Is OT a "need"?

That nasty MF’r is exactly what we need for exactly the right price. Him and Swift…oooohhhh yeah. Our Packer guy (the other J-Will) is solid and better than serviceable, but not a game changer. To me, he’s like a less slippery, but tougher version of Kerryon, who may produce similarly…without the injuries, of course.

J-Will (the NC version) is a massive upgrade. The type of energy he brings will infect the team with awesomeness.

Was just reading more about Joe Thomas and the arm length thing. He thinks the stat is stupid and says it should be measured with arms straight out, palms forward. Also measurements are all over the place depending on who does it and where on the shoulder they start. When he measured 32.5” and a a scout said his arms were too short for LT he took it personally

Consider the Nico Collins measurements
Senior Bowl 32 1/2”
Pro Day 34 1/8”

2 Likes

Did he do his measurement bone pressed?

shrinkage at the senior bowl?

Decides Terrence Howard GIF

lol. It was just really cold that day and they just went swimming

2 Likes

We need pretty much every position. But if I had to rank them based on importance to the teams need and importance it would be:
RT
WR
LB
S
CB
DT
DE

Yup, we need a couple trade downs…more picks!
Only plays I draft at 7 if there are Sewell, Chase, Pitts. All 3 are going to be Pro Bowlers IMO.

They have more picks. A lot more, next year.

Need to quit viewing this as a must be a one year build. It’s not.

Take talent when talent is staring you in the damn face.

1 Like

Tim Twentyman…" Draft: The offensive line doesn’t seem like a huge priority come April’s draft with Decker, Jackson, Ragnow, Crosby, Vaitai, Nelson, Dan Skipper, Dahl and Logan Stenberg, who could be in line for a bigger role after a developmental rookie season, all under contract for next season." I agree. If Sewell is gone so is the urgency to draft a RT.

1 Like

Yes. Vaitai was the swing, and it was a miss. If Crosby was a starter, then no big money into Vaitai. BQ blew it and paid an unproven guy long term money. So “it’s possible” that when healthy he’s a very good RT. Or, maybe not and DC has said they want to try him at OG first. So if he’s our starting RG, then it’s Crosby or Nelson. Not enthused and that is HOPING Vaitai was hurt and didn’t just really really suck. If we go with the same right side as last season, expect last reason right side results. Was that good enough?? I think there is your answer.

RT is a need. I’m fine with drafting an OT as high as 7 if it’s Sewell. Decker is a good LT. But I do believe he can be a good RT and is probably a better one day one than any RT candidates we have on our roster. So Sewell/Decker. Absolutely let it shake out who should play where now and in the future. Their combined money over the next 4 years is not terrible for bookend OT’s in a passing league.

I’m OK with Sewell, I’m not OK drafting the 6th or 7th best OT at #41, there will be better value esp if we haven’t taken a WR.

We cut Dahl.

Cutting Dahl, who hasn’t signed on anywhere, doesn’t change anything to me. $250,000 in dead money, they could do vet minimum if they really wanted him back.

I’m huge on Williams myself but I just don’t think it’s realistic. That dudes a stud and I’d love to have him.

Let me toss a guy out that should be available day 3 and who I think is a solid player. He better fits the role of a depth guy and will be available at a point I think is a realistic option for the Lions.

This ones for you @BigNatty … watch some of his highlights and let me hear your thoughts.

Jermar Jefferson

College: Oregon State
Height: 5’10"
Weight: 217

Year G ATT YDS YPC TDS REC YDS TDS
2018 12 239 1,380 5.8 12 25 147 0
2019 9 142 685 5.0 8 9 85 2
2020 6 133 858 6.5 7 9 67 0
Career 27 514 2,923 6.0 27 43 299
2 Likes

Do you still like him at 212 lbs?

1 Like

Nah … did he lose weight to improve his times?

He’s a stud and 8lbs doesn’t worry me anyway.

1 Like

As long as you like him at 212 it’s all good. If 212 is a deal breaker, I have some bad news for you.

2 Likes

I watched a little film on Jermar Jefferson and first impression was good. Can’t say I watched enough to feel real confident in that opinion… but looked promising to me.

2 Likes

Tell that to Jonah Jackson and Frank Ragnow. Both were solid as rookie o-linemen.

2 Likes

Ragnow and Jonah had plenty of struggles thier rookie years. Both were inconsistent but showed a lot of promise.

Take the time to watch more and I think you’ll be impressed. He isn’t anything special as a receiver and I view him more as a rotational player. But that kid can run.

1 Like