Is QB Now The Pick

Lance was named starter. His problem was he got hurt. I’m not saying if a highly drafted QB gets hurt or sucks teams won’t cut bait.

I’m saying if they are drafted that high they will be named the starter. It would be a unique situation to draft a QB number six and plan on him being a backup for multiple years. Basically wasting the cap advantage as well

2 Likes

It’s been xone very effectively in the past (though not often).
Rodgers, Young, & more. Our coaches are bold AF.
IMO, it is hard saying what they’ll xo, but I’m not expecting QB.

1 Like
  1. if a qb can’t handle that pressure then do you really want him as a qb? Goff can now, he couldn’t before and Brad was rebuilding him and had Blough as his backup. A non threat.
  2. they are having these conversations. Ultimately do they move on THIS year? Maybe maybe not. But there are having these convos. Goff isn’t in the tier of the top 5-6.
  3. Brad and Dan are playing poker. There is nothing they are saying that can’t be taken whatever way you want to depending on how you want to look at qb. Too many people have said there is truth to the idea of moving in in the next year or two for it to be completely dismissed.

Rodgers was a late first and Young a supplemental draft pick and traded to SF after a year in the USFL

I’m talking about taking a top pick QB who is going to get a 30 million dollar contract. They are drafted to be a starter

1 Like

Lol it scares me to death bro because I do not particularly like the QBs that I think will be available.

1 Like

A guy like Richardson or even Levis(to a lesser extent) wouldn’t be drafted to start right away and to be fair Lance wasn’t drafted to start right away either. The team and the fan base would know that from the get-go understanding the situation they’re being drafted into.

I mean you’re right in that it would have to be a unique situation and I think our team kind of fits into that unique situation. Seattle also fits that as well.

4 Likes

I feel like there is a better chance they trade up for Will Anderson than select a QB @6OA. Tyree Wilson if they stay put.

2 Likes

I’m saying a year at most is what a top pick will get sitting on the bench. And it all but guarantees the current starter is gone

Lance was officially named the starter before he got hurt

1 Like

And Bean city for Jared Goff :joy::joy::joy:

For real though I could see us not going QB in the draft followed by an extension for Goff later in the summer.

Now I really don’t want that to happen lol. But if it did, I think that would be a clear indication QB was in play for the draft. The guy they wanted just didn’t fall to them.

It makes more sense IMO for Seattle. Geno flagged at the end of the season and historically, his great season was a performance outlier. Plus he’s 32 and his contract makes it easy to move on after this year. I think typically when a team has a QB in their 30’s they are already looking for heir apparent

2 Likes

I can see your point. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m just saying with what I know and heard it won’t be happening is all.

1 Like

The difference here is that in truth we’re not a top 10 bad team desperately needing a QB to start for us and be good. We can actually sit a QB for a year or even 2 depending on how his development is going. Again like you said we’re in a unique situation.

Also I want to add that you would only make a move like this if you “believe” that the QB you’re taking will be better than Goff eventually. I mean there’s obviously variables that would need to be considered anyway.

I think we will draft a QB to sit for a couple years and develop.

I’m just saying at 6OA it doesn’t happen. At 6OA, that’s the guy. At 6OA the team is saying, ‘this is our new Franchise QB’ who will sit for a year at most

1 Like

I did not mean to come across as if I was challenging you, sorry if it came across like that brother.

1 Like

Your good brother. I know you were just expressing your point of view. You are always good in my book my man!!

1 Like

Well let’s not get carried away here…

Best Friends Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Handshake Bros GIF

1 Like

To be clear if we do draft say, AR at 6OA, I’ll be dismayed. But I’ll also become an AR fan real quick and trust Holmes has a great plan

It would be a big risk. But what the hell. It’s the Lions and at worst be fun to watch either a winning lottery ticket or a total train wreck

1 Like

Same here…total shock and it’s so not the kind of QB I covet.

2 Likes

I agree. Also, did Ben come back to blow it up and start again? If you pick at 6, the guy has to play this season at some point. The way it works these days it seems. Ben’s scheme is complex so not ideal for a new guy or for Ben who will want to shine then move on. Just a thought . . .

2 Likes

We’re not a typical 6OA team and neither is Seattle. Usually teams don’t have a guy like Goff where you can just develop your QB and hopefully continue to win games(we’re all hoping next year anyway rookie QB or no rookie QB). I’m simply saying that if you’re winning games then you can potentially extend that development cycle past 1 year.