Is Rodrigo really a starting LB?

How is he the 2 or 3 worst player ? Will Harris and most of the secondary were worse. He was better then our DTs except maybe McNeil . And in alot of games he was the best LB on top of that he was a rookie. How many rookie LBers faired better ?

I don’t get that one at all.

He not a player that makes you pass on on upgrading in the draft. But he was a very good player for a 6th Rd rookie and will only get better because he has that it factor that Dan talks about.

5 Likes

Marty knows, the future will play out won’t it!?

1 Like

If Barnes played more, he’d be Wagner 2.0, but 7 years younger. MC/DC is a terrible coach! AG is even worse.

#justiceforbarnes
#fireHolmesasap

:wink:

1 Like

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

1 Like

If James Houston had gotten the 1080 snaps he deserved he would have had 62 sacks, 85 QB hits, and 54 TFL

Criminally underused!

5 Likes

Excuse me, worst 2nd or 3rd worst starter

Tell us Marty, what did you see!?

back to the future GIF

Btw this isn’t getting easier.

1 Like

62 sack season, not bad, I’ll take that!

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

2 Likes

Romeo had 2 sacks with limited snaps the last 3 games. I am just going to pencil him in for 14 sacks this year.

1 Like

Upgrade. He split snaps last year.

No

I do not view him as a starting caliber LB. Lions fans have not seen good LBer play on so long they forgot what it looks like.

Rodrigo has a place on the team. He’s a good rotational piece but he’s limited in what he can do.

Barnes has far more upside but he’s also not a starting caliber LBer. Although I think he could be one if he could put it all together.

Personally I think the Lions desperately need a solid LBer who has the range and coverage skills to be a 3 down LBer

This defense desperately needs the next great LBer. I want a Patrick Willis, Derrick Brooks type for us.

8 Likes

Too funny. Two different positions. Why not say if he played CB he would have had 6 ints.

I keep seeing this sentiment, and it’s certainly reasonable to take this position, but personally I think it’s dangerous to just assume he gets a bunch better automatically. First, the term “sophomore slump” exists for a reason, and secondly I’m not sure he was really beating out a lot of talent last year.

Exactly, it’s like Rodrigo had to start by default. They need to add another solid piece even if for nothing other than competition and depth.

There’s no doubt when you watch a great D like the 9ers it’s noticeable how much we lack this

2 Likes

OMG

Bro, when you latch on, you don’t let go.

Funny, though. Just about fell out the chair.

1 Like

Joking Just Kidding GIF

1 Like

Answers surprises me. I suggested upgrade and thought that I’d be raked over the coals.

The posters on this Lions board are far more knowledgeable than those on other boards.

1 Like

I only say I expect improvement because I believe he is a hard worker and will put in the time. I think he has a limited ceiling and he will never be a Werner in SF. Yes. I am envious of the LBs in SF and it’s like damn why can’t we have one like that. I thought Devin Lloyd in last years draft could be that guy.

1 Like

I recommend that everyone take a look at Warner and Greenlaw in 18’-20’… lots of empty tackles- 58-65 PFF graded season low impact plays….

Then in 21-22’ BOOM!!!

Rodrigo was a good as a rookie as either of them…. He was a stud in college and tested balls out.

I think he is a steal.

3 Likes

Wanted Rodrigo and love him … but I want the LBs improved.
Btw, what position exactly does Houston play?