I've got Jim Schwartz level excitement for Jahmyr Gibbs

Really like Gibbs - Electric speed, great hands - A player you have to account for on every down. Also a good character kid. He does need to work on pass pro - that is his biggest downfall. But I think he would take the offense to another level. Game breaking speed on the outside with Jamo and in the backfield with Gibbs. Nightmare for defenses considering all the other skill players we have.

1 Like

Him & swifty both - wow
Jamoss & the boys…explosive.
Love how shifty Gibby is…& that acceleration–> WOW! He’s a sneaky MF’r that xoes not go down easily. I would be elated if we got him.

1 Like

If we did draft Gibbs what would we do with Swift?

Trade him for a mid to late round pick or keep him for just one more year?

He may seem like a luxury but we can make enough moves in free agency and have enough picks to really help our defense.

1 Like

I’d keep him for the last year….

unless a trade deadline deal was too good to pass up and the circumstances were right (like Gibbs showing he could handle the workload and Swift possibly not pleased about it).

5 Likes

SO good. This cat could stay healthy, we would be getting ready for next weeks game against Philly.

1 Like

Correct, you keep Swift no need to get rid of him, when healthy, he is good

1 Like

Vision is still top of the list for a RB. I don’t care how fast he is if he can’t find the hole quickly. All you’d have is a guy who misses the hole a little bit faster then everyone else on the field. At work so can’t watch the videos right now but I don’t think anyone mentioned anything about how well he sees the field and identifies an opening.

When they say Gibbs is slippery are they referring to your computer monitor?

John Krasinski Agree GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

1 Like

I don’t think we can draft him based off of this alone bc Ben may not be here for long, but I do think Ben would find ways to get Achane in space. There’s also some interesting things you can do with him as a WR. Specifically as a decoy. Let’s say you have St. alone on one side of the formation. Then you motion Achane out there. You have to respect that speed. You could create all sorts of space by doing precisely that and running posts, nines and corners with Achane.

But are we far enough along to use a second rounder on a 7 carry, 2-3 catch and 2 kick returns a game kind of player?

All that being said Spears at pick 85 is my current preference.

1 Like

This guy knows where the hole is and sticks his head in it, penetrating with speed and decisiveness.

1 Like

She’s gonna love him - Geez!

Yeah that’s the problem with Achane, at the end of the day he’s gonna go right around the same area as Gibbs. That kind of speed is irresistible. If a team’s mostly whole but needs speed… say, the Chargers… he makes a ton of sense. But not for us, not just yet.

The entire NFL is just praying that the Chiefs and Eagles don’t draft him… or the Bengals.

I’d also mention the 49ers… but that seems unlikely if McCaffrey is sticking around.

1 Like

Or someone like McDaniels who will know how to use him

I love Gibbs. Im on the draft Bijan early train, but I’d have zero issue taking Gibbs with 1b. Also love Charbonnet somewhere in the late 2 to 3.
I mean, just one of them. Not all 3… although that three headed monster would be interesting…

Tiyon Evans late on day 3 is kind of interesting.

Sees holes and cutback lanes very well. Also very good and setting up prospective tacklers with a slight move of the hips and then accelerating past them.

Watch the Highlights of both Gibbs and Swift back to back. Both impressive highlight reels. Gibbs looks to have a bit more quickness, Swift looks like the more solid back with the quickness, who has the physic to make it at the next level. Who knew he’d be hurt every year. It does give me a bit of pause on Gibbs. Who knows, some guys know how to avoid the big hits.