Is there a #1 WR on our roster?

All I care about is 2’s and 3’s. The idea of a “true #1” in the way most people mean it is an overrated concept.

2 Likes

I say if healthy Perriman puts up 1200+ yds with a few huge games.

A true #1 commands a true #1 coverage.

And that has helped us how exactly?

1 Like

“WHERE IS HE?”
“DO I LOOK LIKE A #1 TO YOU?”

1 Like

Look, if you don’t know how this works just say so.

Well said. I think our O is going to rock this year. Watch us rank ahead of the rams. Wouldn’t shock me at all.

If teams don’t need a #1 RB, I’d say we can do away with the #1 receiver as well. I mean we had Calvin and there were games he would just disappear. The best wr group I’ve seen for us was moore/perriman/morton. You could say moore was the #1 but I wouldn’t put him in a calvin class of wr. I’d say he’s a low 1 or high 2 who benefitted from the jump balls until teams started drafting 6’ and up CBs.
give me 3 or 4 wrs that can run good routes and have good ball catching skills any day. No reason to pay 15-20 or more million per year on 1 guy that might see 6-8 touches a game.

1 Like

How many #1 receivers would you say there are in the league?

We all know how this works, how the whole #1 concept works…or is supposed to work.
It rarely does.

You think Cooper Kupp is a #1 WR?

1 Like

I don’t think they have assigned numbers to the free agents and rookies yet, so I guess we’ll see.

1 Like

Well it is crucial for a proper moscow mule

5 Likes

Someone will get the most catches. Whoever that is, probably gets the mantel. But the fact that you have to take a wait and see approach, kind of means that we don’t have a #1 WR right now. I don’t think we will be toothless at all in our passing game. Ty Williams has a fair catch radius. That makes him dangerous, one on one on the outside. Perriman’s speed should at least drag coverage deeper downfield, especially now that we “should” be able to provide plenty of time to let those routes develop.

With more room underneath, we are actually pretty stacked in weapons to attack that area of the field (which again, should be more open). Hockenson, Swift, Jefferson and St. Brown can all do damage. I also think that Cephus is no scrap heap player. Don’t know exactly where he’ll fill in with the apparent lust for top end speed. But that isn’t what St. Brown has, so I think they will find a role for Cephus.

instead of looking at as far as #1 or #2. I’m more interested in 2 things:

1. Can they stay healthy?
  2. Can they get open?

If you those 2 can happen I don’t care about the labels of “true #1” or #2

5 Likes

Damn it you beat me to it.

1 Like

I thought he had a loser mentality…like the quarterback…

Imagine if Montana and Rice had Stafford’s and CJ’s physical skills…

Losers.

2 Likes

On the Rams roster. You did say…

And, Megatron is a HOFer.
There’s your “participation” trophy.

It seems like we have room to add/upgrade both outside starting outside receivers