Is Taylor Decker worth $10.35M in 2020

Stafford was pressured on 47.1% of his dropbacks, and a league-high 24 times overall.

Right tackle Rick Wagner wasn’t good, allowing one sack and a league-high seven pressures. But left tackle Taylor Decker was somehow worse, allowing two sacks (both of which led to fumbles, one of which was lost) and seven pressures overall. He also committed four penalties, one of which was declined.

Out of 178 offensive linemen who played in Week 1, Decker’s pass blocking ranked 172nd according to ProFootballFocus.

1 Like

The constant offensive line struggles – literally since ove been watching this team – gets old fast.

1 Like

You’re right. After the Lions lost 2 up and coming red chip starters in Andolsek and Utley at the same time, they’ve struggled to compile a competent OL ever since.

Before Quinn arrived, too many Brendan Stai and Jim Pyle type players.

According to PFF, the #1 passblocking OL in week 1 was … Joe Dahl. No sacks, no hits, no pressures, nothin’.

Not so good at run blocking though, down near the bottom.

1 Like

That’s a surprising stat. I really didn’t pay much attention to him, did he play much?

1 Like

Yeah, that shocks me. I fully expected him to be the reason Decker is having problems.

holy #@%^ man O-line is a must-address !!!

I’ve never seen Decker like that. He literally didn’t look like he was trying (or interested), on many plays. Wonder if he’s dealing with something more important than football at home?

That’s because Dahl didn’t run block at all in college. He played in a pure spread, passing offense which rarely ran the ball… After 3 years and one game he hasn’t leaned a thing about run blocking in the NFL.

Ingram and Bosa gotta be licking their chops. Man, what a nightmare. Both of our starting tackles couldn’t block a door stop.

This is the worst I’ve ever seen him play. He truly looked like his head was not even in the game. I seriously wonder if something is going on at home?
Dude literally didn’t even look like he cared.
Hoping for better (obviously), next weekend. If not - we need to replace these cats before our QB gets killed.

The alternative is developing what we got.

Reiff is doing well in Minnesota and Warford is going well in NO.

Reiff is not doing well in Minnesota, he gave up the 8th most pressures for a tackle last year and they were considering moving him to guard.