Is Stafford stuborn?

Oh, my. We truly all choose the stories we wish to believe, don’t we?

I’m just drawing a conclusion based on the facts I think have the most weight. Show me some facts to the contrary, and it could change my mind.

Just one question. Did you block out the end of 2013 as a painful memory? Stafford was not good down that stretch. 7-5 with 4 games to go. Green Bay wins the division with an 8-7-1 record.

Last 4 games of 2013: 2 TD passes, 5 INTs with a pick 6 to give away the Giants game at home.

Add to that Caldwell coming in and saying, every chance he got, “I’m going to fix Stafford”. Why fix if not broken?

Also, I’m 100% factually correct about him being in the same system for the first 5 years, not 3.

That’s the thing about this …there are no facts. The closest thing we can come to is comparisons of surrounded talent/lack thereof, w/l record, depth of team, strength of coaching, stats, etc. None of these things are all encompassing. some people focus on one end of the spectrum more, while others focus on the other.

I don’t care if he was in the same system for 5 years once (that’s actually a testimonial of what I’m talking about). One time, he had an OC for 5 years. Or are you counting Lambo’s O turning into JBC’s?

Either way, you get the point. Not going to argue semantics.

2 Likes

Brees is tremendously accurate. He is not however able to throw many, many passes that Stafford can make. I am not trying to dismiss Brees as a player, but he simply doesn’t have the ability to throw as far, hard or with the arm angles that Stafford can. He is also not as athletic, strong or able to take punishment as Stafford can.

1 Like

Stop plagiarizing cupcake. Yes Brady wishes he could make half the throws that Stafford can make. Nobody with any knowledge of that position would question that. Brees has always stated that Stafford and Rodgers have the best throwing ability in the NFL, clearly above everyone else. Rodgers used to be more accurate on the move and Stafford could throw the 40 yd rope better than anyone. Rodgers is no longer as accurate as his mechanics are getting worse. My guess is that he isn’t taking to coaching due to his ego.

See what I mean, Docbrown?!?! LOL

Same ole Jr. Everyone that doesn’t share his inflated views of Stafford “has no knowledge of the position” or is “dull”.

Better mind yourself here Jr, you’re going to get yourself kicked off this board too.

2 Likes

It’s not just Stafford, he deals in extreme absolutes with everything. You’ve never visited the 247 OTT? It’s comedy gold some of the shit he says :joy:

1 Like

It kind of gives me a chuckle.

1 Like

Linehan.

Although JBC did go back to a lot of Linehan’s plays hand picked by Stafford, so…

There are facts. Like: we fired Schwartz after a 2013 meltdown after a poor 2012. The record is plain to see. We’ve shown Stafford’s QB rating for those years. Then the next guy got the job because he said he could “fix” Stafford… What other conclusion could you reasonably draw from that?

All you’re saying is “nuh uh”.

Stafford #7

Brees #4

Mike McMahon also had a pretty badass arm. Too bad he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. Stafford is more accurate than he is, but that’s like bragging you’re skinnier than the fattest kid in school.

2 Likes

If you feel all i’ve said is “huh uh,” and that’s what you infer from what I’ve responded, then it may also say a lot about assumptions and “facts” that you draw from other places as well.

:slight_smile:

p.s. Nuh-uh!

2 Likes

You did say “there are no facts”… I think there are. Maybe we don’t draw an absolutely rock solid conclusion, but enough to have reasonable opinions…It doesn’t hurt anything to throw out facts that support a hypothesis or shoot it down. It’s just talk. Nothing to get upset about, anyway.

What leads you to believe anyone is upset, brother?
or that I find anything wrong with facts?
you are a master assumption-maker

Not saying you or me, but some people get upset. I was hinting that I’m not upset, but having fun with the discussion.

I’m not making assumptions about you. I was reading what you wrote and taking you at your word when you said “there are no facts”.

I hope you can believe that I"m trying to see things from as many points of view that I can. If I don’t show it enough, I’ll try harder.

1 Like

Stafford has suspect situational awareness. He has little ability to improvise. He misses wildly and always blames his receiver. Sometimes you have to make shit up and throw where the guy is running to regardless of what the intricacies of the playbook say. That’s football and he doesn’t do that well.

I challenge you to prove he’s ever blamed a receiver in his life. Shit, he improvised just fine on the Amendola and Hockenson TD passes. Seriously guys, where do you get this crap from?

No, I don’t think Stafford is “stubborn”. I think he’s demonstrated that he’s coachable and that he’s a good teammate many times throughout his career.

Personally, I think Stafford’s biggest “problem” is his competitiveness. Some guys aren’t competitive, some guys like to win more than they dislike losing, and some guys hate losing more than they like winning.

I’d put Stafford in the middle there - he likes to win, doesn’t like to lose, but at the end of the day after a loss, he gets to go home to his beautiful home where everything is wonderful.

Guys like Tom Brady are not approachable after a loss (or a tie). Their hatred for losing far outpaces their love for winning. These guys simply don’t like to lose. That mentality seeps down into the mentality of the other players on the team over time.

Stafford has all the arm talent in the world. He’s thrown so many beautiful passes in his career and I’m sure he’ll throw many more. I don’t think he’ll ever win anything, however. I think he, and subsequently the team, are ok with losing games. It hurts for a moment, but at the end of the day they go home to their wonderful homes and families and all is well with the world.

Until we have leadership members on this team that simply won’t tolerate losing, the Lions will be losers (or sometimes winners, but not consistently)

2 Likes

I am not really sure I have ever heard Stafford blame his receivers. Not many QBs blame their teammates even if it is their fault. It is something they are trained not to do. I really can’t remember any QB that blames his teammates. The guy is the leader of the team; that isn’t something a legit leader does. He does seem to have a “aww shucks” type of attitude after a loss. But that doesn’t really mean anything to me. He can want to win just as much as a guy who smashes stuff after a loss. The QB is the face of the franchise, and most teams want a guy that isn’t causing drama, getting in trouble, or acting like an idiot.

A few years ago my sister was sitting in the same row as he was at a Pistons game and 2 kids came up to him and he had a big smile on his face and was getting ready to sign autographs and his wife shooed the kids away from him. He understands his role in the community and does charitable work,
I think he is about middle of the pack as a QB, but at least he isn’t a jerk like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.

I think brees is the best qb in nfl. Sean Payton screwed brees with many coaching errors, otherwise brees should have won more super balls.

You have not watched much Lions :lion:

one of many examples bruh