Is Stafford stuborn?

what of Matt yelling at Colt players?

I think that was Marvin Jones on that play. I know it was a WR that caught a ball with time running down, and could have went out of bounds, but stayed in bounds, so they had to burn a timeout

So getting in Ebron’s face for running the wrong route is blaming his receivers for a bad pass? Try harder… he’s never thrown a teammate or coach under the bus, not once.

1 Like

I’m with you up to this point, but not the rest of it.

I think Stafford is extremely confident, sometimes overconfident, in his ability to make any throw. That’s why he takes so many ill-advised chances–much like Favre did in his day.

3 Likes

Matt’s arm talent rivals any QB in the history of the NFL. McMahon had very little arm talent, which is completely different from arm strength.

Few understand the QB position on any level. I dismiss people that refuse to start out with facts. If you don’t realize that Stafford has very special arm talent and many of his throws aren’t possible for most QB’s, you aren’t starting with facts. People can criticize his play late in 2013 as his mechanics were horrible, but you can’t keep bringing it up as if it is who he is today. It is no different from discussing baseball with someone that doesn’t understand the 3rd out ends a rally.

Stafford brings a lot more to the table than Brees does. When Brees gets pressured he will cough it up. When we played them in the playoffs Brees threw four balls in the first half that should have been picked, but the Lions DB’s couldn’t catch. Stafford can make many more throws, is tougher and more athletic. Brees has played 8 years longer and has 7 more 4th quarter comebacks. Brees is a great player with great accuracy and they found a system that he can run effectively. Stafford can run any type of system.

The last few posts kind of sound like a 5th grade essay on Stafford the Great

3 Likes

what is this? Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?

1 Like

That list is a joke from 2012. It’s an opinion piece from one guy that does not reference any measurables. Plus it looks like that writer doesn’t even write dribble anymore. Maybe he changed professions, and for good reason.

1 Like

I hope he doesn’t get kicked off, I get a kick out of his man :heart: for Stafford. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I did not just read “Stafford brings a lot more to the table than Brees”…please tell me I need Lasic surgery​:pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

1 Like

yeah JR should not get booted/banned for his opinion of Matt…I’ve always liked JR , but he & I see Stafford almost completely differently. JR is 100% “Stafford is God and does no wrong.” and I’m 80% Stafford is a quality QB that is/has a few flaws, maybe 10th -best QB in the League.

2 Likes

Agreed. JR is the yin to the anti-Stafford yang.

1 Like

Oh, I don’t think Jr should get banned or kicked-off. His take on Stafford is pure comedy, how can you not just laugh and shake your head.

His whole schtick about everyone being dull, lame, or uninformed gets old but whatever, it’s still funny.

3 Likes

Man, I didn’t realize that Stafford’s throws were so difficult for him to make.

I guess that’s why he’s somewhere around 20th in completion %.

Jeff George

2 Likes

One fights fire with fire.

I think that’s reasonable.

2 Likes

Look at the windows Stafford has to throw into. Completion percentage is a silly way to look at different QB’s in different situations. Look at the throws Stafford has to make and judge him on how well he makes those throws. You can’t actually watch the Lions through two weeks and think accuracy is a problem for Stafford.