felt like he and Goff just weren’t on the same page. It feels like Holmes and/or Campbell were just mesmerized by his explosiveness but ignored the serious lack of intangibles the guy brings. Mis-timed routes, dropping passes, off the field issues with guns. Is he seriously among the top receivers in the game at $80 mill for 3 years, or could we have got a lot more for that money?
Yes. He’s criminally underrated. If he was the focus of a team’s passing game he’d be mentioned with the top tier WR in the league. It just so happens we have ARSB and Gibbs and a QB and offense more tailored to their skill sets.
No. But i’m okay with it.
Let me give you some advice. Dont start your journey here on the Den by questioning MCDC. Hell, I say good things about them and these guys try running me off ![]()
On a serious note. Is he worth the money? Yes, by a production standpoint he is. Williams is a frustrating high ceiling number 2 who lacks the ball skills to be an elite #1. Most games he’s a net positive. A few games he’s a negative. But he’s a 1,000 yard WR who DB’s I’m sure account for and fear.
As far as cap space goes? He’s better value than a Jack Campbell
(now I did it)
that’s on the coaches
First two paragraphs, A+. Last paragraph, ummmmmm. First team All-Pro Campbell at a low-paying position. Dude’s a beast.
When we traded up for Jamo, I honestly thought the target was Kyle Hamilton. As soon as we picked Jamo I raised the question “is he a true #1”? I was told emphatcally “yes!” by both our fanbase and our opponents’ fan bases (that I talked to). I was, and am still skeptical.
I agree that it seemed he and Goff could not, and still struggle to get on the same page, especially on deep balls. When they are in sync, Jamo drops a lot of easy catches, which I believe is a concentration issue, but hasn’t improved.
I love Jamo’s enthusiasm, playfulness and joy he brings to the game. His speed alone impacts defenses even if he doesn’t catch a pass. I guess the answer is a mixed bag. In today’s NFL, a 3rd target in a high powered offense is worth $26M per year. Those numbers have to make someone like Lynn Swann or Michael Irvin crazy wondering what they might’ve been worth in today’s game.


Yes. JAMO is 100% worth the money, in fact it is a discount.
Defenses are not scared of St. Brown or Laporta in the same way they are scared of JAMO. It’s not just that he is fast. It’s that he can actually turn that speed into a td from anywhere on the field. Every year he has at minimum 5 tds of 50 plus yards off of reverses, deep post routes, drag routes that he takes 60 yards. Defenses play everyone else honest because of JAMO. Make no mistake, JAMO was drafted to be a number 1 receiver and St Brown just blew up. JAMO off the field they can bracket St Brown differently, same with Laporta. Jamo is a borderline top 10 wr.
lol good try, and no. Unless your prefer building a team that way…
This feels like a very intentional comment though, trying to get some feathers ruffled again I see ![]()

Welcome to the board. I think it’s a fair question due to some of the actual numbers that Jamo seems to be struggling with right now.
That all said, as @QBHATER90 said, Jamo changes the defense on the field second only to Gibbs, regardless of if he gets the touch or not. I agree that he does not have the ball skills some of the other top receivers do, but his capabilities of true game breaking speed as well as once the ball is in his hands are top tier. Elite top tier. I think with the ball skills of St., he would be maybe the top WR in the league. Without them, he is someone that eases the routes of everyone else on the team.
I find him to be worth his now or soon to be middling contract.
This thread is going to be banging when Jamo rips off a 60 yarder this weekend. It’s coming…this week, next week.
This is the sort of thing isn’t widely understood outside of Lions superfan circles, because it doesn’t show up on any stat sheet, PFF rating, or fantasy football point system.
It’s obvious to people who watch games and look at film, but they’re a pretty small minority in sports hot-take land.
That’s an all-time best receiver Frankenstein monster you just assembled there.
to your point. I have my fantasy football group txt and my buddies are “JAMO SUCKS who wants him” trade talks…..
Only issues I have with Jamo isnt even about Jamo…it’s about Brad and his choice to trade up picks for a redundant WR in Teslaa when Jamo’s already here…and now we’re seeing the lack of fruits being born with Teslaa being a fudd when other, more pressing needs should have been addressed with that draft, that are still apparently other, more pressing needs.
Jamo is the 20th highest paid receiver. I’d say that’s about right for him if not even slightly underpaid considering what guys like Aiyuk and Pierce get.
Well said, and a worthy topic for another thread. Brad is an outright gambler and it’s feast or famine come draft time. Trading a 3rd round pick to move up four spots and get Terrion Arnold? It’s impossible to say how much talent has been lost from these stunning moves.
In a myopic sense looking at his stats, no. In a big picture sense of knowing his usage and picturing our offense how MCDC wants to see it built and played…. and thinking ahead to playoff football, I wouldn’t want to be in the camp that sides against him at his contract. Same for TeSlaa. Dan has a vision that he and Brad share. Jamo or a player like him is part of that. It began with Dan while he was still in New Orleans.